Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-10-2009, 03:16 AM   #31
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: Joe Budden Gets Punched in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
He was talking about lyrics comparison, but I can see how that can be taken the wrong way and for goons to react the way they did
when tell someone who is righteous you gonna cut there head off it means more than what the words mean... it is peceived as a life threatening term believe it or not....

beeefing with dudes you on tour with classic
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #32
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

hip hop (ahem, joe) needs to stay off the youtube confessional videos. this whole thing sounds like a stupid, overly dramatic, and unnecessary mess.

Also, i don't think joe budden touches meth in any era. again, quantifying what makes an emcee "good" is so subjective I won't argue with anyone who prefers joe, and if you want to start getting into complexity of vocab and rhyme scheme, maybe he is better (i've really only heard "halfway house" and a handful of his other sh*t), but as far as just overall appeal, style, flow, charisma, method man is vastly superior in my eyes/ears.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #33
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
hip hop (ahem, joe) needs to stay off the youtube confessional videos. this whole thing sounds like a stupid, overly dramatic, and unnecessary mess.

Also, i don't think joe budden touches meth in any era. again, quantifying what makes an emcee "good" is so subjective I won't argue with anyone who prefers joe, and if you want to start getting into complexity of vocab and rhyme scheme, maybe he is better (i've really only heard "halfway house" and a handful of his other sh*t), but as far as just overall appeal, style, flow, charisma, method man is vastly superior in my eyes/ears.

No need to compare anything else... Just click the two youtube links of their diss verses against eachother. Budden is miles ahead of Meth "right now".

You might have an argument that that wasn't Meth at his best... but c'mon. It was so lopsided, I'm not sure there much he can do.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #34
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:

I'm a fan of Meth too so not really trying to get into the whose better argument, but you should check out Mood Muzik 2 and 3. Thats Budden's best material that he's released so far.

http://www.datpiff.com/DJ_On_Point_J...ik_2.m119.html
http://www.datpiff.com/DJ_Onpoint_Jo...k_3.m9261.html

He actually has 2 projects dropping tomorrow too now that he finally turned in Escape Route to his label (as well as the Slaughterhouse cd). People need to listen to this guy, I don't think theres another artist in the game that tops him lyrically.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #35
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

Budden had it coming. Let's not forget that this all started because Budden was pissed about some list from Vibe Magazine. Vibe Magazine. Honestly, who gives a fuck about anything that Magazine had(I say had because they folded lol) to say about hip hop?

Budden's one of my favorite rappers, but he talks too much shyt and is too much of an attention whore. He's gone way too far with his youtube blogging/twittering(if the dude got shot, he'd probably post on his twitter before he went to the hospital) I'm not saying it was right for Rae and his goons to confront Budden, but maybe now that someone finally checked him for all his shyt talking, Budden will learn to be a little bit more humble and hold his tongue more often.

On the flipside, it wouldn't surprise me if this was staged by both parties either. This is GREAT publicity for the Slaughterhouse album(which is hot btw, make sure ya'll cop it tomorrow) and Cuban Linx 2
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #36
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS

People need to listen to this guy, I don't think theres another artist in the game that tops him lyrically.

Imo Blu, Elzhi, Jay Electronica, Reks, and the other 3 members of Slaughterhouse(Budden was the weakest on the SH album) are all better than Budden at the moment. And thats just off the top of my head.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #37
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

Quote:

Buddens aint a shit rapper but he is just not ****ing with Meth....even today. He has dropped some hot **** I'll admit (I listened to that "diss" against Meth and had that look on my face about 5 times, he can really rap), but nothing Meth or Wu comparable...
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #38
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
Imo Blu, Elzhi, Jay Electronica, Reks, and the other 3 members of Slaughterhouse(Budden was the weakest on the SH album) are all better than Budden at the moment. And thats just off the top of my head.

Honestly I'm not saying that Budden is the best, just saying that I haven't heard anybody that makes me say there clearly better than him. I agree them some dudes are as good as him (i.e. the other cats in Slaughterhouse, my dude J Cole, Jadakiss etc), but nobody I've heard makes me say their better than him (kinda like Kobe, Bron and Wade where there all so good there isn't much seperating them).
Old 08-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #39
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
Let's not forget that this all started because Budden was pissed about some list from Vibe Magazine. Vibe Magazine. Honestly, who gives a fuck about anything that Magazine had(I say had because they folded lol) to say about hip hop?

hehe, amen. somebody else tried to cite the Source earlier in this post. The Source is so f*cking bad now it's embarassing. Getting 4 mics from the source nowadays means zero. I'd like to see a list of albums that got 4 mics over the last few years, I bet it's a catalog of mostly garbage.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #40
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

joe budden vs. method man

funny editorial. "meth is the whole package" is pretty much my point.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #41
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Budden Challenges Raekwon to a "Square Dance"

Not sure what he thinks he'll gain by this except keeping this situation going and continuing to make himself look bad, but he wants everybody to see this video.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #42
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Budden Challenges Raekwon to a "Square Dance"

Not sure what he thinks he'll gain by this except keeping this situation going and continuing to make himself look bad, but he wants everybody to see this video.

see, this is the shyt that I'm talking about, and why I really have no sympathy for him when he gets himself in certain situations. Dude just never knows when to shut the **** up.

He needs to stop trying to be a youtube celebrity, stop inciting senseless beefs, and just focus on making music
Old 08-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #43
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

hehe. setting up fist fights online. we should set him up with Legend of Josh (LOJ when backed into a corner usually tries to brag about financial success or how well he "can throw them thangz"... it's hilarious)
Old 08-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #44
gencbiba
NBA sixth man of the year

always noticed that budden wants the drama. he loves it. hes a funny guy though and i definitely subscribed to his videos a while ago.

how can a girl have a big ass like tahiry though!? that is crazy.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #45
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Budden supposedly is a boxer so I guess thats why he's pushing this fistfight **** so hard, either way it seems dumb to me but whatever.

Anybody checking out his album Escape Route thats coming out today? Its only being released digitally (amalgamdigital.com) but from what I've heard it sounds like a good/great CD.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: