Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Bill Simmons: "If LeBron wants to win rings, he'll go to Oklahoma City Thunder"

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Kaman MIGHT be able to be moved for expirers, but then all of a sudden the team is missing a quality center.

Thornton is an option. you are right. You don't think they would pick that up? You think they'll just let him and his cheap contract go?

Also, the Clippers are one of the worst organizations in professional sports ever. You think Lebron's legacy is to be a Clipper? Wow....and play in the shadow of the Lakers? C'mon....I seriously doubt it.

But the question is moot, because right now, Clips won't have cap space.
    agreed lebron ain't going to the clippers. anybody know what the pacers cap space will look like in 2010.

Default Re: Bill Simmons: "If LeBron wants to win rings, he'll go to Oklahoma City Thunder"

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Wow, Thornton is damn overrated.
    He's not overrated. Just dirt cheap. Why are they giving away a young, productive Thornton that makes less than $3 million?

Is Bill Simmons an idiot?

If LeBron wants to win multiple wings he should sign with the Clippers, Nets or Knicks, but He probably stay with the Cavaliers now that the Cleveland Browns are out of town.

OKC Thunder probably win less than 30 games next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Kaman could definitely be moved for at least expirers if it comes down to it.

Also, isn't Thorton's 4th year a team option? According to ********* it is... that could save them $2.8m. It'd be a shame to lose him for nothing but for Lebron...

Realistically, I wouldn't expect Lebron to go to the Clippers because of their stigma but, all things considered, it is the best option for him.

Best team, one of the best markets, best weather, best women, hollywood...
    its a second class citizen team in the same building and same city as his biggest rival kobe. do you really think there is even a .0000001% chance this is what lebron is looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Is Bill Simmons an idiot?

If LeBron wants to win multiple wings he should sign with the Clippers, Nets or Knicks, but He probably stay with the Cavaliers now that the Cleveland Browns are out of town.

OKC Thunder probably win less than 30 games next year.
    I won't call you an idiot but I'd listen to Simmons over you in a heartbeat.

If you don't think the Sonics have a better core then anyone else be it Cleveland, NJ, NY or the Clips you're either stupid or a liar. They are so talented and so young.

I rule the local playground

LeBron in Oklahoma City

PG: Russell Westbrook/Shaun Livingston
    SG: James Harden/Thabo Sefolosha
    SF: Kevin Durant/LeBron James/Jeff Green
    PF: LeBron James/Jeff Green/Nick Collison
    C: Nenad Krstic/Nick Collison

D-League:
    Byron Mullens
    Serge Ibaka
    DJ White

Need another shooter, easy to find
    Need a low post rebounder, and solid defender who can get 10-12 boards a game.

Tell me that team wont scare the **** out of you for the next 10 years?
    Last edited by AlThornton; 09-09-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlThornton
    LeBron in Oklahoma City

PG: Russell Westbrook/Shaun Livingston
    SG: James Harden/Thabo Sefolosha
    SF: Kevin Durant/LeBron James/Jeff Green
    PF: LeBron James/Jeff Green/Nick Collison
    C: Nenad Krstic/Nick Collison

D-League:
    Byron Mullens
    Serge Ibaka
    DJ White

Need another shooter, easy to find
    Need a low post rebounder, and solid defender who can get 10-12 boards a game.

Tell me that team wont scare the **** out of you for the next 10 years?
    Bill, that you????

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T

If you don't think the Sonics have a better core then anyone else be it Cleveland, NJ, NY or the Clips you're either stupid or a liar. They are so talented and so young.
    you call him an idiot but clearly the topic is too difficult for you. EVERYONE knows there is a better younger core there. Buts its OKC. If he leaves Cleveland, its because he decided Cleveland is too small a market for him. SO he'd go to OKC? It's ridiculous.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    you call him an idiot but clearly the topic is too difficult for you. EVERYONE knows there is a better younger core there. Buts its OKC. If he leaves Cleveland, its because he decided Cleveland is too small a market for him. SO he'd go to OKC? It's ridiculous.
    you're assuming he would leave solely based on market size? maybe he want's a better team around him, coach, or management... market size should be the last thing that would determine where he wants to play. winning titles anywhere is better for a players career than playing in a big market and getting booted out of the playoffs year after year.
    if lebron is serious he'll make his move or stay put based on what gives him the best chance at long term success, be it new york, oralando, okc or cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by niko

LeBron with the New York Knicks.

How many wins?

C- Jordan Hill
    F- Danilo Gallinari
    F- LeBron James
    G- Wilson Chandler
    G- Nate Robinson

They still need to sign another dominant PF/C cause I am not sure if Gallinari is going to be a decent starting PF in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T

You are completely correct in your assemsment of the talent and core of each team. OKC does have the best core in the game, but the thing that NJN offers to LeBron is the ability to sign another bonafide superstar player in Bosh as well. I just use Bosh as an example, but Wade, etc could be plugged in as well. You can't convince me (Unless Durant gets to his full potential, something I have my doubts on) that a Durant/Bron combo would be better than a Bosh/Bron combo would be, and the supporting players would be much better IMO. Harris, Lopez, their pick this year looks to be quite good to, they will also have a lottery pick next year, and Lee coming off the bench. They will be an amazing team and the best part is that because of Lopez and their lotto picks they will still be dominant once LeBron and Bosh begin to decline because Lopez, etc will be entering their primes and ready to dominate. I would be excited to watch that team over any other.

How many wins?

C- Jordan Hill
    F- Danilo Gallinari
    F- LeBron James
    G- Wilson Chandler
    G- Nate Robinson

They still need to sign another dominant PF/C cause I am not sure if Gallinari is going to be a decent starting PF in the NBA.
    No such thing as defense.

Good college starter

How many wins?

C- Jordan Hill
    F- Danilo Gallinari
    F- LeBron James
    G- Wilson Chandler
    G- Nate Robinson

i dont like that line up at all. If we just go by current rosters id say clippers would be best fit (outside of cleveland)

PB you can kiss ass man. You damn well know you are misrepresenting what he said. You did it at least twice today in threads about him.

You are the one starting the threads and you should be able to provide the word for word text. Not people who also listened and know you are full of it.

The whole context of what he was talking about was LeBron needs a legit allstar player to grow old with instead of a team being forced to juggle around him every year with vets like the Cavs are doing.

Then for some of you to act like he would be going to basketball hell is flat out stupid. You pair LeBron with Durant and the young players OKC has and yes, you probably will win titles.

westbrook(future all star)
    Harden(future all star)
    Durant(allstar next year, future mvp)
    Lebron(all star,mvp)

2 first rounder next year