Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

more I think about it, more I'm reminded of Michael Finley's departure from SA a few years ago... veteran player on his last legs complaining about his role and minutes... team and player eventually had enough, waived during the season.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    more I think about it, more I'm reminded of Michael Finley's departure from SA a few years ago... veteran player on his last legs complaining about his role and minutes... team and player eventually had enough, waived during the season.
    Great, does that mean Jax will come to Boston and suck like Finley?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    How...Why...could somebody explain to me why would they do this?
    Cause he is a Jack-ass that hurts team chemistry?

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Cause he is a Jack-ass that hurts team chemistry?

That's Captain Jack-ass to you, buddy.

Local High School Star

1st round exit.............

Good High School Starter

Pop must have a good reason to get rid of Jax.

On the bright side,the Spurs finally have a healthy starting lineup.The team still has hope to make the WCF.

Don't think Finley complained about his role and minutes - he thought Spurs were a sinking ship before ASKING to be let go. He went to Boston and the irony is that Spurs and Manu in particular then went on a roll. Think Boston lost before the Spurs that playoffs.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

I think they're just giving up. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Timmy and Tony sit out the playoffs.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    I think they're just giving up. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Timmy and Tony sit out the playoffs.
    Jackson ****ing sucks this season. Intangibles, heart, toughness, all that other bullshit Spurs fans bring up when it come to Jack doesn't mean shit. Dude was taking space on the floor. 6 ppg on 38% shooting LOL. He was ****ing slow all year. Tim will bring it this post season. Tony and MANU will be ready by the second round. Leonard wil play 36 mins a game. Let's ****ing go Spurs!!

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    Jackson ****ing sucks this season. Intangibles, heart, toughness, all that other bullshit Spurs fans bring up when it come to Jack doesn't mean shit. Dude was taking space on the floor. 6 ppg on 38% shooting LOL. He was ****ing slow all year. Tim will bring it this post season. Tony and MANU will be ready by the second round. Leonard wil play 36 mins a game. Let's ****ing go Spurs!!

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    Honestly it's over. The team just sucks. We were the best team last year, and should've won the championship, and we choked. Now it's over. It's time to rebuild. No way we win the 2nd round, and I think even Houston has a decent chance at beating us.

It's Stephen Jackson. He's an idiot. He plays with massive heart and is a clutch player but he's a moron and a malcontent. How is this surprising at all?

Book 'em Dan'l

I hope the Spurs know what they're doing. The shooting guard/small forward slots are very thin at the moment with manu out. Right now, it's only Leonard, Green, de Colo, and Neal. Unless they're planning on playing Mills and Joseph more at the shooting guard position?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Don't think Finley complained about his role and minutes - he thought Spurs were a sinking ship before ASKING to be let go. He went to Boston and the irony is that Spurs and Manu in particular then went on a roll. Think Boston lost before the Spurs that playoffs.
    He did. I don't know if there's any public comments from him, but at the time he was dissatisfied with losing the starting job to newly acquired Richard Jefferson. Finley was much more professional all around, but what's common is both of their roles shrunk, both were having poor seasons, and both wanted to leave mid season (reportedly, spurs and jackson were talking about separation around the AS break). Only difference is the timing. Very strategic if you ask me, but who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Jackson has a history of outbursts alot more than Pop though.

College star

He did. I don't know if there's any public comments from him, but at the time he was dissatisfied with losing the starting job to newly acquired Richard Jefferson. Finley was much more professional all around, but what's common is both of their roles shrunk, both were having poor seasons, and both wanted to leave mid season (reportedly, spurs and jackson were talking about separation around the AS break). Only difference is the timing. Very strategic if you ask me, but who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Jackson has a history of outbursts alot more than Pop though.
    I could have sworn Finley left way before Jefferson arrived.