Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #16
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Default Re: 2/3 ain't bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
what's up GoRapz?
that was go rapz? I thought he quit on the trolling?
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #17
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Alright, point taken GO NETS!! Teriffic season, and i'm hoping for more of the same great results next year. GO BIG 3!!!

also of note: i haven't watched one basketball game in my life. i'm talking purely out of my ass..
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #18
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
Alright, point taken GO NETS!! Teriffic season, and i'm hoping for more of the same great results next year. GO BIG 3!!!

also of note: i haven't watched one basketball game in my life. i'm talking purely out of my ass..

how bout that Smallville finale?

what do you think of the Bizzaro arc?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #19
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
how bout that Smallville finale?

what do you think of the Bizzaro arc?
lol, you pick the most random threads to ask about that VC.. but anyways, yeah I thought it was pretty good. I liked it, but somehow it didn't seem like there was quite the same drama as there has been in past years. We've seen Lana profess her love for Clark in the previous finale's, we've seen a Clark double before, etc.. and we know that Lana and Lois can't really die. But, I won't say that it was a bad finale, it could've been better though.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #20
gigantes
   

Quote:

lol, you completely missed the point but whatever.

if you want to be captain sarcasm who puts words in other peoples mouths then GO HA TER! :D

edit: wow, there sure are a lot of innocent words banned at this site. >_<
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #21
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
lol, you completely missed the point but whatever.

if you want to be captain sarcasm who puts words in other peoples mouths then GO *****!
when I said that they've had virtually the same team, I meant that they've had their core, VC, RJ, Krstic, Kidd, for 2 and a half seasons. It doesn't really matter who's on the bench, because as long as they keep the big 4, the less flexibility that they have to change the surrounding bench. And so far, 2 and a half seasons in, they have nothing more than a first round sweep and two second round eliminations to show for it. So that is why this season is considered a failure regardless of the circumstances. This team was expected to improve on the results of last year, and with the heat out of the playoffs in the 1st round, this was their best shot at making at least the conference finals and they failed to capitalize. I guarantee you that J-Kidd isn't sitting at home right now, satisfied that they made the 2nd round.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:09 AM   #22
gigantes
   

yes, i can guarantee you the same thing, which is no doubt part of why kidd is such a great competitor and blue-collar superstar.

anyway, yea... thanks for the straightforward reply this time. i guess the best thing is to agree to disagree since i highly dispute the points you just made.

one 'little' thing i would like to point out is that since kidd has gotten here, the nets have been knocked out by the eventual champion every year but one IIRC. if that doesn't temper one's expectations then i don't know what does.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:23 AM   #23
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
yes, i can guarantee you the same thing, which is no doubt part of why kidd is such a great competitor and blue-collar superstar.

anyway, yea... thanks for the straightforward reply this time. i guess the best thing is to agree to disagree since i highly dispute the points you just made.

one 'little' thing i would like to point out is that since kidd has gotten here, the nets have been knocked out by the eventual champion every year but one IIRC. if that doesn't temper one's expectations then i don't know what does.

When I stated my opinion, you then responded with sarcasm asking me if I was even an NBA fan. So then in turn i gave you the same respect in my response...

as for the "little" thing you'd like to point out... as I said, you are trying to give yourself 'moral victories.' Regardless of who they lost to, they have not made it further than the 2nd round since acquiring Vince Carter and that is the issue that I am getting at. And not only did they lose to Miami, but they took a total of 1 game from them in 2 straight playoffs series. but i guess that was a success either way.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #24
gigantes
   

Quote:
When I stated my opinion, you then responded with sarcasm asking me if I was even an NBA fan. So then in turn i gave you the same respect in my response...
you conveniently forget that my sarcastic response was in reply to your condescending response before it.

if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen, as the saying goes...
Quote:
as for the "little" thing you'd like to point out... as I said, you are trying to give yourself 'moral victories.' Regardless of who they lost to, they have not made it further than the 2nd round since acquiring Vince Carter and that is the issue that I am getting at. And not only did they lose to Miami, but they took a total of 1 game from them in 2 straight playoffs series. but i guess that was a success either way.
and how do you know i am trying to give myself 'moral victories'?

did you ask me any further about this matter?

you have your own agenda, which seems to be that vince has brought nothing good to the nets, and if that's your opinion then congratulations for having one. but don't try to pass off your opinion as fact, because i have a reasonably good crap detector thank you very much.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #25
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
you conveniently forget that my sarcastic response was in reply to your condescending response before it.

if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen, as the saying goes...

and how do you know i am trying to give myself 'moral victories'?

did you ask me any further about this matter?

you have your own agenda, which seems to be that vince has brought nothing good to the nets, and if that's your opinion then congratulations for having one. but don't try to pass off your opinion as fact, because i have a reasonably good crap detector thank you very much.
No, my opinion is not that Vince has brought nothing good to the nets. He in fact, saved the Nets and is a major reason why Kidd is still in NJ... but they've reached the point where getting to the 2nd round is no longer considered a success. It could be said last season that it was, but this season it's definitely not. So as you said, agree to disagree.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 AM   #26
gigantes
   

okay then, i misunderstood.

i do agree about the 2nd year failure thing, since time is not jason kidd's friend at this point.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: