Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mike brown

Local High School Star

Default Re: Mike brown

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Brown's rotations have been terrible this year.
    His rotations have been exactly what you should have anticipated from the start of the season. If you expected a seamless transition your were mistaken. Consider an all new Lakers team, from the front office to the ball boys this is a new team being built for a new page in NBA history. A hand full of new players, a new system with zero training camp to institute it. No practice time with games stacked on top of each other.

Players like MWP coming into the season out of shape, Barnes still limping from his injury last season and egghead being suspended for the first 5 games.
    Mid season trades further hindering things as the starting PG spot is shaken up. Let's not forget Odom had his feelings hurt to start it all off ending with one of the teams true assets being shipped off to Dallas and the repercussions from that on the team. The team you see today has 6 players left over from last season, one of which missed half the year and only 4 that have played together for more than one season.

Oh yeah Bynum lets go back to the triangle offense that's a brilliant idea you had there.

Of course rotations are odd there's no way they could be anything but odd considering the circumstances. There's not one normal thing about this Laker season.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    2 things.....right now we have no answer for Westbrook if we face OKC, unless we think Kobe can switch to him effectively like he did before. I think Ebanks could be effective in doing the job for at least a few minutes.....probably better than anyone other than Kobe......sort of like how Phil used Lue on Iverson.

Goudelock flat out needs to play, if he doesn't I don't like our chances with the total lack of bench scoring.

Mike Brown very clearly has screwed up all season......thankfully McRoberts is now getting playing time......but why the Fk did it ever stop???? More of Brown's cluelessness.
    being condensed, this was the season to use both of those guys. They were just thrown out of rotations for no reason.

poor Ebanks went from starting to getting ZERO mins all season long. Look at chandler parsons/Kawahi Leonard....their coach stuck with them to give confidence and look where are today...

Goudelock was producing when given mins...what brown wants from him? Give him scoring punch like Terry/Harden? Even a 8yr old would think better than that

I hope the Front office gets whats going on and jump this guy in off season.

Local High School Star

Ebanks only started because Bynum was suspended, Barnes was out of shape from his knee surgery last year and Artest was fat. He's not an NBA caliber player yet for a team like the Lakers, he has a long way to go and this season offers no time to get there. He'd get time on the Nets not the Lakers. Goudelock is too streaky for a team looking for consistency

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE=B

[QUOTE=B

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

[QUOTE=B

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    I lold when I read this reply... Shanks has the potential to be a good defender but also hit the open J... Why do u think people can just completely ignore MWP...

You give confidence to young guys to play through their struggles not Bench them and ruin their confidence...
    Then you can keep laughing until next season and the season after that. Ebanks has done nothing but regressed since his days as a McDonalds High School All American. He's not an NBA player by any stretch of the imagination. He has a very long ways to go

[QUOTE=B
    Last edited by DKLaker; 04-04-2012 at 05:46 PM.

[QUOTE]=B

So you're actually saying that Steve Blake is providing steady scoring off the bench?
    Shooting a better percentage from anywhere over Goudelock?
    Handling the ball nicely? Putting up big assists? Stopping anyone on defense?
    Steady under pressure? Not a bust? Worth keeping at 4 million a year over Goudelock who is making less than a million?????

I just want to understand what your point is

Tonight against the Clippers the bench was so useless to start the 4th quarter it wasn't even funny, it almost cost us the game by not having a single scorer on the floor.....we have only 1 guy who can fill that role....Goudelock!!!!!

It's too bad Murphy is not the player he was 6 years ago.
    I agree that in a game like last nights, Since the bench shot terribly, it might not be so bad to mix in Goudelock.

Let me ask you though, if Brown read your post, and put goudelock in, and Steve Blake starts complaining about minutes, do you pin it against Brown once again? Or do you support the fact that he puts goudelock in?

Secondly, How about that offense last night DK?

I know 1 thing..

Kobe is KILLIN IT.

Shot 13-19 last night?

Lol.
    That's greeaaaaaat

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I agree that in a game like last nights, Since the bench shot terribly, it might not be so bad to mix in Goudelock.

Let me ask you though, if Brown read your post, and put goudelock in, and Steve Blake starts complaining about minutes, do you pin it against Brown once again? Or do you support the fact that he puts goudelock in?

Secondly, How about that offense last night DK?
    DUH.......Of course I would support Goudelock playing, I've been asking for this and it's so obvious that Goudelock needs to play....a total no-brainer....you have to play your best bench shooter!!!

I also commented when McRoberts was riding pine that he needed to play because of his offensive rebounding.....now he is playing and doing very well.....but what takes Brown so very long to do the obvious????

I know that Brown was intimidated by DFish, Metta, Barnes and Kobe......Blake's complaining is not going to intimidate him.....who the fk is Blake

As for the offense, do you mean the points we scored or the offense we were running, those are 2 different things.....something most people don't understand.

I am happy with the amount of points we scored. Bynum is showing the work that Darvin Ham has continued to do with him.....very very impressive work.
    The offense itself is non existent and nobody should be the least bit happy about it, luckily we were going against the equally dumb VDN who doesn't know that Bynum would rather force up some garbage shot if double or triple teamed rather than pass the ball......LMAO that he had no timeouts left with a minute to go.

A coaching note; Kobe almost got Pau killed on that last Blake dunk, if you watch the play, Kobe should've read the motion of the play and cut off the passing lane to easily steal the ball. Kobe got caught looking and moving at a moderate pace. I would be going over that on film with him. My teams kill teams that try to do that to us, we steal the ball all day. LOL....it was a sweet dunk, even Bynum was laughing.
    Last edited by DKLaker; 04-05-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

This ain't no time to cut back and watch them dollars afterall we did get rid of some of our dead weights like Fluke & Oh No Kapono,besides goudlock & ebanks will get their chances but not during a shortened season thriving for the championship.
    The playoffs its all bout the experience factor and the knowledge on how to run the team's half court execution to perfection!

A coaching note; Kobe almost got Pau killed on that last Blake dunk, if you watch the play, Kobe should've read the motion of the play and cut off the passing lane to easily steal the ball. Kobe got caught looking and moving at a moderate pace. I would be going over that on film with him. My teams kill teams that try to do that to us, we steal the ball all day. LOL....it was a sweet dunk, even Bynum was laughing.
    I didnt focus on that part, what I focused on that really irritated was the fact that every time Griffin sent one of our players to the ground, he'd pose, stare them down, and he didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist.

A few plays later, if you remember Blake's foul on Bynum, it was hard enough to send him to the floor, and he posed again with that stare down. Someone needs to send him landing on his head. I'd imagine he couldn't be any more of a retard than he already is anyways.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I didnt focus on that part, what I focused on that really irritated was the fact that every time Griffin sent one of our players to the ground, he'd pose, stare them down, and he didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist.
    I'm glad that you brought this up. Blake's dunks weren't even real dunks!!!! he used his elbow on Pau's head to elevate. That last one on Sportscenter was an offensive foul. What's crazy to me is the play was done in slow mo on national tv and nobody is talking about this. Griffin got a few lucky lobs because Stern was kind enough to give him a PG that could do so...... And I don't mean this as a bash to Griffin. I really like the kid. Just don't dunk over someone when you're smashing them in the face and expect they have a chance at blocking the shot, and then talk trash.