Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: Can't wait till Cousins is a Laker

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    imo #2 and Jordan Hill is worth enough for Cousins. He's a malcontent who hasn't proven to be a winner, who the coaching staff doesn't want.

Randle was the 7th pick in the lottery last year and if he played last year and wasn't injured he would be worth more than the 6th pick in this years draft.

if the Kings do trade Cousins I suspect it will just be for the 2nd pick and some filler like Young or Hill.
    laker fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    laker fans.
    who's going to give up a better offer?

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    We'd essentially be trading their situation for ours.

I'm surprised more people can't see it. If I was The Lakers it's either straight up for the second pick + filler, or get lost.

Why would you trade all your assets/ a potential young core for one player not named Durant, Lebron or Anthony Davis? Because you don't.
    Our situation would be nothing like theirs with Cousins because basically everybody wants to play in LA and nobody wants to play for Sacramento.

You could pair Cousins with a number of perimeter stars in LA, much harder to do that in Sacramento

who's going to give up a better offer?
    The kings can just say no. And we don't even know what other offers are out there.

Do laker fans even realize how dumb they sound?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Christ, #2 for #6?

Can't escape this shit anywhere on ISH

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

laker fans.
    Both Teams are getting raped which ever side caves.

Cousins is not worth # 2 , Randle and Clarkson. Fucc that noise.

imo #2 and Jordan Hill is worth enough for Cousins.

GTFO.

He's a malcontent who hasn't proven to be a winner, who the coaching staff doesn't want. .

Right and the Lakers and several other teams still want him badly in spite of that. The reality is that the Lakers don't have any leverage here, Cousins still has quite a few years on his contract, the Kings aren't in a position where they HAVE to trade him so they can take their time to find the best offer. If the Lakers best offer is #2 and Hill, I think the Kings will discover that they can do better. The Kings can wait a month, two months...until the trading deadline....etc.

This isn't a Kevin Love type situation where they absolutely have to trade the guy or risk getting nothing. Love was worth two consecutive 1st round picks and he's not nearly as good as Cousins either.
    Last edited by PejaNowitzki; 06-25-2015 at 12:15 AM.

The kings can just say no. And we don't even know what other offers are out there.

Do laker fans even realize how dumb they sound?
    That #2 pick makes it pretty damn hard to imagine many better offers out there.

Your pick of Okafor/Russell plus potentially getting another young star like Randle/Clarkson?

Not a bad deal when you are just trading a guy who would leave in 2 years anyways

Both Teams are getting raped which ever side caves.

Cousins is not worth # 2 , Randle and Clarkson. Fucc that noise.
    Lakers are not getting rapes. Cousins is proven.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld

Your pick of Okafor/Russell plus potentially getting another young star like Randle/Clarkson?

Not a bad deal when you are just trading a guy who would leave in 2 years anyways

The point is that with Boston and Denver involved, the Kings can do better than the #2 pick and Jordan Hill like one poster brought up, or trading Cousins and the #6 pick for the #2, Randle and Clarkson.

Personally I think that Randle, the #2 pick and a couple of 2nd rounders is more than fair.
    Last edited by PejaNowitzki; 06-25-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld

I've already said cousins for randle and 2 is fine.

But not with 6

Lakers are not getting rapes. Cousins is proven.

Proven or not, giving two potentially top notch young players and then some added filler on top of that is tough to swallow.

That said, I'm not sure why anyone is shocked or surprised. How often does a guy who is at the very beginning of his prime and already a dominant superstar get traded in the NBA? Of course the asking price is going to be ridiculous.

Good college starter

We'd essentially be trading their situation for ours.

I'm surprised more people can't see it. If I was The Lakers it's either straight up for the second pick + filler, or get lost.

Why would you trade all your assets/ a potential young core for one player not named Durant, Lebron or Anthony Davis? Because you don't.

I've been against this move because when I see Cousins, I see a talented player with a destructive attitude and minimal impact. If it was Anthony Davis then it's a no brainer. When you can't carry your team to 30 wins, you don't influence the game as much. He's like Kevin Love with an extra baggage. People keep making excuses about his support but how many elite players have turn around their team in 2 to 3 years. Losing your promising players for that, I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    they should get another team involved if the lakers really want to keep randle

I'm not sure what else the Lakers have to offer that involving another team would help. They don't have a 1st rounder next year to offer, no real talent outside of Clarkson, but the #2 and Clarkson certainly doesn't get it done, especially when the Kings already have two young shooting guards.

Aside from the #2 pick, Randle is the Lakers best trade asset. I don't think you can acquire a guy like Cousins and get to keep Randle too. If Kupchak pulled that off, they might as well start building him a statue in the HOF the next day.

Very good NBA starter

If the Kings want #2, Randle and Clarkson then they throw in the #6 that simple. It's easy as Mitch telling Sacremento they get #2 and another asset, and if they can find a team that beats that best of luck.