Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Posted in the Denver Forum

I was looking in some of the forums and I saw that the denver forum had a trade involving philly and the denver. The trade was kyle korver for reggie evans. I think that the trade shouldn't even be mentioned kyle korver is more valuable. When you can hits 3s as if they were layups I think you deserve 2 be traded for somthing more than reggie evans.

What do you guys think?
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

i want reggie evans, but not at the expense of kyle korver, period
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Korver helps give space for Iverson and Iguodala. That's pretty valuable. This team does need what Evans brings, but hopefully they can get it from somewhere else.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

Last time I checked, the Sixers still had their MLE and Evans is getting no offers.

Unfortunately, the Sixers and Ed Snider are too cheap to try to put together a playoff caliber team.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #5
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Yeah you wont find a shot like Korver's in Reggie.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:03 AM   #6
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42
Last time I checked, the Sixers still had their MLE and Evans is getting no offers.

Unfortunately, the Sixers and Ed Snider are too cheap to try to put together a playoff caliber team.

amen dude, im hella pissed about this too. We have the full MLE and the only team reggie has interest in now is minnesota. They dont really need him. We do, he couldnt be a better fit anywhere else. Snider, Comcast, King, SOMEBODY PLEASE GET OFF UR A$$ AND GIVE THIS MAN A CONTRACT! WE WILL MAKE POSTSEASON FOR SURE IF WE ADD A GUY OF HIS ABILITIES!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:32 PM   #7
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

I'd like Reggie Evans, too. But really you're overrating him, he's not going to push this team over the top. He's a good rebounder and a decent defender, but he alone isn't going to fix the defensive issues that the rest of the team has.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:51 PM   #8
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppierce34
I'd like Reggie Evans, too. But really you're overrating him, he's not going to push this team over the top. He's a good rebounder and a decent defender, but he alone isn't going to fix the defensive issues that the rest of the team has.

Him alone won't help our defencive issues but we got other defencive players in the off season. Our main defenders are
Andre Iguodala, Samuel Dalemebert, Steven Hunter, Bobby Jones, Rodney Carney, Kevin Ollie and Allen Iverson.

We got defence at every position but the power foward spot. That's why we need to add Evans at the 4. We will be the defencive team that got us to the finals in 2001. I think our defence will suprise many teams and we will make the playoffs but idk how far we will get.
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #9
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

im saying with evans he would give us another dimension and depth at the 1 position we don't have depth at. I said playoffs not finals, dont put words in my mouth. We could make playoffs without him probly, but with him u can take away the "probly". He not only is exactly what we need, hes a good insurance to webber and shav and he can jus slot right into our backup pf spot. we would be 10 deep then, which would be a new thing for us.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:35 PM   #10
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Him alone won't help our defencive issues but we got other defencive players in the off season. Our main defenders are
Andre Iguodala, Samuel Dalemebert, Steven Hunter, Bobby Jones, Rodney Carney, Kevin Ollie and Allen Iverson.

Some problems here. Sam and Hunter suck defensively. Bobby Jones and Carney have good reputations as college defenders, but have never played an NBA game. Ollie is a limited minutes player and AI isn't a good defender either.

Quote:
We will be the defencive team that got us to the finals in 2001. I think our defence will suprise many teams and we will make the playoffs but idk how far we will get.

You're crazy if you think this team will compare to '01 team defensively. Give me a break. Do they have an anchor like Deke? 2 lockdown wings? A bench full of defensive players? Oh and don't forget a great defensive minded coach like Larry Brown?

Quote:
im saying with evans he would give us another dimension and depth at the 1 position we don't have depth at. I said playoffs not finals, dont put words in my mouth.

I never said Finals, either. I said over the top.

Quote:
He not only is exactly what we need, hes a good insurance to webber and shav and he can jus slot right into our backup pf spot. we would be 10 deep then, which would be a new thing for us.

He's a back-up PF. A solid defending good rebounding PF, but he's a bench player. He will not put this team over the top, you're overrating him. If he was that good, he'd be on a team right now. He'd fill a need, but he's not needed to make this team a playoff team. You still have a big hole at center with the morons at center. You can call it improvements on the perimeter, but a lot of unproven players seeing limited minutes, just like Evans would see, so how you can say he would put them over the top to a guaranteed playoff team, with his 15-20 minutes a game is beyond me. The team has far too many holes, defensively, offensively, and in coaching to be a guaranteed playoff team. They very well could be a 45+ win team, but they very well could be a 35 win team, with or without Reggie Evans. You're overrating him, that's the point.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: