Default Re: Rose told Melo: "come to Chicago, the game will be easy"

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Jimmies rustled confirmed
    No like honestly, are you THAT stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    No like honestly, are you THAT stupid?

Why are you asking me that question?

Didn't you just say that the magic should make the nplayoffs this year? What?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    I feel bad the way I came across there. I just passionately defend the Bulls organization when it comes to the Melo saga this summer.

Ill clarify something based off what you just said.

Bulls indeed floated a scenario out to Melo about taking a "shitty" offer enabling the Bulls to keep about every last piece they wanted.

Bulls also wanted more than anything for a S&T to really max out the roster talent and Knicks said NO because Melo never tried to force them by saying Im going to Chicago no matter what. If he did, it would have been point of no return for Melo and really forced both Melo and Phil's hands.

But Melo never told the Knicks they were out so that's why a S&T scenario didnt unfold. Because i dont give a shit what you think, if Melo picks Chicago, Phil would look and be a bafoon for not getting one younger player maybe and a draft pick or two.

You say the Bulls didn't want a large salary on Melo, if they did they wouldve got him?

Read between the lines. Why would the Bulls target Carmelo Anthony above everything, including Kevin Love but not be willing to give up the pieces necessary to give him the money he wants?

Did we not just hear the Bulls offered McDermott, Mirotic, and Gibson for Love??? Bulls didn't even value Love over Melo.

Again, THE CHICAGO BULLS WOULD HAVE GIVEN MELO 96 FOR 4 IF HE WANTED IT. HE WANTED 120+MILLION.

Bulls wanted Melo, Rose, Noah plus whatever they could keep, there was probably 20 possibilities.
    Ok, Bulls is better option and better team than Knicks right now for Melo. But we can't say that for future when Knicks has Phil running the show. As Knicks fan, I'm happy with Melo back. But fcuk his pay-cut. He should shut the fcuk up about "want to win". All he wants is money

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    What? In don't know where people are getting this large disparity in offers between NY and Chicago.

Bulls offered 4 years 96 million.

NY was 5 years 124 million.

So another year on his contract with the bulls on what they were prepared to pay would be around 117 million...

So yeah, he had no excuse really.
    Bulls didn't offer 4 yrs $96M. They offered 4 years starting at just under $17. That doesn't get to $96.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Bulls didn't offer 4 yrs $96M. They offered 4 years starting at just under $17. That doesn't get to $96.

Sorry.

Bulls offered 4 years 73 million, which over 5 years is around 90 and about 30 million short of the NY offer.

4 years 96 million was the Lakers. I got them mixed up.

I apologise

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Don't give us some BS excuse than about winning being more important than money.
    There are so many ridiculous assumptions in that one sentence.

So if he goes to chicago it's "winning", staying in new york its "money". Wow. So simple. If he goes to Chicago, he's not guaranteed ANYTHING. Nothing. Why should he move to a worse city and uproot his whole family for a possible better chance at winning? And for alot less money? What world do you live in? He's been in New York for 3 1/2 seasons. Ever think maybe he just LIKES being in New York and playing for Knicks?

And let's be clear...no matter where Melo went he would have got paid. ANYWHERE. You think he wouldn't have gotten paid if he truly 100% wanted Chicago? How naive are you?

He would have went to Bulls mgmt, and said "listen, I want to be Bull, but I have to get paid max money or close. make that happen and i'm yours. no compromise."

The Bulls would have kept Rose and Noah and immediately dumped Taj Gibson to another team to clear space...oh wait, you don't think that would happen? Really? They will miss out on Melo for Taj?

And of course, Melo would have got big money on Rockets or Lakers too.

At the end of the day, he got the money he wanted, in the city he wanted which he CHOSE to be in 3 1/2 years ago. With now Phil Jackson (you remember him right?) running the show, and a shit load of cap space 11 months from now to retool the team around Melo.

But keep convincing yourself Melo should have went to Chicago if he he cared about winning. Take care now...."but but but...Melo clearly is a loser....I'm mad!"

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    There are so many ridiculous assumptions in that one sentence.

So if he goes to chicago it's "winning", staying in new york its "money". Wow. So simple. If he goes to Chicago, he's not guaranteed ANYTHING. Nothing. Why should he move to a worse city and uproot his whole family for a possible better chance at winning? And for alot less money? What world do you live in? He's been in New York for 3 1/2 seasons. Ever think maybe he just LIKES being in New York and playing for Knicks?

And let's be clear...no matter where Melo went he would have got paid. ANYWHERE. You think he wouldn't have gotten paid if he truly 100% wanted Chicago? How naive are you?

He would have went to Bulls mgmt, and said "listen, I want to be Bull, but I have to get paid max money or close. make that happen and i'm yours. no compromise."

The Bulls would have kept Rose and Noah and immediately dumped Taj Gibson to another team to clear space...oh wait, you don't think that would happen? Really? They will miss out on Melo for Taj?

And of course, Melo would have got big money on Rockets or Lakers too.

At the end of the day, he got the money he wanted, in the city he wanted which he CHOSE to be in 3 1/2 years ago. With now Phil Jackson (you remember him right?) running the show, and a shit load of cap space 11 months from now to retool the team around Melo.

But keep convincing yourself Melo should have went to Chicago if he he cared about winning. Take care now...."but but but...Melo clearly is a loser....I'm mad!"
    You are Cavs fan now? If Melo likes NY or winning, the discount should be better than 5mil. Maybe you guys already discussed but I still don't get it.

melo mvp year inc

[COLOR="Magenta"]The bulls will not i repeat will not go far in the playoffs

they will b taken out b4 the the ecf

melo chose the right team

y play with a guy who will never b the same ever again? (rose)

And nyk has cap in 2015 the bulls dont [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Two ball-dominant scorers in Rose and Melo wasn't gonna work anyways..
    This is a myth. Rose was ball dominant only when he needed to be.