Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-10-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default What to do with Chris Mihm?

Once he returns from his injury, what do you guys think we should do with him?

Will he be behind Ronny in the rotation? Don't forget that we also have Mbenga on his second 10-day contract, but I haven't heard any news of the Lakers keeping him for the season.

..Or do you think we should trade him..?

NOTE: This season we are paying him $2.2 mil and next season it will be $2.5.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What to do with Chris Mihm?

I only wish he could come back to the player he once was.
For the time being, I just want to see him come back healthy. We can still use him for 5-10 min a game.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:11 AM   #3
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

I would hope they drop Mbenga and use Mihm as the backup C, he is more of a scoring threat then Mbenga will ever be. Ronny can play backup PF or SF.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #4
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24

Will he be behind Ronny in the rotation? Don't forget that we also have Mbenga on his second 10-day contract, but I haven't heard any news of the Lakers keeping him for the season.

Lakers should keep him by all means. They have 3 7'0 footers and Mihm would serve as a good reserve center or PF.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He will be the backup center.
Turiaf will be the backup PF.

The greater question is what to do with Luke/VRad/Ariza? Odom becomes the starting SF, so where does it leave those 3 guys?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #6
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo

The greater question is what to do with Luke/VRad/Ariza? Odom becomes the starting SF, so where does it leave those 3 guys?

Ariza will be in for defense purposes, Vlad for scoring...Luke maybe will get time to heal? I dunno. Depends on the matchup who will play more on any given night.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:29 AM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you gotta have 13 guys on the roster at least...none of the guys mentioned are making the big bucks per se so you keep em...that's what makes the bench deep, having guys at the 10 11 12 spots that would be 6th or 7th men on other teams is what it's all about... add they all know the system (cept mbenga) so why move them out only to replace them with a similar talent or worse that doesn't know the system...

Quote:
coming off the bench, situational type of things... each has his only defining quality which is great... they are not 3 guys that have the same basic game.. when you look at the team we are really set up well, no two players are an exact copy of each other...farmar and fisher are the closest and that's good because it adds a seamless transition between the PG spot... but otherwise the bench has really decent role players that phil can use i a ton of different ways... it will be fun watching how they develop and phil uses them

Last edited by gts : 02-11-2008 at 12:37 AM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #8
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo

I'd put Ariza be backup for Lamar and bench Luke until he improves like Bynum and Farmar did. Same with VRad. On their sucky nights, limit their minutes.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:06 AM   #9
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
I would hope they drop Mbenga and use Mihm as the backup C, he is more of a scoring threat then Mbenga will ever be. Ronny can play backup PF or SF.

I like the heart Mbenga plays with, the guy comes in and plays hard underneath.

With a healthy Bynum OR Gasol, Mbenga can come in for either and not be depended on to score if one of them is hurt or in foul trouble. If we play Shaq thats 6 fouls when we hack-a-Shaq :)
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24

Phoenix could use a center who can run, jump and actually get both feet off the ground at the same time........lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #11
lakers_fan4life
Serious playground baller

lakers_fan4life has decent reputation

i TEll you what we do with him.......... get rid of his ass how ever we can when ever we can i swear man this guy sucks (he can play sometimes) but he stays hurt all the time we have wasted a lot of money on him and i cant stand seeing his name on our roster any longer we got bynum, pau, and turiaf who all know how to play that position and we evern got mbenga haha but we could get a decent player out of mihm im thinkin ya know............. thats just what i think there might be some chris mihm lovers on this lakers forum but the only reason i like him is because he is a laker thats it........ other than the fact he wears purple and gold I HATE HIM!!!!
lakers_fan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #12
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How quickly everyone forgets he was having a career year before he got injured in 05/06, 26.1 miutes, 10.2 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 1.41 blocks.

Does anyone really believe DJ is capable of that this year? No way, he'd foul out three times if he played 26 minutes lol.

Lakers4life, hate? You can't hate the guy for getting injured then signing a very reasonable 2.5 mil deal.

This guy can ball and can be a valuable role player for the Lakers. He's been terrible this year because he was forced into extended minutes way too early due to injuries to other guys and his injury wasn not healed.

The Lakers did the right thing to shut him down until he is fully healed.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
How quickly everyone forgets he was having a career year before he got injured in 05/06, 26.1 miutes, 10.2 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 1.41 blocks.

Does anyone really believe DJ is capable of that this year? No way, he'd foul out three times if he played 26 minutes lol.

Lakers4life, hate? You can't hate the guy for getting injured then signing a very reasonable 2.5 mil deal.

This guy can ball and can be a valuable role player for the Lakers. He's been terrible this year because he was forced into extended minutes way too early due to injuries to other guys and his injury wasn not healed.

I agree no need to hate on mihm, he was very servicable before his injury but even this year, he was not even close to that level. Looks like hes going to be out even longer with another foot surgery. But at 2.5 mil, thtas pretty cheap in NBA terms. I dont think theres anyone we can get for him, and I'd rather keep him than buying him out. I really dont see him having much of an impact on this team other than 6 fouls even when he comes back healthy. When him and bynum come back, theres gonna be a logjam at the 4 and 5, and i see mihm as the odd man out. Hes been realy bas this year, but he works hard and doesnt have the bball IQ of kwame so thats a plus:)
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #14
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Mhim actually fits the Laker 2nd team well once he gets healthy. He should certainly not even try to play until he is healthy though. Lakers 2nd unit will be ridiculous next year if he is healthy, with 7 guys that could see a lot of minutes:
Farmar
Ariza
Turiaf
Sasha
Walton
Vlad
Mihm

The real fight is going to be whether Odom and Fisher end up on the 2nd unit, with Farmar and Ariza starting. If they do, I think they would be the best 2nd team in the league, by a wide margin. Odom could have a shot at SMOTY.
Also, Luke is going to need to do a lot of work over the Summer, or his minutes will disappear completely.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod

Spot on my friend. My only issue is that its not the time to feel sorry for someone injured. We got more important matters now and thats to focus on improving on our record as well as getting the more important pieces to this team such as Bynum and Ariza healthy.

I loved Mihm so much and I still do but I honestly have no reason to believe he will ever return somewhere close to his career year.

His defense has fallen off, his offense is mediocre, and he can't run. What should we do with him? Let his contract run out, let him walk. We cannot get value in return with him but thats not his fault at all.

Perhaps 2 years ago we would have gotten good value for him but injuries kill us all and he is not to blame at all. He's always shown up ready to go and committed.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: