Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for new basketball shoes

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    They were in it's original packaging. In fact the kid pulled it out the box the first time since I had bought them (other than when I had pulled them out to post pics.
    The next Space Jam's that come out will probably have that blue-tinted ice on them which will go well with the blue jumpman. The blue tint is supposed to yellow a lot slower, and I've heard it's best to remove the paper and store the shoes in open ziploc bags inside the box to preserve them longer if you're thinking about having them deadstock.

I have VI's that still have the ice clear as vodka. I think the use a different compound for those one.
    I've seen fake XI's made with a similar compound which didn't yellow
    Nice. Retro VI's or OG's? I want to get some Black Infrared's next year, but I hate that Jordan is raising the price to $170. Turns out the rumors were true.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    I respect how you are able to treat these shoes the way they are intended to be treated, as shoes. Whenever I get my hands on a III or XI, I treat them with extreme care and wear them no more than twice a week. And, neither would ever see a basketball court. They each have features about them that deserve attention if you're like me and want to keep them looking new for as long as possible (midsole paint cracking on the III and icy sole yellowing on the XI).

I remember you said you sold some Space Jam XI's to a hipster kid on a skateboard. How much did you get for them and what was the condition of the icy soles?
    I couldn't imagine playing basketball in a pair of Jordans. It's amazing MJ did that his whole career.

If you have them you should wear them... any time you're in shorts or jeans is a good time to wear your Jordans. But to ball in? If I had a pair of IIIs or VIs?... (the two best ones I never did get) No way. I'd no more ball in those than I would inside the Sistine Chapel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    20 dollar pair of bball shoes at Marshalls> any 100+ shoe
    price value? maybe.
    quality of shoe? not even close

http://www.footlocker.com/product/mo...4500&size=11.5

new hyperdunks for 100. they are nice. lebrons are the best nikes you can buy. i like KDs shoes as well but not the low top ones.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    I couldn't imagine playing basketball in a pair of Jordans. It's amazing MJ did that his whole career.
    Why? Too heavy? They never did feel like great performance shoes to me even back in the OG higher quality days. What amazes me is how well he moved in them. But, I'm sure the ones custom-made for him on the court were souped-up somehow.

If I had a pair of IIIs or VIs?... (the two best ones I never did get) No way. I'd no more ball in those than I would inside the Sistine Chapel.
    nice way of putting it.

Especially these days. The paint jobs on those things are way too delicate.

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

What do you guys think about Rose 773 II?

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
    What do you guys think about Rose 773 II?

those are descent. i dont really like roses shoes besides 1.5s and the first crazylights

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    those are descent. i dont really like roses shoes besides 1.5s and the first crazylights
    I tried them on, they seem a little too narrow. Don't know if breaking them in would help so I didn't buy em... Need shoes for this season tho, preferably something light and easy to move in

Why? Too heavy? They never did feel like great performance shoes to me
    Oh no; the performance on most Jordans (so I've heard) was good for its era.

But you don't buy a Ferrari to race in; you buy a Ferrari to drive 2 miles an hour in. You find some hatchback and throw in a couple turbos if you want to race.

I've balled in XVIIIs and XI and XIIIs and XIVs. Performance was awesome for all four. The XIVs are a really underrated shoe.

I had those D Rose shoes for a minute, didn't like em... Too narrow for the length... I got the adi zero ghost 2 (blue) and the crazy light 2 (red) and couple others for next season... Still need my go-to shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    hyperdunk 2013s
    Are they actually good? I got this $150 gift card to use so I might just grab those...