College superstar

Default What is everyone's one person shooting drills?

I just got back in to shooting around a lot more consistently. 9 times in the past two weeks.

But I don't do anything special, other than shoot shoot shoot. End each day, though, with 100 straight FTs.

Does anyone have a somewhat structured, one-person shooting drill that they do? Or what are some other training things that anyone does when alone?

Thanks!

Tolerant Liberals

Default Re: What is everyone's one person shooting drills?

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I just got back in to shooting around a lot more consistently. 9 times in the past two weeks.

But I don't do anything special, other than shoot shoot shoot. End each day, though, with 100 straight FTs.

Does anyone have a somewhat structured, one-person shooting drill that they do? Or what are some other training things that anyone does when alone?

Thanks!
    spin the ball to bounce back to you to emulate catch & shoot, or atleast practice pull up jumpers.

standing there and shooting is just plain useless if you wanna improve your shot in-game.

NBA Superstar

I prefer partner shooting (at least one other person) but working out solo, I'll run through the basics, varying depending on the day. That may be a set number of face-up mid-range jumpers, then self passes to simulate springing off a screen, then catch, one dribble, shoot, etc.

Interestingly, the InsideHoops 100 Shot Challenge thread warmed me up to tracking my makes in addition to my attempts. I used to just go "Okay, 20 shots from left corner, 20 from center, etc." But putting a made/attempted number on things dials into the need for perfection as well as a means of relativity and comparison.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    spin the ball to bounce back to you to emulate catch & shoot, or atleast practice pull up jumpers.

standing there and shooting is just plain useless if you wanna improve your shot in-game.
    I may have mislead. The only time I'm "standing there and shooting" is when I do my FTs.

90% of my other shots are off the move and/or dribble. Self-pass is done by way of rebounding misses then going directly up.

I was just looking for something with more direction.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

shoot