Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #16
HighFlyer23
National High School Star

Default Re: Interesting Muslim Video -- Will Islam Take Over Europe?

Alhamdolillah I know that the Muslims population has already eclipsed the Jewish population in America ... but those statistics seem to be exaggerated ...

Last edited by HighFlyer23 : 08-08-2009 at 03:08 PM.
HighFlyer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #17
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

umm... isnt atheism the fastest growing "religion" (or lack there of) in the western world? how about in 2029 half the world will be atheists (or do i need a video with graphics and sound bites to prove that?).

what has muslim got to do with anything? unless by muslim you mean brown? thats a different issue. and as long as you aren't racist. who the fuck cares?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #18
HighFlyer23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyer23
Alhamdolillah I know that the Muslims population has already eclipsed the Jewish population in America ... but those statistics seem to be exaggerated ...

And I was right ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8189231.stm
HighFlyer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #19
KoolKat

Jews aren't THAT big anyway.
KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #20
jdiaby
Learning to shoot layups

I knew those statistics had to fake, but i can definitely see Islam taking over Europe as more people actually start learning about it. i don't think Islam is at odds with democracy it's just that some sharia laws are not debatable, but anything not stated in quran or sunnah is open to intrepretation by the majority i.e. democracy.
jdiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #21
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
In certain cities in the UK, infact it might be all major cities now, there aren't allowed to be any Christmas decorations out in the streets due to the large population of Muslims. Which is just f*cking pathetic.

yeah our country bends over backwards for muslims. However I will fight to the death too continue to enjoy my pleasures.....

step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #22
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Well I do think the stats sounded inflated, remember the video was made by Christians with a biased view. White Europeans do have a lower amount of kids, however, the video assumes Muslims will maintain their birthrate. Who is to say the 2nd and 3rd Generation do not follow the same trend as their native counterparts?

However Islam is definitely a growing religion in Europe. Things will be interesting in 20 years.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #23
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
yeah our country bends over backwards for muslims. However I will fight to the death too continue to enjoy my pleasures.....

]

Muslims smoke. Hookah is widespread in the Middle East and I've notice many of my Muslim friends are heavy smokers (I guess we all need something to abuse our bodies since they do not drink.)
Old 08-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #24
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Muslims smoke. Hookah is widespread in the Middle East and I've notice many of my Muslim friends are heavy smokers (I guess we all need something to abuse our bodies since they do not drink.)

true, I also know muslims that smoke weed/skunk whatever, everybody is full of shit it just pisses me off so much more when it's a self rightous religious ****!
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #25
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Well I do think the stats sounded inflated, remember the video was made by Christians with a biased view. White Europeans do have a lower amount of kids, however, the video assumes Muslims will maintain their birthrate. Who is to say the 2nd and 3rd Generation do not follow the same trend as their native counterparts?

However Islam is definitely a growing religion in Europe. Things will be interesting in 20 years.
The tendency is such that very few people have more than two kids. And muslim usually have more than 2. The problem is not only about muslims. Gypsies are also very serious problem in my country.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #26
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
The tendency is such that very few people have more than two kids. And muslim usually have more than 2. The problem is not only about muslims. Gypsies are also very serious problem in my country.

To be fair, Bulgarians are leaving in huge numbers since they joined the EU, correct? Muslims make up 10-20% of Bulgaria, no? Are these Muslims Bulgarians or Turks?

BTW, I'm Albanian that was born in Macedonia. Kako si?

Old 08-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #27
Clifton
talk less, say more

You guys are actually buying into this ****? Unbelievable.

This is nothing more than a "be very afraid of the bad bad brown people" propaganda piece. Populations will grow and shrink as they grow and shrink. Maybe white Christians will be the majority, maybe they won't. Life goes on. Most cultures and faiths have never known what it's like to be the majority or the most powerful, and they seem to be doing ok. Christians and whites have been on top for a very long time, and they don't seem so happy to me.

Furthermore how do we know what the future will hold? Things aren't going to progress in this linear way like they do in models. You have to take into account the many bumps along the way. It's not simply going to be white man population shrinks, brown man population grows, until white man population is no more. That's not how things work.

Islam is frequently misunderstood. Just like with Christianity, there are innumerable ways to twist their scripture into whatever they want it to say if people aren't paying close attention. Islam just like Christianity though is primarily about peace and submission to the Eternal. Just like every other religion ultimately is. History, misunderstanding and ignorance, and animalistic impulses not held in check are the only reason Muslim or any other religion has ever been used for anything else.

And you know what? If every neighbor of mine were brown and Muslim, I wouldn't think twice about it. And considering this will happen slowly over time, probably our friends in the future won't either. It will just be the status quo.

What this video does is it takes something that could happen of a model actually predicts the future. It then presents the world 50, 100 years from now and compares it with what the world is now, and WOW, it's so different! Well of course it's different. 100 years ago the world was unimaginably different than it is now, and I bet they made a million predictions about what things would be like today, and I bet every one was not even close. Well in 100 years things the change will be doubly, triply radically and unimaginably different.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #28
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

^
||

You obviously have not lived or interacted with unassimilated Muslims before. While I admit that the video is rubbish we have two UK citizens who have given an accurate description of their own country's dealings with followers of Islam.

Stories like these are worrying:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/8171151.stm

Avon and Somerset Police is issuing head coverings to its female officers so they can enter mosques.

Whatever happened to the separation of the church and the state?
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:49 PM   #29
giantgonzolez
Banned

Dude, when you look at the Holocaust caused by WHITE CHRISTIANS, The Genocide of 100 MILLION NATIVE AMERICANS in the Western Hemesphere after 1492 by WHITE CHRISTIANS, World Wars caused by WHITE CHRISTIANS, The Slavery of HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF Africans and African Americans caused by WHITE CHRISTIANS, The Vietnam War, The Korean War, The Ethnic Cleansing of Mexicans from the South and West caused by White Christains, The Illegal Iraq war Caused by White Christians, etc. why do you think that muslim girl in your apartment building(or whatever you call it in England) was afraid of White Christans?
Moslems may scare some people, but if you look at history, White Christans are the SCARIEST PEOPLE to ALL NON-WHITES.
giantgonzolez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #30
giantgonzolez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back

Dude, you can probably get all that stuff in Dubai. I was watching some special about it on Discovery HD Theater, and that place makes most US cities look like a 3rd world country by comparison.
giantgonzolez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: