Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default All those who voted for or supported Bush...

Please explain why you did so first and then write an apology for doing so.

Thank you....

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

"Because he's white like me!"

"Because he's a good christian boy whos going to heaven"

"Because his daddy was an excellent president"

"Because he promised not to increase taxes"

"Because he would NEVER cheat on his wife!"

"Because he's opposed to gay marriage"

Not once will you ever hear someone say "Because he's a good president & leader and cares about our people" with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    "Because he's white like me!"

"Because he's a good christian boy whos going to heaven"

"Because his daddy was an excellent president"

"Because he promised not to increase taxes"

"Because he would NEVER cheat on his wife!"

"Because he's opposed to gay marriage"

Not once will you ever hear someone say "Because he's a good president & leader and cares about our people" with a straight face.
    They said the country voted for Bush because he seemed to be just an odinary man most people can relate to.

I think it really just shows how stupid and uneducated people who live in the bible belt are.

NBA Superstar

the future of the American neo/con group think agenda:

First they put away the dealers,

keep our kids safe and off the street.

Then they put away the prostitutes,

keep married men cloistered at home.

Then they shooed away the bums,

then they beat and bashed the queers,

turned away asylum-seekers,

fed us suspicions and fears.

We didn

People voted for Bush because he, was um, you know, "authentic" and "decisive" or something.

People voted for Bush because John Kerry was an idiot, in 2000 he actually lost the election against Gore.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

I've been saying it since I was 7 years old. The ugly, redneck, hillbilly white people of the south are gonna be the death of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    I've been saying it since I was 7 years old. The ugly, redneck, hillbilly white people of the south are gonna be the death of the world.
    ??? Learn what you talk about before you blurt retarded stuff like that out.

First, the South isn't full of redneck hillbilly white people. Hell, most of the white people that live in the south now are at least middle class families. The Mexicans are the hillbilly trash that's taking over.

Second, the Republican party is more catered to the middle to upper class. That's why the Democrats call themselves the party for the common person.

Now, as for Bush, probably the only reason he got elected twice was because he was the lesser of two evils.

Look at Al Gore. Would you really want somebody running your nation who's more concerned with involving the entire world with his unproven global warming theory? If he had been in office instead of Bush he undoubtedly would have formed a UN-like panel for global warming and it would flop like the League of Nations did.

Now, John Kerry. I think it's obvious that the guy didn't deserve to really be president. He was just a moron.

Now, if Bush was running against Hillary Clinton or John Edwards, then Bush would be trampeled.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I think Kerry >> Bush. He really didnt seem like an idiot.
    First, the South isn't full of redneck hillbilly white people. Hell, most of the white people that live in the south now are at least middle class families. The Mexicans are the hillbilly trash that's taking over.
    Yes that is true to some extent but there are lots of dumbass hick farmers that pick corn. Awesome.

There is either a 33% drop-out rate or only 33% of teenagers graduate. I am not sure which one but either is pretty bad. IMO the only way to stop the outsourcing and keep the competitiveness is to educate the poor mexicans/illegals.

I am tired of Bush's BS. He has to do something about education in this country. I know he might not have a whole lot of power but something has to be done. China and India are going to surpass us and own us. OBviously only the "fortunate people" are getting educated in india but there is enough of that there are more college graduates in india then there are people in USA.

There needs to be some special programs and have mandatory education or whatever or USA is screwed because the drop out rate isnt getting any better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    People voted for Bush because he, was um, you know, "authentic" and "decisive" or something.

this is true and its why America is full of very stupid people.

Bush's campaigns capitalized on simple catch phrases to get into the mass's heads that Kerry was a flip flopper and indecisive. While Bush platformed he was decisive and in it to win it to the end. It was almost something that would happen in a schoolyard argument, where someone says something then the other guy twists what he says into something simple for them to understand negatively depicting him for saying that.

Many people couldnt understand the idea that its ok to change your mind as situations change. Thats why Kerry was called a flipflopper because like a rationale person he changed his mind based on new evidence or how pointless/ineffective things were after the fact. Its what happened in Vietnam where Kerry testified against the war after serving in it. Its what happened with Iraq where most politicians were initially for going to war, but based on what they didnt find in Iraq and questioning the real reasons Bush went to war changed their minds. Bush turned all that into them being flipfloppers, indecisive, while he was the decisive one that would stay the course to the end.

and up to this point i'll give Bush credit for sticking to what he platformed on. The American people got what they voted for - a stubbornly ignorant President that has stayed the course and needlessly wasted billions of dollars and troops lives beyond the point of reasonability, and way after most of the American people had changed theirs about the Iraq war. You have to understand that Bush is JUST NOW giving in to their initial plan not working. This is also after alot of propaganda being fed to us of how great things were going iin Iraq by the Bush administration and thats all they wanted reported to us, while news agencies like CNN were being called "liberal" news agencies implying they were twisting the truth when they were reporting the truth that things werent going well.

I said this earlier but if any of you ever watched the interview Wolf Blitzer had with Cheney's wife, it showed the white house mentality of propaganda for the war. To summarize she would say to Wolf how come you(CNN) doesnt report about all the good things happening in Iraq and only reporting all the bad. Where Wolf would reply because there are alot of bad things going on, and her reply was do you want to win the war?

There are alot of other reasons obviously for why Bush was elected, but i think what i touched on in terms of putting things in simple terms for the dumbest of people to base their votes on really worked. Also i'm not saying Kerry would've been great either, but i know he would've caused way less of a mess than Bush with his more conservative approach to everything.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Yes and that is why politics isnt all about the best candidate but just about what you can do to win.

For example, Howard Dean was the best candidate but screwed it up with his "I ahve a scream" speech and kerry was their best chance to win.

The Bush campaign party saw that the flip-flop phrase was a good chance fro them to win so they took it.

Serious playground baller Sean77's Avatar

You know when a former Republican post-wartime President like Ford(may he rest in peace) has to disagree with how Bush AND Rumsfeld AND Cheney are doing things, it's a mess.

Not your average OWL onewickedlady's Avatar

Timmeh--
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself. If your attitude toward Mexicans is a reflection of the "middle-class" families of the South then why wouldn't people diss the Southerners?

I'm sorry if that offends you but it's the truth.

I went to get my driver's license renewed today and under race, they put me down for "Non-Latino". Are there that many illegals or Latino-non-english-speaking citizens in America to where the government is deciphering Latinos from Non-Latinos?

Quote Originally Posted by shafir
    People voted for Bush because John Kerry was an idiot, in 2000 he actually lost the election against Gore.
    agree...i was barely not old enough to vote in the last election but i would have voted for the lesser of the two idiots...bush