Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Re: Why don't professional sports teams just have private showers?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I remember in high school (I heard) these two dudes on the football team got into a nude fight over a bar of soap.

I didn't play football so I did not witness this event.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard..

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Greeks used to wrestle each other naked all the time. Nowadays everyone is scared of dick s
    You think current wrestling is bad now with tights, imagine them naked. Imagine a nude pedigree from Triple H, a nude torture rack from Lex Luger, a nude outsiders edge from Scott Hall. A stinkface from Rikishi is damn near nude though.

Dunking on everybody in the park Unstoppabull's Avatar

I seriously don't believe that pro sports teams' locker rooms don't have private showers.

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppabull
    I seriously don't believe that pro sports teams' locker rooms don't have private showers.
    Unless you are at the level of a Scottish Third Division soccer team.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    On NFL Network today they were debating if the Jason Collins news would make it awkward in NFL showers, as though everyone is going to start being suspicious of everyone.

I have what I think is a simple solution to the whole shower debacle...give athletes private showers!

these are multi-million dollar sports teams...some BILLION DOLLAR TEAMS...it isn't like that is a major expense

they have private toilets right?...just give them private showers as well...isn't it time we evolve our shower rooms past the huge group jail like setting?

at my Jr. High and High School, the group shower rooms never got used anyway...they collected spider webs...and I played football!...practice took place after school and then everyone just went home to shower, no one even wanted to shower around each other.
    Lot of shit talkin in the showers, I remember in college we used to drink in the showers sometimes after big games.

There are few venues where players are forced to stand around and talk to each other. The shower is that spot.

No one is looking at anyone's junk, gay dudes aren't running around trying to f*cked 24/7, Jason Collins is a 34 year old man, he ain't some hormone ravaged teenager.

SMFH

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

You think current wrestling is bad now with tights, imagine them naked. Imagine a nude pedigree from Triple H, a nude torture rack from Lex Luger, a nude outsiders edge from Scott Hall. A stinkface from Rikishi is damn near nude though.

Banned

Nude Hurancanrana

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Lot of shit talkin in the showers, I remember in college we used to drink in the showers sometimes after big games.

There are few venues where players are forced to stand around and talk to each other. The shower is that spot.

No one is looking at anyone's junk, gay dudes aren't running around trying to f*cked 24/7, Jason Collins is a 34 year old man, he ain't some hormone ravaged teenager.

SMFH
    You don't need to preach to me that Collins isn't interested in looking (although he very well might be) preach it to all the young homophobes in the NBA

Jizzo, serious question, if you were given the option of public showers or private showers would you prefer public for all the drinking and shit talkin?

I'm trying to get a sense of how many really would rather shower as a group...

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    We never took showers back when I played football. There was showers but no one used them and we all just took one when we came home. It's a hastle bringing towels, shampoo, spare clothes every day and there would always be the same two upperclassmen assholes who would always shower and make everything uncomfortable for everyone else. I'm talking about smacking asses, playing with their dongs, etc.
    There was a dude on one of my teams that used to walk around the locker room with his dck in his hand and go from person to person asking them to check him for STDs lol

He was making people uncomfortable for laughs, and it was pretty funny...but I can imagine showering next to him he would probably take that stuff much further

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    There was a dude on one of my teams that used to walk around the locker room with his dck in his hand and go from person to person asking them to check him for STDs lol

He was making people uncomfortable for laughs, and it was pretty funny...but I can imagine showering next to him he would probably take that stuff much further
    Same exact thing. There was a big fat ass linemen who would always be naked in the team room and do jumping jacks. Then he would also put his balls in his hand and walk around..

And that's exactly why no one went in the shower room besides a selective few(4 or 5players) lol

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Same exact thing. There was a big fat ass linemen who would always be naked in the team room and do jumping jacks. Then he would also put his balls in his hand and walk around..

And that's exactly why no one went in the shower room besides a selective few(4 or 5players) lol
    I had teammates in soccer that would do the helicopter right in front of the coaches.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

In America do students shower together after a sports lesson ?

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Never understood the whole shower together thing myself. Changing room is fine - but a shower is a private thing.

rank sentamentalist

agreed thats a super easy solution to a somewhat complex problem. one should always take advantage of those. especially since these sports organizations are worth billions of dollars and installing a new shower system..... would not cost very much

i always thought the 'problem' was less in reference to voluntary voyeurism and more in reference to involuntary arousal lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    In America do students shower together after a sports lesson ?
    Yes, atleast at my high school there was just coed showers, but they were open faced. A big room with a bunch of showers along the wall.