Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-17-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
justafan
Learning to shoot layups

Default okafor

Emeka Okafor should play at the power forward i think he numbers would go up and let ryan hollins start give him 20min a game.
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Default Re: okafor

Okafor has played PF ever since he was in the league. He plays better at center though. His numbers at the beginning of last year were phenomenal because he had to play center because Brezec was hurt.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

I wouldn't say his numbers change just b/c we list him at a different posistion. It really just depends on who is playing around him and who he is matched up against.

And I dont think Hollins is really a starting C in the NBA.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
I wouldn't say his numbers change just b/c we list him at a different posistion. It really just depends on who is playing around him and who he is matched up against.

And I dont think Hollins is really a starting C in the NBA.

Right on all counts. Mek is uncomfortable away from the paint...guys like Bosh give him absolute fits. Very agressive guys do too (Dwight Howard) but he has a better chance with his smarts against those guys. At center he can bang and do weak side help defense (read stellar blocks) vs. having to chase usually their best player.

Ultimately it'd be great to pair Mek up with a faster player with length at the PF spot...a Bosh type. That'd also take the focus off him in the paint on offense.

I think Hollins' days are numbered.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:33 AM   #5
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

I wish we had somehow pulled off a trade for JO if we were able to keep our Big 4. I mean, with a starting 5 that good, we wouldn't need a bench.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
I wish we had somehow pulled off a trade for JO if we were able to keep our Big 4. I mean, with a starting 5 that good, we wouldn't need a bench.

JO's salary would never have allowed it...dude's making like 21 million bucks.

Never really been a fan of him...he's never shot a great % from the field and he seems to "disappear" during the game. Lots of times against us he'd come out in the 1st quarter and just look unstoppable on both sides, and it'd look like we were getting ready to be blown out. He'd then sub out, sit a while then come back but never get into the game again.

If you're making that kind of cash you'd better be playing for real the whole 40 minutes.

Pairing him with Mek would make us a force though. I'd love to do it if JO were roughly half the price.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

I agree JO's salary is rediculous and it probably would have hurt us in the long run to have so many large contracts (5 of probably $7+ mil after Felton's extension next offseason). But those starting 5 would easily make us the best team in our conference and probably the 2nd or 3rd best in the East (with Detroit and Chicago). But none of this really matters since it ain't happening.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:45 PM   #8
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Ryan Hollins doesnt even average 4rpg in summer league play let alone starting for an NBA franchise. Hes athletic, but hes rather clumsy.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:48 PM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Yeah, I read that he had only been playing organized ball for only 4 years before college, so I figured he'd be pretty clumsy.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: