Page 49 of 130 FirstFirst ... 39464748495051525999 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Is Miami really number 2? I can't understand that. I wonder if it's because they are in the ACC. But the thing is... the ACC is mediocre this year. If that.

-Smak
    Can you show me a team more deserving of being ranked #2? Miami is a legit top 3-5 team right now, and I'm not sure how you could even dispute that.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Can you show me a team more deserving of being ranked #2? Miami is a legit top 3-5 team right now, and I'm not sure how you could even dispute that.
    I'm not sold on Miami. I'm pretty sure that a good big 10 team would destroy them

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Yeah, I'd be pretty shocked if Oladipo didn't play. Obviously no body's the same so you never know, but it wasn't a bad ankle roll at all. If the game were close at all he'd have probably played, he was laughing on the bench and whatnot.
    I'm hoping he's a step slower at this point. Harris needs to be on his game from the jump bottling him up, last time we played them we shutdown Zeller but Oladipo chose to have one of his best games in his college career.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    I'm not sold on Miami. I'm pretty sure that a good big 10 team would destroy them
    They beat Michigan State this year without Reggie Johnson.

This is the most parity I've seen in college hoops for years. Do you guys prefer 3-4 dominant teams or a wide open top 25 where anyone can beat anyone like this year?

I've really enjoyed the even playing field. The Big 10 is essentially a gauntlet or tough road games, Big East has produced several classics, Pac 12 is actually decent for the first time in years, Gonzaga, Butler and St. Mary's can play with anyone, and the Big 12, ACC, and SEC are still strong at the top

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Oladipo's playing

1 hour to go. fasten your seat belts everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    This is the most parity I've seen in college hoops for years. Do you guys prefer 3-4 dominant teams or a wide open top 25 where anyone can beat anyone like this year?

I've really enjoyed the even playing field. The Big 10 is essentially a gauntlet or tough road games, Big East has produced several classics, Pac 12 is actually decent for the first time in years, Gonzaga, Butler and St. Mary's can play with anyone, and the Big 12, ACC, and SEC are still strong at the top
    Butler is Atlantic 10.

Yea I would definitely say this year has been wide open, but at the same time it has been pretty rare for a pre-season favourite to actually come out on top at the end. Granted, a big program pretty much always wins the NCAA tourney, but more often than not its not the team everyone expected.

hope Dawson punches Sheehey

Costello?

if Appling takes another quick shot im gonna lose it

Oladipo's going to be a top 5 pick, I guarantee it. And he was ranked like 110 or something. Just goes to show you I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Oladipo's going to be a top 5 pick, I guarantee it. And he was ranked like 110 or something. Just goes to show you I guess.
    he's really learned how to slow his game down and play under control, it's been really impressive so far this season.

great athlete, gonna be a Wade type player.

The more I see Payne play, the more and more I like his game. And I bet Vitale is getting killed every time he says he sees some Michael Jordan in Oladipo's game, but I get what he's getting at. Just the explosiveness and athleticism and defensive ability with a somewhat raw offensive game (skills wise) as a college player is somewhat similar. Something like a poor man's Dwyane Wade is probably a better comparison. But that might even be a stretch...I don't really know. I don't want to sound like Vitale and come off as I'm saying he's the next Wade or something, because I know Wade averaged something like 20-5-5 his last year in college while carrying Marquette to the Final Four. I really like his game, though, and he's a lot of fun to watch.

Yeah I LOVE Payne's skillset with that body, kid really needs a mean streak though