Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Pretty much what I expected is what you guys all seem to be saying. Very good superhero movie, worth watching and entertaining but not quite Avengers and Batman movies level. I expected it to be in my top 5 but not top 3 and seems like a few of you would have it in top 5? I can't wait to see it.

I wonder if the reason I liked it so much is because I went in thinking it wouldn't be that good. I had low expectations. I think this movie would have sucked if it had major hype. For instance I don't think The Dark Knight Rises can be better than The Dark Knight. It just can't. Heath Leger as the Joker (and dead at the time of the release)>>>>Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Maybe ppl say 1st class was good because it was a lot better than the bullshit put out before hand and it exceeded people's expectations.
    This pretty much. This is the same reason Avengers got overrated and labeled GOAT MOBEE EVA.

Banned

Saw it tonight it was good the movie with tobey still kicks this movies ass

Stan Lee's cameo was the best in all his appearance.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

7/10

Did not like the new guy as Peter Parker, but did like him as Spider-man. As Peter Parker, the only thing that made him seem nerdy was the way people treated him, but he never actually came across as nerdy. As Spider-man though, he had a good Spidey-voice and made good use of being a smart ass. Movie had several flaws throughout, but overall, the story was solid and came together nicely. Best storyline of the 4 Spider-Man movies to date.

Not at all on the same tier as TDK or Avengers though.

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

I would rank it the same as Avengers....don't know why you guys rate that show tiers above this.

And I think he's nerdy as spidey enough...they don't want to play him as a nerd being bullied and always losing out to flash too much as that has been done to death in the previous movies. Also you don't have to be ugly and unfunny to be a nerd, as long as you focus on books and other "boring" uncool stuff you can be branded as a nerd. Trust be I'm pretty and I get branded as a nerd by some

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
    Trust be I'm pretty and I get branded as a nerd by some
    You a chick? -.-

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
    I would rank it the same as Avengers....don't know why you guys rate that show tiers above this.

And I think he's nerdy as spidey enough...they don't want to play him as a nerd being bullied and always losing out to flash too much as that has been done to death in the previous movies. Also you don't have to be ugly and unfunny to be a nerd, as long as you focus on books and other "boring" uncool stuff you can be branded as a nerd. Trust be I'm pretty and I get branded as a nerd by some
    Figures a girl would say that. No offense but many reviews are comparing it to Twilight in the sense that it caters to females... with close ups on his abs and butt etc. I read that this movie is darker but also much more feminine than the others. Can anybody who's seen it confirm any of this? A reviewer called it a Twilight superhero movie.

Real Men watch CBM

Finally saw it on ETX 3D (AMC's version of IMAX).

I was pleasantly surprised!

Felt like "500 Days of Spider-Man" (same director) but I enjoyed this more than I did Raimi's 1st Spider-Man too. Almost had a Batman Begins element to it, but wished it was a bit longer to flesh it out more.

The 3D in ETX (IMAX) was amazing! This movie was shot using James Cameron's Avatar 3D production and it shows. The indoor scenes were eh, but the outdoor scenes and all the action was pure eye candy! There were a lot of scenes in 1st person perspective that had everything coming at you! The last 20 minutes including the last minute of the film was 3D heaven! Favorite was when he slingshot himself inside a crane and you felt like you were in a ride falling in open space, then he jumps right at you in slow motion zipping a web line in your face!

Much darker but very enjoyable. This Spider-Man was closer to the actual comicbooks than Raimi's ever was.

My friend really enjoyed the movie that we stopped by Hot Topic to pick up some Spidey shirts which they had on sale Buy 1 Get 1.

All in all, I give this a 7.5 (close to 8) overall and on par with the 1st Spider-Man, and also recommend it in ETX (IMAX) 3D.
    Last edited by Jordan-esque; 07-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Figures a girl would say that. No offense but many reviews are comparing it to Twilight in the sense that it caters to females... with close ups on his abs and butt etc. I read that this movie is darker but also much more feminine than the others. Can anybody who's seen it confirm any of this? A reviewer called it a Twilight superhero movie.
    Yeah, I can see that comparison with this movie more so than the other superhero movies, although it is nowhere close to as girly as Twilight. There was 1 butt shot where I did go "WTF was that close up of his butt for?" In this movie, he seemed like a high schooler who is normal, and picked on for no real good reason, while in my mind Peter Parker was picked on because of being awkward. Also, he looks 25, and male high schoolers who mature early typically are not picked on, which is another reason him being picked on seemed out of place. I simply did not believe him as Peter Parker. However, as I said before, I did think he made a good Spider-man.

Also, this movie at several points in the high school scenes reminded me too much of Teen Wolf. He was also terrible at hiding his talents, so I don't know how the school didn't pick up on the fact that he is Spider-man.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Also, this movie at several points in the high school scenes reminded me too much of Teen Wolf. He was also terrible at hiding his talents, so I don't know how the school didn't pick up on the fact that he is Spider-man.
    tell me about it...

***SPOILERS***
    in addition to the typical Peter bullies the bully scene, there's the basketball scene, the football scene, the scene where no one seems to notice that Parker is about to take on the Lizard
    ***SPOILERS***

meh, the more I think about it, the lower I want to rate this movie.

Magic Johnson

Do they have the "With great power, comes great responsibility" line? That always makes me laugh hysterically.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    I liked it, I wanted to not like it as much as I like the TM spiderman's but I think I like it more. It was fun but not without some flaws. The football denting the goal post, nobody is gonna question that???

I'm wondering if the scene after the credits was Norman Osborn.. pretty sure it was but I've heard internet rumors it could be other villains.
    Yeah, the football post thing bothered me for 2 reasons. 1st, as you said, nobody is going to question that? 2nd, that football was not traveling fast enough to bend it like that anyway. It looked like an accurate, slightly faster throw than a normal person could throw, yet it bent like Superman through the football.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Do they have the "With great power, comes great responsibility" line? That always makes me laugh hysterically.
    They say it in different words. But it is done way better. In Raimi's, it sounds like something Uncle Ben just pulls out of his ass to set the theme of the movie. In this movie, there are multiple things that come together that actually make the words more profound and meaningful to Parker's life.