Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 08-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
ebonics
Lord give me a sign

Default the brandan wright trade

how many of you all didn't like that trade? i think it was a rip off for the warriors.
ebonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Default Re: the brandan wright trade

I think I had to change my pants after I saw it.... I LOVED IT!

We keep Brandan Wright and we are automatically "building" (or progressing slowly, however you'd like to put it) for 2 or 3 more years. With JRich we added a established scorer, which in our short history we have never had. JRich automatically makes almost our whole lineup more effective by turning Felton, Crash, Emeka and Carrol into compliments on offense. Instead of each of them trying to prove they are the #1 scorer, because someone needed to be.

Wright is nothing more than a skinny forward who can finish around the rim with both hands... only thing is he's never going to get to the rim the way he is right now. good luck to him I hope he does well, but we got what we needed and wanted.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
LJJ
Extra Cheese

It was great.

We didn't only get the established player for a total coin flip, but J-Rich is also exactly what we need and Brandan Wright is exactly what we don't need.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #4
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

I think if anything the Warriors were ripped, and with the trade almost guaranteed that they won't be as good as they where last year. Even if Wright lives up to his potential someday I doubt that will be this year, and for a team that has struggled to win games for 3 years I was tired of losing. Richardson will help us win now, and probably is a more talented player than Wright as well. Great trade for us.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #5
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

BEST

TRADE

EVER.

It was good for GSW too, but financially instead of talent wise. The move will allow them to retain their most promising young guys (Ellis & Biedrens).

For us it was an "out of the park" moment.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Loved it. And I can't wait to see Stephen A Smith eat his words when we make the playoffs; that guy is terribly annoying.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
Scorrison
I usually hit open layups

Charlotte gets: -An established scorer and potential all-star at a position of need.
-A skinny 22-year old project PF

Charlotte gives up: -A skinny 19-year old project PF

Yes, Wright will probably end up being better than Davidson, but there's no guarentee. I was really just never all that impressed with Wright.
Scorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
Scorrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
BEST

TRADE

EVER.

It was good for GSW too, but financially instead of talent wise. The move will allow them to retain their most promising young guys (Ellis & Biedrens).

For us it was an "out of the park" moment.

I think GS has to get something out of its massive trade exception to make it a good trade for them. Either that or Wright needs to turn out to be very, very good. I really think that part of the reason for this trade was to make a run at Garnett...
Old 08-29-2007, 04:54 PM   #9
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorrison
I think GS has to get something out of its massive trade exception to make it a good trade for them. Either that or Wright needs to turn out to be very, very good. I really think that part of the reason for this trade was to make a run at Garnett...

Their fans are pretty high on Wright. It's possible they could have been angling for a Garnett deal during his selection, but rumors had them wanting Thornton instead (FWIW there was some article that came out after, saying that they were trying desperately to get Jordan on the phone and tell him Thornton...but never got thru).

They'll probably use some of the TE but I doubt they use it all. GSW was fast approaching luxury tax territory and that's not cool for a fringe playoff team...plus I think their owner has IRS troubles. Above all this deal gave them flexibility and the option of staying fiscally feasible or picking up a good underpriced player for need.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:13 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I don't think there was one Charlotte fan who didn't like the trade. Now, go to the Warriors board, I'm sure you'll get a lot of different opinions.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
ebonics
Lord give me a sign

a few people here in houston thought it was dumb because they said bobcats already have gerald wallace. i was like so he can play SF and but they kept saying jordan was stupid for doing that trade.
ebonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #12
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Nope, it was actually a fairly smart trade because you can have GW playing SG or SF or even PF depending on who is in the game at the moment. Richardson could play either SG or SF depending on who is in the game. Morrison, Carroll, Herrmann and Dudley will all have a scorer to go to and a veteran presence with them on the floor when they're in. It was a great move.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
Scorrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonics
a few people here in houston thought it was dumb because they said bobcats already have gerald wallace. i was like so he can play SF and but they kept saying jordan was stupid for doing that trade.

GW is a great, great player, but a perimeter scorer, he is not. I think he can D up any 3 in the league, too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: