NBA Superstar

Default Minnesota's Season Could Not Have Worked Out Better

While losing can be brutal, and Minnesota might well end up with the worst record in the league, this situation could not have been more fortuitous.

With Brewer gone and Pek, Rubio and Martin all out injured, the Wolves can truly see what they have going forward with Wiggins, Muhammed, Lavine, Dieng and Bennett. right now there is 130-140 extra minutes of playing time up for grabs each night and we are getting a good look at the youngsters, and more importantly the kids are getting a lot of reps and responsibilities and improvement is obvious.

The young roster means a higher draft pick. With all the vets in tow we would be looking at 30-35 wins, now the win total could well be in the teens and a top three draft pick is a real possibility adding another blue chipper to the stable.

Once the FO gets a better idea of how they want this team constructed going forward, they can package a vet with a 'potential' piece and get a quality piece in return. Essential, with the draft pick, Minnesota is looking to add 3 quality pieces next season to go with their young stars and whichever vets they decide to keep thus creating a solid nucleus.

Basically they are giving reps to their future stars, assessing talent and planning ahead in a year where the West is so tough they wouldn't have done shit anyways.

Very interesting team going forward, a lot of decisions to make.
    Last edited by JtotheIzzo; 01-08-2015 at 01:28 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Minnesota's Season Could Not Have Worked Out Better

I always knew Shabazz had it in him

Hopefully the can get Okafor from the draft.

Would have a formidable frontline, and a great backcourt as well. Only problem will be defense once again.

Learning to shoot layups shejan's Avatar

Brewer's on the Rockets..

Wiggins looking like a superstar in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by shejan

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by shejan
    yes, let me amend the OP

Decent college freshman

I agree with a lot of what you said and disagree somewhat, just because Flip made a couple mistakes imo. I didn't like the Thad Young trade because of his potential to leave after just 1 year and I like it less now that the MIA pick looks like it'll be around 16. I think Thad is ideally a spark plug combo forward off the bench on a contender, not as a piece on a rebuilding squad (even though he's just in his mid 20s).

I think they should have traded Pekovic last summer either before or after the Love trade. Taking expiring deals + a first for him was doable last summer, but I doubt he's movable for a while until he proves he's healthy. I think he's a guy who'll miss 15-20 games per year and with his defensive problems, requires an excellent defensive PF alongside him. That or he pulls a David Lee and becomes a 3rd big. There were whispers that Martin could have been traded last summer, but I'm not too sure.

I'm glad that the young guys are getting a shot to play though. Flip needs to figure out what he has instead of stupidly chasing the highest # of wins this year (likely why he traded for Young and didn't move more of his vets). I think if they have some lotto luck and can land one of the potentially great bigs in this draft, they'll be in a nice position moving forward. Towns' combo of defense/perimeter game/potential would allow him to play alongside Pek, Dieng, & others. Think he's a nice fit for this time. If they get Okafor, may as well move Pek because you can't play them together.
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 01-08-2015 at 01:41 PM.