Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: If Donald Sterling says racist stuff about Asian people, would he receive any penalty

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    F*ck off loser. I hate this sh*t. Y'know some idiot comes in and claims someone doesn't know something but fails to explain or offer a rebuttal as to why that person doesn't know it.
    But then.........

As someone who knows the ins and outs of the genome project, Soundwave is perfectly versed in genetics; Numbersix on the other hand.
    So this is the "correct" way of doing things, huh?

"Soundwave has the same opinion that I do, therefore Soundwave is right. NumberSix's opinion is different than mine, therefore NumberSix doesn't know what he's talking about. No explanations needed".

Logic is obviously your strong suit.

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Re: If Donald Sterling says racist stuff about Asian people, would he receive any penalty

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Sadly, Asians probably wouldn't get the same treatment that Blacks get if they were insulted by Sterling. The NBA isn't predominantly Asian, so there's less incentive to investigate compared to the original comments that he made. It would probably amount to a league-wide news story that would disappear in a few weeks, compared to a national news story that will stick around for a few months. Obviously if it was in China or a league that was predominantly more Asian, then there would be a similar uproar. Personally I think it's bs in the US because my ethnicity is Chinese/Viet, but life goes on. Black history just has a more predominant role in US society, history, and politics compared to every other minority group than probably the Native Americans; not much I can argue about that.
    aka Double Standard

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    The answer is no.

At most he'd get a fine like NBA players do for using homophobic slurs during the game.

I know most of the league is black, but there is a major double standard when you think about if he had said the same thing about Asians/Latinos etc..
    This is the honest truth.

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Truth