Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once easythereliberace's Avatar

Default Re: Grizzlies, Allen Iverson agree to part ways! Team will waive Iverson

Good riddance to bad relish. AI has always been overrated because he is little and has street appeal. His shooting percentage is too low for a HOF player, his defense is weak and he does not make his team better. If AI really had street hunger her would be preparing like MJ at all times, not just showing up for games.

Default Re: Grizzlies, Allen Iverson agree to part ways! Team will waive Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by easythereliberace
    Good riddance to bad relish. AI has always been overrated because he is little and has street appeal. His shooting percentage is too low for a HOF player, his defense is weak and he does not make his team better. If AI really had street hunger her would be preparing like MJ at all times, not just showing up for games.

Have you seen some of the field goal percentages of other Hall of Famers?

Saw a basketball once kenmax1983's Avatar

The 6'1 hero in 76ers is gone with my highschool memory

Good High School Starter haji_d_robertas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Lakers wont sign Iverson. He doesn't fit the system and after all that has transpired, I dont think the Lakers would want him.

I am not sure who would want him at this point. Its really a sad day in basketball. Its a real shame Iverson is going to come to an end like this. I hope he finds a way to accept his role on the bench for a good team, but I don't know if that's possible,
    This is a weak argument. Of course the Lakers are going to sign Iverson. He can start in LA over Fish. Phil Jackson could get through to him. He'll win a ring with the Lakers at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

yea right. Just like when they had Gary Payton and Karl Malone w/Shaq and Kobe.

AI in the triangle?
    Yeah, that team went all the way to the finals, what a joke!

The Nuggets should sign him. They have Nene, he's already beaten cancer once

Made that high school varsity squad Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

yea right. Just like when they had Gary Payton and Karl Malone w/Shaq and Kobe.

AI in the triangle?
    I think AI will end up going to LA or another power team that is weak at PG.

Quote Originally Posted by haji_d_robertas
    Yeah, that team went all the way to the finals, what a joke!
    And probably would have won if Malone didn't get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Lakers wont sign Iverson. He doesn't fit the system and after all that has transpired, I dont think the Lakers would want him.
    AI is a great passer and plays well off the ball, so the system would be fine. I think it comes down to whether they think they need him... and I doubt they make that decision until Pau comes back.
    And he would play off the bench, as he would be winning.

Dunking on everybody in the park spree43's Avatar

Iverson on the knicks, if D

[QUOTE=spree43]Iverson on the knicks, if D

Dunking on everybody in the park spree43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Allen Iverson is fast break offense would make the Knicks relevant and dangerous. We are talking about one of the top ten greatest fast break players of all time.

And with his dribble penetration, gallo would have a lot of open shots to work with.
    Plus, if he signs with the knicks now he can get back his reputation as a great individual player this season

Then next season, if they sign Lebron, he can re-sign for low money and go for the title

I don't know how much his "legacy" (which is such a superfluous term to begin with) will be effected by this. I think players are always remembered for what they did in their prime years. We don't talk much about MJ's Wizards years, or Karl Malone being on the Lakers. I think AI will be remembered for leading the Sixers to the finals, and as being a tough "little man" who loved the game had tons of speed on the court, and heart. Unfortunately, some of this other stuff WILL be a part of his legacy, but it won't completely overshadow his career like some think.

I usually hit open layups truethat23's Avatar

If Iverson wants to continue to play in the league, he has to understand that he is not going to be the focal point of the offense anymore. Most teams already have either an established superstar or a young up and coming guy that they want to invest and build their franchise around.

I believe Iverson wants to win a championship before his career is over, so the only teams that I think that could handle his personality and his game would be the Lakers, Celtics, or Spurs. He may have a chance to start at point with the Lakers but with the Celtics and Spurs, he'll be sixth man at best. Phil Jackson, Popovich, and Doc & especially KG won't be putting up with any of his antics if he comes aboard with one of them. AI will have to accept that.

I don't think a lot of people here really understand Allen Iverson. He has had his troubles that's for sure, but the hate is for what he represents off the court, his background and cultural impact. I feel a little bit of "let's put him back in his place" from this thread and I can't help but get offended by that.

He deserves to be a starter if he can find a place where he fits. He's proven he can play and he is still better than a lot of starters out there right now. He is coachable? Yes. Larry Brown can attest to that, and if I'm in AI's shoes, it's important to understand that Michael Curry was not a great coach and is now fired, and Lionel Hollins is not a great coach and probably will be fired before the season is over.

Allen Iverson is just not a diplomat and probably doesn't respect people who he does not feel deserve it. Is that a character flaw? yeah, crazy? no way. I've been disrespected on this board so many times and in so many ways that it makes my head spin, but I know that most of the people doing the disrespecting aren't crazy, they just don't feel like I deserve it.

So he is going to go to a contender and probably start, I would get used to that fact right away. It's not a matter of what bad coaches think, or posters on this board who cannot diguise their hatred for the culture that AI represents, it's the truth. So flail away, Weenies, let the disrespect continue.