Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #16
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: COD: world at war

i like this game but im a big shooter game guy (especially shootin germans) i thought it was short even shorter than cod4.other than that it is badas$, and the zombie mode is
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:20 PM   #17
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irk Woodsman
It's the same. The controls are the same, the graphics are the same. It all looks the same as COD4 even down to the Fonts and the Killcam and the +5, everything. It's just like Infinity Ward made it (it's just set in WW2).

They did a lot of things I haven't been liking in multiplayer though. The tanks are way too strong and tend to dominate the match. Many of the levels are too big. The bolt action rifles are terrible, with the exception of the ptrs-41, which basically makes the other snipers obsolete. Same goes for stg-44 making all other rifles useless. Still plenty of glitches on maps too. And I've heard about the better graphics, but I don't see it. This game seems to pay less attention to detail than cod4. Overall still pretty fun, just not as fun or well balanced as cod4.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:40 AM   #18
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kind of old news, but Activision has confirmed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Its good to hear, as I do prefer modern combat.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/935/935500p1.html
Old 01-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #19
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

i was a big skeptic at first. I thought CoD4 was the best game I'd ever played.

not saying the WaW is better, because it's not. but it isn't that bad. it just takes quite a bit longer to get into it. now that I'm almost done with my first prestige, I'm really liking it. you get used to the guns.

however there are things that kinda suck.

tanks. they control the match as was stated. you can take them out with satchel charges and the sticky grenades, but 90 percent of the time, you'll die while trying. and so you end up just worrying about the tanks the whole entire match, instead of actually trying to capture flags or Headquarters, or whatever you're playing.

dogs. as was said, these dogs are super beasts. I have killed 4 of them right in front of me and then the 5th one nails me. I have had them jump through a window while I'm shooting directly at them, and have them kill me. I could handle the helicopter in 4, but this is just ridiculous.

and the map Seelow is horrible. spawn, actually complete the "marathon" achievement getting to the Headquarters on the other side of the map, only to get killed and get to run the 492 miles all the way back again. this map is just WAY too big.

and finally. the way the game plays............rifles and sniper rifles are just worthless. I've seen people using them, but nowhere near the amount as in CoD4. you almost have to use a machine gun or sub machine gun to counter-act all the people who use machine guns or submachine guns. what I'm trying to say, is WaW is littered with "spray and pray" people.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:09 AM   #20
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1kryder
i was a big skeptic at first. I thought CoD4 was the best game I'd ever played.

not saying the WaW is better, because it's not. but it isn't that bad. it just takes quite a bit longer to get into it. now that I'm almost done with my first prestige, I'm really liking it. you get used to the guns.

however there are things that kinda suck.

tanks. they control the match as was stated. you can take them out with satchel charges and the sticky grenades, but 90 percent of the time, you'll die while trying. and so you end up just worrying about the tanks the whole entire match, instead of actually trying to capture flags or Headquarters, or whatever you're playing.

dogs. as was said, these dogs are super beasts. I have killed 4 of them right in front of me and then the 5th one nails me. I have had them jump through a window while I'm shooting directly at them, and have them kill me. I could handle the helicopter in 4, but this is just ridiculous.

and the map Seelow is horrible. spawn, actually complete the "marathon" achievement getting to the Headquarters on the other side of the map, only to get killed and get to run the 492 miles all the way back again. this map is just WAY too big.

and finally. the way the game plays............rifles and sniper rifles are just worthless. I've seen people using them, but nowhere near the amount as in CoD4. you almost have to use a machine gun or sub machine gun to counter-act all the people who use machine guns or submachine guns. what I'm trying to say, is WaW is littered with "spray and pray" people.

Basically sums up my thoughts on WaW. I do think they got grenades right though, can't stand all the random grenade kills in cod4. Haven't played WaW lately, but I could see myself going back to it from time to time.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:58 AM   #21
TakitoEspanoza
National High School Star

TakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat cool

this game is terrible... hurry up modern warfare 2
TakitoEspanoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:09 AM   #22
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i played cod5 a bit but didn't like it from what i played. a buddy of mine says it might take some time to enjoy it, he got as far as u can on cod4. the dogs are pretty vicious though.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #23
Wozza_wade
I hit open 5-footers

Wozza_wade has an OK reputation so far

anyone who has a xbox my gamertag is warrickj fancies a game of COD
Wozza_wade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: