Thread: Who do we want?

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Who do we want?

Reports are Rondo is the primary target with Dragic being the back up plan and Deron or Brooke being the back up back up plan

personally i'd love to see Rondo in purple & gold, plays great defense and makes his teammates better.

Who would the third piece be if we got Rondo or Dragic? Somebody not too old still with some upside? Or a solidified all star who can help us compete for championships immediately?

I've got a feeling that if we somehow get Rondo (which I believe is very likely) we may hold off again until 2016 when WB and KD are free agents to be

Default Re: Who do we want?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Reports are Rondo is the primary target with Dragic being the back up plan and Deron or Brooke being the back up back up plan

personally i'd love to see Rondo in purple & gold, plays great defense and makes his teammates better.

Who would the third piece be if we got Rondo or Dragic? Somebody not too old still with some upside? Or a solidified all star who can help us compete for championships immediately?

I've got a feeling that if we somehow get Rondo (which I believe is very likely) we may hold off again until 2016 when WB and KD are free agents to be
    Hmm, Rondo or Dragic or Deron. Good question.

I don't see Dragic leaving Suns for less than close to max. Some teams out there will offer max 4 years, which I am always concerned about. I don't like longer than 3 year guaranteed deals due to injury risks unless if it is a superstar. Suns will offer 5 years IMO - that is why I see Dragic sticking around with Phoenix.

Deron Williams.. I see him leaving Brooklyn unless if Brook Lopez starts to dominate and living up to his potential. I have no issues with Deron's game.. only his heart. Too often, he has shriveled under pressure since Jerry Sloan-Jazz days when he was awesome. He used to go head-on with Kobe for stretches. We would need that Deron back for me to be sold.

Rondo is leaving Boston through a trade or FA for sure. His shooting is still questionable and I have questions of his leadership. He does thrive under pressure, plays great defense, very versatile, strong for his size.

They all have different question marks, but I would say Rondo's defensive prowess puts his full value over Deron & Dragic. TBH, we need a good draft pick.. Gotta get good C or SF to put next to Randle, Kobe and Rondo.. That means the player must have shooting range if he is SF. Otherwise, teams will stack the paint & lock us down easily with no range.

Overall, I believe Deron would be better fit alongside Kobe as he can spread the floor and make his FTs. Rondo cannot do that and he cannot hit his FTs either.. 32% FT shooting this season, 62% last.. pshhh, worse than Dwight *facepalm*

NBA lottery pick

Deron Williams just isn't the player he used to be. I wouldn't want to pay him a ton of money.

Rondo is probably getting traded. The Lakers don't have any assets that people would want. Maybe Lin's expiring contract would be nice for some teams. I can't see the Celtics letting him walk for nothing.

High School Varsity 6th Man

If we're going to get anyone we're probably going to have to give up some combination of Jordan Hill, Wayne Ellington, and Jeremy Lin. With that said, there are some players that I think can help this team win now.

Seth Curry
    Lance Stephenson
    Greg Monroe
    Brook Lopez
    Mason Plumlee
    Rajon Rondo
    Goran Dragic
    Ray Allen
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Quincy Miller
    Last edited by kkinchen; 12-16-2014 at 02:48 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Right now it's going to take a 1st round pick to get Greg Monroe. I don't think the Lakers are going to give that up.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

don't bother about signing a big man, this will take care of it:

we need to sign a good wing player/facilitator/kobe replacement. too bad kobe won't allow us to finish in the bottom 3, might as well trade next year's pick for defense-oriented center
    Last edited by magic chiongson; 12-18-2014 at 01:36 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson

we need to sign a good wing player/facilitator/kobe replacement. too bad kobe won't allow us to finish in the bottom 3, might as well trade next year's pick for defense-oriented center
    The Lakers would be able to draft a guy who might be able to do that in the top 3 or top 5. Two picks isn't going to make or break the season as long as they're top 5. Outside of that they can't trade it. It goes to Phoenix. Just hope they finish with a top 5 pick. Most of the projected lottery guys so far are big men. I think that's kind of unfortunate for the Lakers though. They could use a guard with that pick. Right now it only looks like Mudiay will be a top pick and he could actually be the #1 pick.