The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

Default Basketball Shoes and Flat Feet

Looking for a pair of BBall kicks with maximum stability for my flat feet. Not to mention i'm heavy so support would be great too!

PLEASE HELP

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Default Re: Basketball Shoes and Flat Feet

I know you hear me say this a lot, but the Supernatural fits in perfectly for that. Great all-around support (generous on the ankle cushioning too) plus they have great arch support. I stopped using my arch supports and my feet feel so much better.

Saw a basketball once

+1

i believe that adidas supernatural commander are the best choice. My mate has the same problem as you, he's 6'4 power player, and he just loves them. They're a bit on the stiff side tho.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy
    +1

i believe that adidas supernatural commander are the best choice. My mate has the same problem as you, he's 6'4 power player, and he just loves them. They're a bit on the stiff side tho.
    Quite the contrary. It took me next to no time to break in to mine. The sole is really flexible. It may take some getting used to the pods, but they ain't stiff at all. I'm also a F/C in my varsity team (although I just stand at 5'10 ) and I love how they feel. Great traction too.

1. Arch support, stability

2. Not TOO heavy

3. Not TOO ugly

thats all I ask for

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
    1. Arch support, stability

2. Not TOO heavy

3. Not TOO ugly

thats all I ask for
    1) It has great arch support (as I said, I even stopped playing with my custom made ones) and the shroud and ankle strap lock down the shoe greatly.

2) The Creators are 13 ounces, a hair lighter than the Hyperdunk.

3) They're not ugly. Lots of people on the court ask me "Hey dude, where'd you get those, man?".

Iunno. Some people won't buy my advice just 'cause they want to stick with more popular brands. I'm not saying you are one of those people though. The few times I see you post here, you're a cool poster. Just saying before the those dudes come into the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    1) It has great arch support (as I said, I even stopped playing with my custom made ones) and the shroud and ankle strap lock down the shoe greatly.

2) The Creators are 13 ounces, a hair lighter than the Hyperdunk.

3) They're not ugly. Lots of people on the court ask me "Hey dude, where'd you get those, man?".

Iunno. Some people won't buy my advice just 'cause they want to stick with more popular brands. I'm not saying you are one of those people though. The few times I see you post here, you're a cool poster. Just saying before the those dudes come into the thread.
    i'm not into brands. I have 1 pair of jordans, i wear Brooks Addiction 8 on a daily basis due to my severe flat feet.

I had the old TS bounce commanders but the there is virtually no arch support, its pretty much flat

i'm not into brands. I have 1 pair of jordans, i wear Brooks Addiction 8 on a daily basis due to my severe flat feet.

I had the old TS bounce commanders but the there is virtually no arch support, its pretty much flat
    Yeah, I had those too. They felt nice cause of the ClimaCool, but I just could not stand it being so flat. They also ran pretty big, no? Funny though, I used them quite a lot but the Bounce sole is still stiff. I'm trying to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    Yeah, I had those too. They felt nice cause of the ClimaCool, but I just could not stand it being so flat. They also ran pretty big, no? Funny though, I used them quite a lot but the Bounce sole is still stiff. I'm trying to sell them.
    So do you have the TS creators or commanders? i like the creators but i want the one with the most arch support

I rule the local playground

TS creators work for me, I have no arch at all.

So do you have the TS creators or commanders? i like the creators but i want the one with the most arch support
    I have the Supernatural Creator (latest version of the Creator), the Bounce Commanders (2nd edition of the Commanders) and the Illrhana Response (trying to sell the last 2 in my friend's village ). Go with the Supernatural. Either would be good. The only real difference is that the Commander has a higher cut and more ankle support, but they have the same arch support, which performs very well. I've only played in the SN Creator, though, as it's the only SN shoe I have, but most of the people in the Adidas thread I go to in another forum say that the Commander is equally as great a performance basketball shoe.

BUMP.

I've been looking at the new Adidas Crazy 8s.

http://www.adidas.com/basketball/us/...roduct/G21939/

Anybody know anything about them or own a pair?

Dunking on everybody in the park bumpyknucks's Avatar

We were sponsored by Adidas back in college so we had to wear the 8