Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 11-27-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default indiana should have kept fred jones

man, what the heck is going on with the pacers? jackson is getting unreliable, daniels can't shoot, and marshall is worse at shooting than daniels. then i reflect back on good ol' freddy jones, who helped the pacers out of many a jam with his instant offense off of the bench. there's just no spark like that now. armstrong has been a pleasant surprise lately but i'm starting to regret the daniels acquisition. i don't think what defense he has was worth it. i pretty much think daniels and marshall are the same caliber of player right now, and u can only have so many defensive guards. something needs to be addressed soon. suit up bird and let him play?

Last edited by jbot : 11-27-2006 at 07:36 AM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

hey. i warned you about daniels, didn't I. dude couldn't shoot a 3 to save his life. I'm glad to see D.A. doing good though. he's hit more 3's for you guys already than he ever hit in Dallas.

the Pacers could have a lineup that they call Dallas East. pg - D. Armstrong, SG -M.Daniels, SF- R. Marshall, PF- J. Powell (although he's gone now).

yeah, I think Pacers should've kept Fred Jones. none of the people they acquired are very good outside shooters, so teams are just sagging in the paint.

heck, i'd almost trade ya guys back Anthony Johnson. he wants to slow the tempo down way too much in Dallas. the offense just doesn't know how to play when he's running (or should I saying walking) the point.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
the Pacers could have a lineup that they call Dallas East. pg - D. Armstrong, SG -M.Daniels, SF- R. Marshall, PF- J. Powell (although he's gone now).

****ty dallas east...maybe the dallasmavs jr nba team
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:39 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

undersized SG who can dunk and shoot quite well... tons of talent in their draft class... the other Jones too (James)
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:16 AM   #5
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

i have disliked fred jones ever since the dunk contest he won. HE DID NOT DESERVE IT! i do not care wat you all say. he made one good dunk the entire contest.
if u still need a three point shooter maybe reggie should come out of retirement hahaha. but remember stephen jackson isnt that bad from the three but still needs more work. marquis daniels pisses me off, i dnt understand while hes still on the team, he averages 2 points and a bord, put jermaine on for an extra minute and he can average twice that.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:48 AM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
i have disliked fred jones ever since the dunk contest he won. HE DID NOT DESERVE IT! i do not care wat you all say. he made one good dunk the entire contest.

agreed. that was the lamest dunk contest win ever. i still like the guy though. he knew his role and he did his job. how much more "work" does jackson need? he's been playing for a while now. i almost think he played better back when was on the spurs champ team. maybe he'd play better with a gat stuffed in his shorts.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1kryder
PF- J. Powell (although he's gone now).

huh? he's still on the team...he just doesn't play.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #8
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

sorry. remember reading an article saying that Indy was waiving James White and Josh Powell. guess it turns out they waived Jon Edwards instead of Powell. my bad.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i don't understand why edwards was even in the league anyway. he had to be the lowest of the low. i don't think he could even play varsity high school ball.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:19 AM   #10
1Fan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

1Fan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
if u still need a three point shooter maybe reggie should come out of retirement hahaha. but remember stephen jackson isnt that bad from the three but still needs more work. marquis daniels pisses me off, i dnt understand while hes still on the team, he averages 2 points and a bord, put jermaine on for an extra minute and he can average twice that.

That's plain crazy, some of his dunks were the most impressive I've ever seen in the contest.
1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:54 PM   #11
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Raptor fan and Torontoian here.

One thing is for sure I'd rather have Jones than Stephen Jackson.

Can't say I have loved the way Jones has played so far. He has been taking too many outside shots when he should be driving and using his high FT% to get points at the line. But he is a good character guy and hope he can do better going forward.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: