Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ESPN: Kobe: Lakers Ready to Roll Before Playoffs

Here starts the most important part of the Lakers regular season journey. We will know exactly where the Lakers stand going into the playoffs in the next 6 weeks. Get pumped Laker fans. We gonna roll, boys.

Quote:
Bryant, who won his fourth All-Star MVP, was still recuperating from a hectic weekend after the Lakers' first practice at home since Feb. 4. The break, however, didn't mean Bryant had totally forgotten about the Lakers' current three-game losing streak, highlighted by embarrassing losses to Charlotte and Cleveland.

"I'm concerned but it's no different than last season or the season before that," Bryant said. "There's always concern, look at San Antonio, they have the same level of concern we do. Just like things are rolling, things can fall apart. Everybody is concerned at this point."

With 25 games left in the season, the Lakers (38-19) currently have the third best record in the West and the sixth best record in the league. While they might not be able to catch the 46-10 Spurs for the top spot in the league, the Lakers are within four games of claiming the second best record in the league, which would at least give them home court in the Finals if they are able to get past the Spurs.

"There's an excitement to building up to the postseason and getting better each game and we're ready to go," Bryant said. "It makes it a lot easier. [The regular season] is a marathon, when you see the finish line you tend to pick up your speed a little bit."

Jackson said the Lakers' place in the standings and the amount of games left in the season should raise the urgency of a team which has looked bored at times this season waiting for the playoff to come around.

"It's a manageable amount of games to look at," Jackson said. "We're sitting on less than two months [to] play. We're very comfortable with where we're at right now. We're not happy with it but we're going to be in the playoffs and we're going to have a position and we want to make it the best we can have it."

As much as the Lakers have struggled as of late in losing three straight and six of their last 11 games, Odom said the Lakers are looking forward to this stretch run of the season heading into the playoffs and defending their championship.

"It's going to be fun. It's going to be a fight," Odom said. "Other teams are looking to dethrone us and nobody wants to watch us win a third straight championship. It's going to be competitive and I'm looking forward to it. We've become accustomed to play until June and we don't feel like anything should change."

After practice, Bryant was still reflective not only about the twilight of the regular season but also the twilight of his career and the opportunity to pass on what he has learned to younger players at the All-Star Game. When Bryant was asked how he feels about being an elder statesman he simply laughed.

"It doesn't matter to me," he said. "You can't beat me in June. All the other stuff doesn't matter."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6145839
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: ESPN: Kobe: Lakers Ready to Roll Before Playoffs

Sorry guys.......as badly as I want us to win this championship.....for several reasons, I am so sick and tired of the "Wait until June" attitude.....I feel like I'm at the movie theater watching 20 hours of previews just to watch a 2 hour movie......I'm very irritated by it at this point. It's disrespectful to the game of basketball, to the fans, to the league, it's sets the wrong example for young players etc.....If this wasn't my beloved Lakers I would have a whole lot more to say. I hope to god they pull this off this year and that a new coach does not allow this stuff anymore.

On another note......compare how we are bringing our young players along with how the Spurs are bringing theirs along.....it's like night and day.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I hope that the Lakers are ready to roll. I hope that the other players find their motivation. I know, I hope, Kobe has found his motivation (all star game comments) in order to throw another log on the fire. The bench has to find their fire and go!

This is coach Jackson's last season. We should cowboy up and let the Zen Master ride out in style. Let's go, Lakers!!!!
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
The Lake Show24
Kids at the park dunk on me

The Lake Show24 has an OK reputation so far

all we can do is wait and see....i'm very excited to see this stretch run. Should give us a very good idea of where the teams mentality is at. starts tonight with ATL!!
The Lake Show24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: