Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    I like this team overall. I bet playing with a back court of Reke and Flynn is fun. A lot of speed there. You also have some perimeter game with K-Love and Flynn. The bench isn't great but still solid. Haslem off the bench is nice for foul trouble possibilities. I always liked playing with Casspi too.

Whats your pick situation? How many and what rounds? What about cap space for building the team up in the future.

Great team, whats your record?
    I had to ship my 2012 first rounder to get flynn and love but that didn't bother me too much, might do if i end up playing through 2 seasons.. Used the 2nd rounders in packages elsewhere so now i've got my 1st rounder for the current season which will be high up because i've decided to get my ass kicked on HOF until i get used to it and the Celtics 1st rounder next season which could be half decent depending on how they go. I usually play on just All Star because i have a tendency to play gimmicky offence and undisciplined defence which would breed inconsistency but i figure if i make a concerted effort to play properly i could have some fun aswell

Anyway in terms of cap space i don't know the exact figure but i'm reasonably sure it'll be 20 odd million under the cap because i've shipped off most of the bad contracts that the kings had and have mostly team options on the youngsters..

0-3 currently but am starting to get used to how i'm gonna have to play to win, doesn't bother me if i lose all 29 games this season, will only guarantee a better draft pick

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    I had to ship my 2012 first rounder to get flynn and love but that didn't bother me too much, might do if i end up playing through 2 seasons.. Used the 2nd rounders in packages elsewhere so now i've got my 1st rounder for the current season which will be high up because i've decided to get my ass kicked on HOF until i get used to it and the Celtics 1st rounder next season which could be half decent depending on how they go. I usually play on just All Star because i have a tendency to play gimmicky offence and undisciplined defence which would breed inconsistency but i figure if i make a concerted effort to play properly i could have some fun aswell

Anyway in terms of cap space i don't know the exact figure but i'm reasonably sure it'll be 20 odd million under the cap because i've shipped off most of the bad contracts that the kings had and have mostly team options on the youngsters..

0-3 currently but am starting to get used to how i'm gonna have to play to win, doesn't bother me if i lose all 29 games this season, will only guarantee a better draft pick
    Sounds good. Keep on working with HOF mode because once you get the hang of it, its the most realistic game play on the game. It forces you to set guys up which will be easy for you with Reke and Flynn dishing it. Also get fluent with the shooting motions of every shooter that way you can develop a rhythm and score threes back when the CPU decides to let a silly drive result in 2 points. Thats how I play, force 2 pointers and answer with 3s. I live and die by the 3, but you have to almost on HOF mode. 12-1 suggests pretty legit shooting. Just have to get your team to that point and you'll be fine. Sounds fun

Banned

Got destroyed by the Bulls, couldn't quite handle Deng early on and my transition D could be improved.. Faced the Bucks and was looking like heading into OT before my player fouled a 3pt jumpshooter even though i wasn't moving towards him when he shot it, just pressed the block button and for some reason he got the call so lost that by 2 points but all is looking good..

Banned

Had a crazy game against Miami. Firstly, D Wade got injured after only playing 6 minutes. It was weird because he didn't even get fouled. Someone just made a jumper and then 5 seconds later he was subbed out of the game even though the ball wasn't dead (so many glitches in this game). Then I got LeBron in early foul trouble...and Ilgauskas...and Bosh I ended up shooting 38 free throws in the game. We won 118 -108. Gerald Wallace held LeBron to 12 points on 5-16 shooting. Aldridge had 29 points on 11-18 and Roy had 23 on 9-18

Learning to shoot layups

[QUOTE=Mr. I'm So Rad]Had a crazy game against Miami. Firstly, D Wade got injured after only playing 6 minutes. It was weird because he didn't even get fouled. Someone just made a jumper and then 5 seconds later he was subbed out of the game even though the ball wasn't dead (so many glitches in this game). Then I got LeBron in early foul trouble...and Ilgauskas...and Bosh I ended up shooting 38 free throws in the game. We won 118 -108. Gerald Wallace held LeBron to 12 points on 5-16 shooting. Aldridge had 29 points on 11-18 and Roy had 23 on 9-18[/QUOTE

Wallace is actually a really good matchup for Lebron. He is physical and quick enough to keep pace with him all game. I got the chance to see this matchup live when Wallace was still a Bobcat. It was a competitive game. I really wish he was still with the Cats. Wouldn't make much sense to go after him currently with the setup of my team.

I really want Toney Douglas as a solid backup PG because he can shoot. The CPU is demanding way too much. Has anyone else realized how good a 3point shooter Douglas is?

Banned

Wallace is actually a really good matchup for Lebron. He is physical and quick enough to keep pace with him all game. I got the chance to see this matchup live when Wallace was still a Bobcat. It was a competitive game. I really wish he was still with the Cats. Wouldn't make much sense to go after him currently with the setup of my team.

I really want Toney Douglas as a solid backup PG because he can shoot. The CPU is demanding way too much. Has anyone else realized how good a 3point shooter Douglas is?
    Yeah Wallace has great size, quickness and length to bother LeBron. He can focus more of his energy on defending him also because he isn't the main option on my team (He's 3rd or 4th). I love throwing alley-oops to him. It's so fun playing with a guy that's so athletic and such a good defender.

And Toney Douglas is a solid backup PG that can play the 2 also. He's a great shooter and good on ball defender. He may not want to play that role though. When I had my Knicks association I had to make Toney Douglas the 6th Man because he got mad being a Role Player

3-time NBA All-Star

Just started a Golden State Warriors association

Traded Biedrins/Filler for Tyson Chandler

Somehow swapped first-round picks with the Wizards, and won the lottery.... and drafted an offense-oriented PF to take over for David Lee and next to Chandler.

Interesting offseason move by the CPU:

Sacramento signs Carmelo Anthony AND Zach Randolph

(Tyreke/Melo/Z-Bo/DMC )

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Just started a Golden State Warriors association

Traded Biedrins/Filler for Tyson Chandler

Somehow swapped first-round picks with the Wizards, and won the lottery.... and drafted an offense-oriented PF to take over for David Lee and next to Chandler.

Interesting offseason move by the CPU:

Sacramento signs Carmelo Anthony AND Zach Randolph

(Tyreke/Melo/Z-Bo/DMC )

Wow thats definitely a step in the right direction for the Kings. They do have a lot of cap space and favorable contracts on Reke and Cousins as they are both on their rookie contracts. Its a fun team to use if you are looking to have fun building a team. Reke is one of my favorite players too.

I like the pick swap too. Chandler for Beidrens is a plus too. I have Steff Curry on my Bobcats association and love his shot. Monte Ellis' shot is good too. Hows the record?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Yeah Wallace has great size, quickness and length to bother LeBron. He can focus more of his energy on defending him also because he isn't the main option on my team (He's 3rd or 4th). I love throwing alley-oops to him. It's so fun playing with a guy that's so athletic and such a good defender.

And Toney Douglas is a solid backup PG that can play the 2 also. He's a great shooter and good on ball defender. He may not want to play that role though. When I had my Knicks association I had to make Toney Douglas the 6th Man because he got mad being a Role Player
    Haha I have never had this problem because I tend to use Toney way more then I should because I am a huge ACC fan and he was my favorite non Duke player to watch when he was at FSU. He is usually a starter for my teams

Banned

Well made a slight change to my Kings team.. well slight changes midseason.

Firstly the bench was starting to frustrate me so i made a couple more moves for some veterans. Seeing that Derek Fisher is always unhappy in LA i took advantage and packaged together some players for him to backup flynn and then signed Jerry Stackhouse to the vet's min. My bench is now D-Fish, Stackhouse, Omri Casspi, Haslem, Krstic; more shooters much more experienced.

Then i copped a small injury to Jonny Flynn so i decided to start him on the bench and start Derek at the 2 and run the point with Evans and wow he is much better. Quickness and handles etc. seem to be about the same but passing out of double teams Reke isn't as bad as Flynn, finishes a little bit better inside and defences pay more attention to him in the screen and roll. So i headed to the Trade Finder to see what i could get for him and the Celtics 1st pick, turns out the Clippers were offering Eric Gordon who's on the same contract, same age, same potential but 10 ratings higher and would allow me to play Reke at the point. So did that and managed to take their first rounder at the same time, found out why though, they're currently 5-0 and the Celtics are 1-4... Hoping that balances itself out come the end of the season.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    Well made a slight change to my Kings team.. well slight changes midseason.

Firstly the bench was starting to frustrate me so i made a couple more moves for some veterans. Seeing that Derek Fisher is always unhappy in LA i took advantage and packaged together some players for him to backup flynn and then signed Jerry Stackhouse to the vet's min. My bench is now D-Fish, Stackhouse, Omri Casspi, Haslem, Krstic; more shooters much more experienced.

Then i copped a small injury to Jonny Flynn so i decided to start him on the bench and start Derek at the 2 and run the point with Evans and wow he is much better. Quickness and handles etc. seem to be about the same but passing out of double teams Reke isn't as bad as Flynn, finishes a little bit better inside and defences pay more attention to him in the screen and roll. So i headed to the Trade Finder to see what i could get for him and the Celtics 1st pick, turns out the Clippers were offering Eric Gordon who's on the same contract, same age, same potential but 10 ratings higher and would allow me to play Reke at the point. So did that and managed to take their first rounder at the same time, found out why though, they're currently 5-0 and the Celtics are 1-4... Hoping that balances itself out come the end of the season.

I would definitely say that is an improvement. I like the strategy for going for experience off the bench. I have absolutely no experience on my team. We are a group of young shooters and defensive minded rebounders. Thats all. Experience is something I may look for though because I have Pryzbilla( A+ rebounder) but no solid back up center who can rebound that good. May look to add another A- or better rebounded who doesnt have to be a big scorer (Reggie Evans comes to mind) Should be a favorable contract and I will use my draft pick to draft a rebounder too.

Really loving working with this team. 2K11 association mode is seriously the best game mode on the game IMO.

Banned

Had a great game against Philly. G Wall finished with 31 points on 11-14 shooting and went 3-5 from beyond the arc. He even hit a crazy deep last second 3. He finished with 31/6/2/2/2 and no turnovers in about 34 minutes. La was in foul trouble the entire game but finished with 22 points. He had 10 in the first half but most of those points came in garbage time same with Roy who finished with 20. Augustin had a double-double with 12 points and 11 assists. Oden was in foul trouble the entire game as well

Thad Young was killing us he had like 30 points but we shut everyone else down. Honestly I don't even know how he had that many points I don't remember him scoring that much lol

But this game shows how balanced of a team we are. Anyone can go off for 30+ point games like G Wall did. So that makes us 10-2 in 2nd place behind the Mavericks. Roy better be an All-Star this year. He is going to get in as a reserve I think. I hope La does too. They both deserve it. One of them better make one of the All Defensive teams as well. They all play great defense

Learning to shoot layups

Had a great game against Philly. G Wall finished with 31 points on 11-14 shooting and went 3-5 from beyond the arc. He even hit a crazy deep last second 3. He finished with 31/6/2/2/2 and no turnovers in about 34 minutes. La was in foul trouble the entire game but finished with 22 points. He had 10 in the first half but most of those points came in garbage time same with Roy who finished with 20. Augustin had a double-double with 12 points and 11 assists. Oden was in foul trouble the entire game as well

Thad Young was killing us he had like 30 points but we shut everyone else down. Honestly I don't even know how he had that many points I don't remember him scoring that much lol

But this game shows how balanced of a team we are. Anyone can go off for 30+ point games like G Wall did. So that makes us 10-2 in 2nd place behind the Mavericks. Roy better be an All-Star this year. He is going to get in as a reserve I think. I hope La does too. They both deserve it. One of them better make one of the All Defensive teams as well. They all play great defense
    I am loving this franchise. This is a great idea and honestly I am hating that I had to part ways with DJ Augusitne in my association. He is my favorite real Bobcat now that Crash is gone. The fact that you combined the two again on a solid team is great. I also like Diop in the back up center role. Charlotte is stuck trying to get contributions from him and that is really not his role. How much are you getting out of him? Great to see the franchise going so well. Keep us posted

Banned

I am loving this franchise. This is a great idea and honestly I am hating that I had to part ways with DJ Augusitne in my association. He is my favorite real Bobcat now that Crash is gone. The fact that you combined the two again on a solid team is great. I also like Diop in the back up center role. Charlotte is stuck trying to get contributions from him and that is really not his role. How much are you getting out of him? Great to see the franchise going so well. Keep us posted
    Yeah they are great together and I LOVE throwing alley-oops to Wallace with Augustin.

Diop is solid in the backup center role. I don't really ask too much of him except to block shots, rebound and protect the basket. He does that pretty well. They only thing is that he struggles MIGHTILY at the line. He's lucky to hit 1 free throw out of 6. He doesn't get fouled too often but still, you hate to leave points at the line. Other than that, he's a very good backup. I don't need much offense from my bench bigs. I just need them to play defense really. The only times they score are from garbage points (putbacks, wide open looks under the basket) and free throws.

Learning to shoot layups

Yeah they are great together and I LOVE throwing alley-oops to Wallace with Augustin.

Diop is solid in the backup center role. I don't really ask too much of him except to block shots, rebound and protect the basket. He does that pretty well. They only thing is that he struggles MIGHTILY at the line. He's lucky to hit 1 free throw out of 6. He doesn't get fouled too often but still, you hate to leave points at the line. Other than that, he's a very good backup. I don't need much offense from my bench bigs. I just need them to play defense really. The only times they score are from garbage points (putbacks, wide open looks under the basket) and free throws.
    Thats cool. I love players that don't have to score to contribute. I had to part ways with Diop in a deal for Serge Ibaka I believe. Him and Tyrus Thomas got shipped out with a pick. This was a good deal, but hearing about this franchise makes me miss the true Bobcats I've let go haha. I however replaced Diop's role with Soloman Alabi, a former FSU standout who has a true upside. He is very physical and able to grab some rebounds. Scoring is tough sometimes, but Curry can get him going by cutting to the rim and dishing it off to him. The center usually gets several good looks per quarter in my offense. Curry's leading the league in assists by dropping it to the bigs and kicking it out to Korver, Boobie Gibson, and Henderson( mid-range) Got to play this game more. Hadn't played a game in days haha