Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sam Jackson and Marvel Link Up for 9 Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
superman is just a garbage hero, like hulk, I don't get why they keep making garbage movies about garbage characters that the movie watching public obviously doesn't care about? Thor? I don't know anything about comics, but um, wtf isn't thor a nordic god? God power heros are lame to watch, the coolest part of super hero movies-ok basically the only good super hero movies I remember are ironman and batman, are how normal guys outsmart and out tech against seemingly overwhelming odds and unwinnable situations, heros like Superman and hulk who just kick ass and kickass and always win and are unbeatable, that's just not fun to watch.
You got no idea about the comics but consider the characters garbage?
That's like saying <any random book> sucks, I've never read it, but the movie isn't good.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #17
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Gunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected poster

Dang it kinda sucks when you know there are going to be seqels,now I know I got time to watch the first ones... fcuk the media man
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

HisAirness has decent reputationHisAirness has decent reputation

Quote:
superman is just a garbage hero, like hulk, I don't get why they keep making garbage movies about garbage characters that the movie watching public obviously doesn't care about? Thor? I don't know anything about comics, but um, wtf isn't thor a nordic god? God power heros are lame to watch, the coolest part of super hero movies-ok basically the only good super hero movies I remember are ironman and batman, are how normal guys outsmart and out tech against seemingly overwhelming odds and unwinnable situations, heros like Superman and hulk who just kick ass and kickass and always win and are unbeatable, that's just not fun to watch.

Did you even see either of those movies?
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #19
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

the whole superman movie thing is washed up.... I still give the comic its props.. I would even watch the cartoon... but the movies have to cease.....

I seriously sat around and thought about the absurdity of a guy protecting people just for the sake of doing it.... its illogical..... I cant help having that thought cross my mind now whenever I see the guy....

he still throws a mean ass super punch tho and can fly like the wind...

I even like the name Kal-El.... might name a kid of mine that name..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
You got no idea about the comics but consider the characters garbage?
That's like saying <any random book> sucks, I've never read it, but the movie isn't good.
I've seen the movies, and thusly seen the characters, and also thusly seen that these characters don't sell to the public, both hulk movies and the new superman movie were financial flops.\

And airness yes I saw the new superman movie and both hulk movies, I think of those 3 Ang Lee's was the best, with it's experimental use of the comic brook frame for cut scenes, like the Warriors, that was brilliant but it was a little boring, the new Hulk I liked a little, but still just a big green monster who kills everything, to me that is lame and boring.

The new superman movie was cheeseball, plus superman got his ass handed to him by a bunch of thugs when he was on the island made of kryptonite, and then superman has a kid all of a sudden? Wtf it is all just so corny and lame, I don't care about that ish, like I said to me the best part of super hero movies isn't the goofy costumes or how powerful they are, it's how they outsmart against seemingly impossible odds like Batman and also the comedy like Ironman

Last edited by lilmarcgasol : 02-26-2009 at 12:14 PM.
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #21
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I even like the name Kal-El.... might name a kid of mine that name..
I think Nicolas Cage already beat you to the punch.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #22
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I've seen the movies, and thusly seen the characters, and also thusly seen that these characters don't sell to the public, both hulk movies and the new superman movie were financial flops.\

And airness yes I saw the new superman movie and both hulk movies, I think of those 3 Ang Lee's was the best, with it's experimental use of the comic brook frame for cut scenes, like the Warriors, that was brilliant but it was a little boring, the new Hulk I liked a little, but still just a big green monster who kills everything, to me that is lame and boring.

The new superman movie was cheeseball, plus superman got his ass handed to him by a bunch of thugs when he was on the island made of kryptonite, and then superman has a kid all of a sudden? Wtf it is all just so corny and lame, I don't care about that ish, like I said to me the best part of super hero movies isn't the goofy costumes or how powerful they are, it's how they outsmart against seemingly impossible odds like Batman and also the comedy like Ironman

the new Superman was bad but to say people didnt even want a new one is false. It was one of the most anticipated movies that summer by far. It was just written so damn poorly and Kate Bosworth as Lois was some big time dumb ass casting.

Also, it would have been nearly impossible for it to have been a financial success b/c production on it had been starting, stopping and restarting since the early 90s causing its budget to be insane ($270 million not counting marketing). It would have had to do The Dark Night business to have been a major financial success. Instead, b/c of the massive cost, Brian Singer being a slave to the original movie and bringing nothing worthwhile to the table, retarded plot points like making him a bastard father and a creepy stalker on top of years of bungling a movie that made $391 million worldwide was a bust.

They need to have him actually fight somebody instead of going up against Luthor for the billionth time. LL should be a guy working things int he background, not the only villain.

Last edited by kentatm : 02-26-2009 at 09:29 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #23
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

HisAirness has decent reputationHisAirness has decent reputation

Quote:

I actually liked the first Hulk, too, but I liked the new one way better.

And my only point was that I think they tried to avoid having them just wipe the floor with their villains, which I think they succeeded at doing.
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: