Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 07-24-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default what are you willing to give up to get Iverson?

would you give up the following...?
Wally
Telfair
Al Jeff
Gomes
Scalabrine
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We'd need to keep Al or Ryan. After that, I'd agree to the deal.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

gotta have all those Boston players in the deal to make the math work. perhaps you could swap out Gomes or AlJeff for, say Green.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:23 PM   #4
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Snoopy has an OK reputation so far

do you think we will be a better team if we give up gomes, jefferson, telfair and wally for AI? i dont think we need one player that badly that we'd give up a core of our best players just for Iverson, its not worth it. Telfair needs a chance to show he can be a starting point guard, it would be silly to trade gomes and jefferson before they become the players they can be in the league, i dislike wally (and hope the boozer trade happens) but the celtics would be a lesser team if they gave up those players for AI. Fact.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:37 PM   #5
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far
Default Ainge would be crazy

I think Danny Ainge would be out of his mind if he gave up that much for Allen Iverson. I would rather wait and let them develop as players rather than get someone who has a better chance at slowing down than getting better. Ainge has to keep most of the young guys.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

It's allright if we keep Al Jefferson.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:11 PM   #7
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Sorry, but would Philly really want Scal? Seems giving him to ANY team would automatically make them worse, am I wrong here?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boceltballa
I think Danny Ainge would be out of his mind if he gave up that much for Allen Iverson. I would rather wait and let them develop as players rather than get someone who has a better chance at slowing down than getting better. Ainge has to keep most of the young guys.

Well, the Celts could wait a couple years for Gomes, Telfair, AlJeff to develop...but by then Pierce is done. Either surround Pierce with talent to win today, or trade him. Celts have the trade pieces to bring in super talent and win now.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:28 PM   #9
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
do you think we will be a better team if we give up gomes, jefferson, telfair and wally for AI? i dont think we need one player that badly that we'd give up a core of our best players just for Iverson, its not worth it. Telfair needs a chance to show he can be a starting point guard, it would be silly to trade gomes and jefferson before they become the players they can be in the league, i dislike wally (and hope the boozer trade happens) but the celtics would be a lesser team if they gave up those players for AI. Fact.

Celts would still have great young talent in Green, Perkins, Rondo, Delonte.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:53 AM   #10
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Snoopy has an OK reputation so far

yeh sure we'll win now, about as much as the wizards, magic, pacers and nets will win, and then what? we talk about how great it was to see A.I and pierce on the same team for a couple of seasons, a couple of 45-50 win seasons and some secound round playoff exits, i'd prefer for us to have our young team ready down the road when miami fall off, detroit falls off and the east is open for the taking, in terms of there not being one or two superior teams that we couldn't knock off in order to make the nba finals
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:33 AM   #11
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I'd give Wally, Scal and any 2 young players not named Perkins, Jefferson or Green. Aside from that, we've got a deal.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:56 AM   #12
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
It's allright if we keep Al Jefferson.

Gomes is having a better career currently and will have a better career than the injury prowned Al Jefferson. if anything u let them all go besides ryan gomes, teli is not AI, nor will he ever be , wally sczerbiak is overated to the max, and its not like u cant find another big man , or just play theo to replace AJ.

AI comes to boston to play with Paul Pierce, as long as hes there its a playoff bound team
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:52 AM   #13
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Gomes is having a better career currently and will have a better career than the injury prowned Al Jefferson.
I doubt that. Gomes is ahead of the curve now but I feel that Al's ceiling is higher.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:48 AM   #14
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
yeh sure we'll win now, about as much as the wizards, magic, pacers and nets will win, and then what? we talk about how great it was to see A.I and pierce on the same team for a couple of seasons, a couple of 45-50 win seasons and some secound round playoff exits, i'd prefer for us to have our young team ready down the road when miami fall off, detroit falls off and the east is open for the taking, in terms of there not being one or two superior teams that we couldn't knock off in order to make the nba finals

By that logic, the Celts should just trade Pierce for quality young talent.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: