Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #91
LBJDW305
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Will Miami catch Chicago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
This will be the Celtics final run as a top 4 team in the Eastern Conference. I think the Old Celtics will be a much tougher opponent than the Bulls in a best of 7 series.

That's going overboard. Bulls and pacers are tougher then this years C's
LBJDW305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #92
Pointguard
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJDW305
Why is everyone so scared of the celtics anyways?
I think Lebron showed them a lot of respect last year - and they deserved it. Guys rarely show that type of reverence to another team.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #93
Pointguard
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
It will be the same thing as last year. If Rose plays well....I think the Bulls will win. If he plays poorly again...they will lose.
So noooobody else has to step up. They can triple team Rose and use all their resources on Rose and the other teammates don't have to play well.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #94
Pointguard
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
I agree, if he sucks again, we're in trouble. Rose doesn't even need to play his best basketball of his life to beat Miami, he just needs to play to his potential, he has a good team around him, he doesn't have to go hero ball.
Rose had to go hero ball last year - nobody stepped up. If Miami uses all of their resources to gang up on Rose or strongly shadow him, somebody else has to step up. They weren't breaking traps last year. The Bulls severely lacked creators, shooters and finishers to give Rose room last year. Miami can do that to any team if their is only one player that's hurting them. When Rose had shooters and faced Lebron in the playoffs before, he was driving past him just like everybody else.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #95
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJDW305
That's going overboard. Bulls and pacers are tougher then this years C's

Bulls for the most part, yes. Pacers, maybe in the regular sesaon, but not during the playoffs. The Celtics bunch have way too much pride to just go out in what is most likely thier last year together like a bunch of bums. If they go down, you know they they go down leaving 110% on the court. This team has no tomorrow. Pacers on the other hand, are still young and developing.

I think it's a big part of why the Mavericks are struggling so much this year compared to last year. Sure they lost Tyson Chandler, but it's not like he's making the Knicks into contenders even with Melo and Stat + decent role players. It's the fact that Jason Kidd / Jason Terry / Dirk are not playing like their legacies depended on it.

If the chips fall in place, I look forward to watching a Bulls / Celtics series moreso than Heat / Pacers despite being a Heat fan.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #96
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation

People are overrating the shit out of the Pacers. They're not that good. Just getting lucky with an easy schedule.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #97
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
People are overrating the shit out of the Pacers. They're not that good. Just getting lucky with an easy schedule.

Pacers are one player away from becoming a legit contender in the Eastern Conference.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #98
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Pacers are one player away from becoming a legit contender in the Eastern Conference.
Agree, they need a closer.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #99
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cteach111
i think Rose's clutch style will be a concern come playoff time. His style works against everyone except for the Heat because they've got young, athletic guys just like him.

Against the Heat though, the ball needs to move, the floor needs to be spaced, and you have to have a reliable jumper. That's not Rose's game at this point.

Guys like Rose take time to develop the finesse, perimeter oriented style of game.

Ehh, that wasn't really the issue last post season. It was more of a problem with offensive cohesiveness and lack of off-ball movement. Then when you add in the Bulls were not very good at shooting and you can pack the paint completely on Rose which is what happened.
This year it's a lot different. Better movement, better shooting, better passing. The Bulls also have Rip instead of a more offensively limited Brewer/Bogans at the end of games.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #100
Pointguard
5-time NBA All-Star

I like Boston but they are tailor made for Chicago. Thibes knows the core like the back of his hand. All four of the Celts are players of incredible habit offensively. The Celts aren't fast enough to get away from Chicago's flood defense and they aren't big enough to go over them. They don't rebound that well and don't have a way to get easy points. They aren't versatile enough to change their spots. Rondo usually goes triple double happy in the playoffs but usually has problems with Rose. Boston's bench will be thoroughly outplayed. Chicago is also bigger and more athletic. Nor can Boston outbang them. After Experience Boston isn't doing that well.

Indiana, as compared to Boston is faster, longer, stronger, wider, more athletic, has a superior bench, will bang, can play a half court game, has a variety of looks, rebounds better and is the hottest team in the league at the right time. Not only that but they clog the middle as good as any team and that causes problems for Miami.

Last edited by Pointguard : 04-18-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #101
All Net

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

They are good and are very physical. Which will give Miami some problems but if you are Miami you would rather face them than Boston.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #102
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

A structured team like Boston would certainly still be a danger to a flawed "Team" like Miami. NTM its Bostons last year with the big 3, and motivation to get square with miami from last year, Id love to see miami have to get through boston again.

As far as Bulls are concerned, I just want them to play any team that doesnt bang them up too much early, a walkover. So whichever team that is I dont like the choices of either pacers or boston though, both will be tough and will take some effort to beat.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #103
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

If heat win their matchup with the bulls i say 50/50, but atm bulls are likely to hold on.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #104
All Net

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
If heat win their matchup with the bulls i say 50/50, but atm bulls are likely to hold on.

Well if Miami wins thurs and bulls lose @ Indy it is possible but Miami would heed to win out... Possible but not sure Miami will go all out to do so.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #105
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
So noooobody else has to step up. They can triple team Rose and use all their resources on Rose and the other teammates don't have to play well.

Of course other players have to play. Why do people want to argue semantics here constantly.

Sure, if Rose plays great and everyone else sucks they will lose. But if Rose shoots 35% again like he did last year and crumbles in crunch time again like he did last year...the Bulls won't win.

I picked the Bulls last year and I'll pick the Bulls again this year. And I think that Rose can and will play a lot better this year. And the Bulls are just better in my opinion.

But Rose is going to have to play really well. If he does...with home court and that edge in terms of defense and rebounding....I think the Bulls win in 6.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: