Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: World Peace and Matt Barnes stepping up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
I totally disagree with those of you defending Ron-Ron. The left elbow wasn't a part of his celebration dance. He only swung it when he felt Harden body up on him. It wasn't like Harden ran into him mid-motion: Artest wound up his swing after he had Harden on his shoulder. It's totally inexcusable, and no one should be blaming Harden for "letting" himself get concussed. We're better than that.

Yeah, Ron is a big strong dude, which makes it all the more important that he not elbow another human being in the friggin skull. To illustrate, Bynum's hit on JJB was so egregious because he was so much stronger and bigger than the dude he hit.

We're not in the '80's or '70's, '60's, '50's anymore. Kevin McHale would be kicked out of the game, fined and suspended for what he did to Rambis in '84. Al Horford was suspended in '07 for a clearly accidental hit, and he actually made a legitimate play on the ball.

Throw in Artest's history (which shouldn't be a consideration, but we all know it will be) and I'd be stunned if it were less than four games.

I can certainly understand how some of you could think it was intentional......clearly this is debatable.
Watching it again a few times this morning I see Metta in the process of pounding his chest with his right hand and then with his left hand before he hits Harden. He wasn't loading up the elbow, if you watch you see he actually hit his own chest before hitting Harden. The key for me is that Metta is left handed, It appears to me that he was finishing his celebration with a chest pound to a fist pump, the bump by Harden and his own awkwardness caused him to go high. He was not looking at Harden, not before, not after and on the elbow he did not lean back into him to throw it like someone would do if there was intent. Metta didn't know what had happened, you could see that.
He immediately explained to the ref that he was just celebrating......this was not a Wade who acted like it was justified. Not blaming Harden but what was that fool doing anyway? He hugged up against Metta instead of going to the ball. This is my opinion and I can absolutely understand how others can see this differently.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I can certainly understand how some of you could think it was intentional......clearly this is debatable.
Watching it again a few times this morning I see Metta in the process of pounding his chest with his right hand and then with his left hand before he hits Harden. He wasn't loading up the elbow, if you watch you see he actually hit his own chest before hitting Harden. The key for me is that Metta is left handed, It appears to me that he was finishing his celebration with a chest pound to a fist pump, the bump by Harden and his own awkwardness caused him to go high. He was not looking at Harden, not before, not after and on the elbow he did not lean back into him to throw it like someone would do if there was intent. Metta didn't know what had happened, you could see that.
He immediately explained to the ref that he was just celebrating......this was not a Wade who acted like it was justified. Not blaming Harden but what was that fool doing anyway? He hugged up against Metta instead of going to the ball. This is my opinion and I can absolutely understand how others can see this differently.

Metta. Is that you?

Lol
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)

Metta. Is that you?

Lol

LMAO
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Looking back to how others were suspended, I am going to predict that Ron ron might be suspended the rest of the season, as well as maybe even some games for next year, if he is still with the lakers that is. That's right, he may have played his last game as a laker, in which case, he'd be gone on a terrible note.

The palace brawl which took place around 8 years ago is proof of how he might be suspended. Ben Wallace ignited a bit of anger when he shoved Ron. Afterwards, Ben Wallace was suspended for 6 games. Keep in mind that Wallace's push on ron wasn't a threat to Ron's health. Ron could have killed Harden if his elbow hit the temple of Harden's head. Factor in the fact that ron squared off with Ibaka afterwards, and then his history of fighting in the league.

Ron ron could be out for a very long time. So long that we might not see him again.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #20
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He got 7 games. So 6 playoff games and 1 reg season.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
He got 7 games. So 6 playoff games and 1 reg season.

Yeah, I predict that if we have the mavs we finish them off in 4 or 5. If thats the case he will for sure get a piece of the second round. Hopefully that'll be a series we are competitive in.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: