Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

Marbury is owned by Sarbury just as much as Lebron is owned by Nike...

You serious?

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    You serious?
    well I don't know thier contracts but maybe owned even more than Lebron...he has to wear those crappy Starburys all year long...and I bet he isn't getting nearly one tenth of the money Lebron is from Nike...

"The shoes don't have any arch support either, and there's very little padding, so it can feel like you're running up and down the court with a couple wooden planks strapped to your feet. Due to the weak sole and complete lack of arch support, it's difficult to jump and accelerate when running out on a fast break (not to mention the "clomp, clomp, clomp" sound you'll make while running). This will be a deterrent to almost anyone who plays competitive basketball, but especially to someone like me who has flat feet. By the end of the night, both of my feet were sore and my left knee was aching. I don't know how Stephon is going to get through next season playing in these things.
    "

Banned

Default Re: Assuming Lebron said this....

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    this guy did...

Wearability: 5 Shots
    This is where the Starbury Ones fail. They just aren't comfortable. They ride high and really grip the ankle. This means that the shoes are hard to get on, rub the hell out of your ankle while you're wearing them, and then they're hard to take off. They're also rather big and clunky for basketball shoes, reminiscent of basketball shoes from the mid-90s. Fortunately (or unfortunately), the leather is thin and so the shoes are actually pretty light.

Speaking of the leather...it has all the flexibility of a cardboard box. Maybe there's a breaking-in period or something, but instead of comforming to the movement of your feet, the leather actually "caves in" while you walk. This caving-in process can produce sharp little indentations that poke your feet. This doesn't just happen while you're hooping it up, either; it also happens when you're just walking around. It's both annoying and a little painful.

The shoes don't have any arch support either, and there's very little padding, so it can feel like you're running up and down the court with a couple wooden planks strapped to your feet. Due to the weak sole and complete lack of arch support, it's difficult to jump and accelerate when running out on a fast break (not to mention the "clomp, clomp, clomp" sound you'll make while running). This will be a deterrent to almost anyone who plays competitive basketball, but especially to someone like me who has flat feet. By the end of the night, both of my feet were sore and my left knee was aching. I don't know how Stephon is going to get through next season playing in these things.

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/200...oe-review.html
    the thing i have noticed about most shoe people is they fell there HAS TO BE a difference in quality in shoes as price goes up. Because if there wasnt they would look stupid buying shoes for 200 bucks a pop. So the idea that MArbury was selling slightly worse shoes for a hundred dollars less wouldnt fly. The conflict of interest makes somebody that rates shoes on a website questionable to me.

Nowe if someone scientifically broke down the shoe that would be different. But if the Starbarys where the same quality as his beloved Jordans his whole world would crash. Im sure his mind wouldnt accept that, and for that reason his opinion is not very credible on these shoes

God

Default Re: Assuming Lebron said this....

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    yes i realize starbury advertises... lol but how many players is starbury paying to endorse thier shoes? in all the various sports? if starbury's advertising budget was 1/100th of nikes then i'd be surprised...
    More athletes = more publicity = more shoe sales.

If you're idea in here is correct, then why do Jordans cost so much, even though MJ only has about 20 players signed to the label?

And I don't think Nike shelled out the big bucks, so they could sign players like Channing Frye. Nike has a lot of athletes, but only a few have enormous contracts.

You're reasoning doesn't ad up, i'd like an answer to why Jordan's cost so much when they have about 20 athletes. Its all about the logo on the shoe, its got nothing to do with quality, and that is clear.

College superstar

Those 2K3's are great Loot, I had the black ones. But they are hardly "nothing fancy." You're talking a shoe that MSRP'd well over 100$ and features carbon fiber, zoom air sockliner, and was in commercials with Parker, Kidd, Nash, and some other Nike guys.

But anyways, do you think if someone replaced your 2K3's with some other shoes before you went out for your hoop session, whether they be Starbury's, Magic32's, or even more expensive "better" shoes like the LeBron 4's or Jordan 22's and you weren't allowed to look at your feet (made you wear some dribbling googles maybe), that you could tell?

God

well I don't know thier contracts but maybe owned even more than Lebron...he has to wear those crappy Starburys all year long...and I bet he isn't getting nearly one tenth of the money Lebron is from Nike...

"The shoes don't have any arch support either, and there's very little padding, so it can feel like you're running up and down the court with a couple wooden planks strapped to your feet. Due to the weak sole and complete lack of arch support, it's difficult to jump and accelerate when running out on a fast break (not to mention the "clomp, clomp, clomp" sound you'll make while running). This will be a deterrent to almost anyone who plays competitive basketball, but especially to someone like me who has flat feet. By the end of the night, both of my feet were sore and my left knee was aching. I don't know how Stephon is going to get through next season playing in these things.
    "
    Do you know anything about Starbury's? Marbury owns Starbury you clown, did you not make the connection, or do you not have a functioning brain. Stephon has had no knee problems this seaspn, so that leads me to think that this website you posted is full of ****. FInd me a few more articles saying the Starbury's are low quality, and then maybe i'll consider it.

I don't know how Stephon is going to get through next season playing in these things.
    "[/I]
    How? B y playing the best team basketball in year, by putting up about his regular stats since december. By playing about 80 games this year, without any ankle/foot/leg related injuries. By adding a star player and a huge athlete to his Starbury brand.

So yeah, I'll take that as some pretty nice indications his shoes are doing quite well this season.

I'd even go out on a limb and say that I'd take a top athlete performance on a certain shoe over the review of some unknown journalist from some website.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Those 2K3's are great Loot, I had the black ones. But they are hardly "nothing fancy." You're talking a shoe that MSRP'd well over 100$ and features carbon fiber, zoom air sockliner, and was in commercials with Parker, Kidd, Nash, and some other Nike guys.

But anyways, do you think if someone replaced your 2K3's with some other shoes before you went out for your hoop session, whether they be Starbury's, Magic32's, or even more expensive "better" shoes like the LeBron 4's or Jordan 22's and you weren't allowed to look at your feet (made you wear some dribbling googles maybe), that you could tell?
    hell yeah...if you think you wouldn't then you have never played basketball before

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    I agree with LeBron with what he meant. If I'm playing ball I want something sturdier and more reliable than a pair of $15 cheaply made shoes. However, his comments are way off base and incredibly rude. I think he worded it wrong, but you also have to take into account context. He was asked a question, which may or may not have been to corner LeBron into feeling bad about endorsing a more expensive product, so in turn he was defending the company he represents.
    Nike's are some of the cheapest, crappiest shoes on the planet. Just because they cost $150, that doesn't make them a "high quality product".....they are made in sweat shops. I stopped wearing Nike shoes like 10 years ago, I got tired of being taken to the cleaners buying them, just to watch them fall apart.

Nike = overpriced, overblown.....crap.

There are so SO MUCH BETTER shoes out there for half the price. I haven't worn Marbury's shoe, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they're more comfortable than LeBron's

Wow, great thing to tell kids

"Hey, don't wear these cheap Starbury crap childrens, get the $150 LeBrons too look cool."

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Not really as long as they aren't too heavy and aren't some Gilbert Arenas low top sized shoes. Only problem I have is fitting these two models around my ankle brace. (And yes I wore nike 2k3 when I tore three ankle ligaments and twisted my cuboid....freak accidents can happen anytime I guess...even with 120$ shoes it seems)

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
    Do you know anything about Starbury's? Marbury owns Starbury you clown, did you not make the connection, or do you not have a functioning brain. Stephon has had no knee problems this seaspn, so that leads me to think that this website you posted is full of ****. FInd me a few more articles saying the Starbury's are low quality, and then maybe i'll consider it.
    THEY ARE $15 FU-CKING DOLLARS...THAT IS ALL THE PROOF I NEED

if you think that Marbury somehow was able to create the ferrari of all basketball shoes for that price then you have your head shoved up your ass...

show me a good review of those shoes...how about that?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

"Basketbawful" is just some guy with a blog. Anyone can write anything on a blog. A few months ago we had a topic like this and I posted a link to a site that pointed out Starbury's shoes were designed by designers that worked for Nike and other major labels. I can't find that link, but I did find this one.
    On a recent NPR segment, a shoe designer who used to work for Fila said of the Starbury Ones: "I don't understand how they were able to do this for 15 bucks. This is a very nicely built shoe, extremely sturdy. This has good ankle support. The traction looks like it's good. It looks like it has a grippy bottom."
    So no, they didn't make the shoes out of tree bark.

Banned

THEY ARE $15 FU-CKING DOLLARS...THAT IS ALL THE PROOF I NEED

if you think that Marbury somehow was able to create the ferrari of all basketball shoes for that price then you have your head shoved up your ass...

show me a good review of those shoes...how about that?
    HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK LEBRONS SHOES COST TO MAKE???? Go to school and take a couple econ or even polical economy classes. Or just read an article.

hell yeah...if you think you wouldn't then you have never played basketball before

its the little things. the 2k3's have some hard plastic pointy things at each side of the tongue. they cause some friction close to the ankle. they also have some leather edges where the tongue ties into the nose of the shoe which can cause some friction.

the reeboks are really glove like but have just a little less support to each side. but ive never had any ankle injuries while wearing them.

its litle things, but it's all about how your feet are shaped, and personal preferences. i did play on shelltoes a few months and ruined my knees for 2 years.