Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirk or T-Mac

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    DIRK STILL AIN'T ON DUNCAN'S LEVEL
    No one is.

Local High School Star

dirk can do more than t-mac

This might be the most even debate, player v player, that I can remember in my 4+ years at ISH. For every 2 TMac endorsements, you get 3 for Dirk and then 4 for TMac and then 2 for Dirk, etc....

Pretty awesome if you are a person like me that:

A. Gets to see 90% of all Rockets, Mavs (100%), and Spurs games thanks to being a part of the great country of Texas.

B. Believe that the Mavs, Spurs, and Rockets are 3 of the 4 best teams in the West (along with the Suns) which means...

C. There is a "better than good" chance that TMac and Dirk get to go head to head again this year, or TMac v Duncan, or Duncan v Dirk again, or Dirk v Nash, or Amare v Duncan, or TMac v Matrix, etc...

Gotta love the NBA.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

DIRK STILL AIN'T ON DUNCAN'S LEVEL
    Career wise, no.

But if you just look at play from the 2005-2006 season... Dirk was the best power forward in the game. Duncan wasn't on Dirk's level last year.

(But like I said... that's only 1 year.. not career.)

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

what the heck, suddenly MAvs fans are agreeing that Dirk ain't on Duncan's level?

During the playoffs, I bought this up and most Mavs fans would disagree and claim Dirk is equal, if not better than Duncan. No one remembers how much hate Duncan was getting this year just because his stats dropped? People were making ridiculous/stupid claims like Duncan wasn't even as good as Brand or how Duncan is overrated because his stats were never that impressive. Dirk being equal or greater than Duncan has definitely been thrown around a few times by Mavs fans during May.

and again, I am not specifically a Duncan fan, but I just can't take ridiculous comments like that.

Like right now, I don't like Dirk any more than Tmac nor do I have a thing against Tmac, but Tmac fans are being too ridiculous in this thread.
    Last edited by EricForman; 09-22-2006 at 09:00 PM.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

It's because he isn't on his level. At best you can say the gap isn't as big as it used to be.

being equal or greater than Duncan has definitely been thrown around a few times by Mavs fans during May.
    That is because, head to head, Dirk v Duncan, Game 7 of the best series known to man, Dirk did what only Duncan could dream of.

Same argument with Wade v Dirk, only Mavs fans take it.

IMO, still, Duncan>>Dirk>>>James>>>>Wade

Just one fans opinion.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    This might be the most even debate, player v player, that I can remember in my 4+ years at ISH. For every 2 TMac endorsements, you get 3 for Dirk and then 4 for TMac and then 2 for Dirk, etc....

Pretty awesome if you are a person like me that:

A. Gets to see 90% of all Rockets, Mavs (100%), and Spurs games thanks to being a part of the great country of Texas.

B. Believe that the Mavs, Spurs, and Rockets are 3 of the 4 best teams in the West (along with the Suns) which means...

C. There is a "better than good" chance that TMac and Dirk get to go head to head again this year, or TMac v Duncan, or Duncan v Dirk again, or Dirk v Nash, or Amare v Duncan, or TMac v Matrix, etc...

Gotta love the NBA.

AMEN TO THAT!

T-Mac is flat out better than Dirk period. I don't want to hear none of that **** about Dirk winning more. When has McGrady even ONCE had a roster as good as Dirk's been blessed with for years. True... McGrady probably has a better sidekick now than Dirk ever had but overall cast? Not even close. And T-Mac + Yao have only been together for basically what amounts to one season. If McGrady stays healthy this year and so does Yao, I wouldn't be suprised if they win 58ish games.

McGrady is the most naturally talented player in the damn league, people.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

i thought darko was?

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    That is because, head to head, Dirk v Duncan, Game 7 of the best series known to man, Dirk did what only Duncan could dream of.

Same argument with Wade v Dirk, only Mavs fans take it.

IMO, still, Duncan>>Dirk>>>James>>>>Wade

Just one fans opinion.
    Co-sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    i thought darko was?
    No. Darko's up there but I wouldn't put him with McGrady.

Anyone who's watched McGrady knows how smooth the guy is. His biggest problems are his back, shot selection & desire. If he had all three of those things working as perfectly as could be, I don't have any doubt that he'd be considered the best player in the world by pretty much everyone.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    mavs > rockets

tmac > dirk

some people keep on talking about how dirk makes his teammates' jobs easier. but the opposite is actually more true. dirk's cast is solid. and because the mavs have all those weapons, dirk gets a lot of lesiure that most other scorers in the league don't have.

t-mac, on the other hand, has proven that he could carry a team with almost a bunch of nobodies.
    What is funny, is that Tony Meija has ranked the Top 20 players for each position and the only Mavs player besides Dirk, who cracked the Top 20 at his position was Jason Terry. The Mavs are a well constructed team, BUT well constructed teams still need ONE guy, who makes it all click and happen. I don

Basically, here's the dealio...

TMac was injuried ALL of last season. People are dumb. They forget greatness very quickly. You get an eyefull of D.Wade and Dirk for a year...then your mind starts playing tricks on you. You start imagining things...you place TMac on the level of RICKY DAVIS. All the attention gets placed on Kobe's insane offensive abilities when there is no TMac to balance the share of camera time. The guy scored 63 points before Kobe 81...but you all forgot that. 63 is CAKE right? Maybe Ricky could do it too?

But no worries...TMac will make you all remember this season. Dont sleep on this guy. He's one of the most naturally gifted and talented NBA of all time.

I rule the local playground

T-Mac over Dirk, in virtually every aspect of the game.