Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: So Bran is the best player

OP do you need us to call someone?

3-time NBA All-Star

I know its hard for bran stans to accept that they have low IQs. But its just what it is. Hes not even more impactful than pierce yet people are overrating like hes on the same level as jordan. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    I know its hard for bran stans to accept that they have low IQs. But its just what it is. Hes not even more impactful than pierce yet people are overrating like hes on the same level as jordan. LOL

Take it from me.

Your post was a steaming pile of dogshit and I dislike Lebron strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Take it from me.

I think the guy is trolling a bit here, but he does raise some legitimate points at times. We had a quality discussion about ball-dominant players in this thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=352225

Did Miami underachieve? Maybe. They were never truly dominant, outside of the 2013 regular season IMO. LeBron and Wade were beasting in 2011, but they were just taking turns to me, no semblance of quality team play.

Boston underachieved too, but injuries were a legitimate concern. I'm not complaining since we got two titles out of it, but if KG never gets hurt in 09, Boston threepeats. Injuries were somewhat of a concern for Miami as well, since Wade fell off in a very real way (though maybe he was doomed from the start when he had his meniscus removed instead of repaired...Rose was smart, and if he doesn't have any other injuries, longevity shouldn't be an issue for him).

Luck is a big factor I guess. Both teams probably should've done more, but they weren't healthy enough.

yet pierce's big 3 is better despite a lesser player. I really cant understand this logic. Are bran stans really these genius that I cant reach their level of analysis or the other way around?
    Have you EVER made a thread that wasn't about LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    They're similar impact players, and KG is less ball-dominant.

I don't have a GOAT list, but if I did, KG would rate very highly. I know he's polarizing so I won't get into specifics.
    I like to distinguish between GOAT and then the players who were actually better at basketball.

For instance, Kobe easily deserves a spot on the top ten for career achievements and accolades, but I'd probably sneak him in my top 15 for actual on-the-court impact.

Duncan is another - his beautiful career warrants a top 10 placement, but I definitely think there have been at least 10-15 players who were better than he was at basketball.

In terms of true impact as a player, I've got Garnett ahead of both Bean and Duncan... but still behind LeBron.

I respect your opinion though, as usual.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    First of all, Bosh was injured for almost that entire series.

Second of all...

Prime Miami was 2011.....and they finished the Celtics in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    I am arguing Miami > Boston, but you really can't read too much into the 2011 series since Rondo played half of it on one arm.

High School Starter

I am arguing Miami > Boston, but you really can't read too much into the 2011 series since Rondo played half of it on one arm.
    The series was 2-1 and lets' be honest it wouldn't have made a difference. That was Wade and LeBron's best playoff series together.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR

yeah when its clear that celtics are already struggling even before the playoffs coz of the stupid perkins trade. Boston were the favorites b4 that btw

3-time NBA All-Star

Take it from me.

LOL i know youre a bran Homer. And tell me if its stupid to expect celtics to win more if they teamed same age as miami.

LOL i know youre a bran Homer. And tell me if its stupid to expect celtics to win more if they teamed same age as miami.

3-time NBA All-Star

as expected from a beta who now denies his affiliation with bran once he lost. LOL And worse is that he acts as a bulls fan to hide his homerism for bran. LOLOL what a loser.

as expected from a beta who now denies his affiliation with bran once he lost. LOL And worse is that he acts as a bulls fan to hide his homerism for bran. LOLOL what a loser.

Duncan is another - his beautiful career warrants a top 10 placement, but I definitely think there have been at least 10-15 players who were better than he was at basketball.

In terms of true impact as a player, I've got Garnett ahead of both Bean and Duncan... but still behind LeBron.
    You are underrating Duncan..he is one of the highest impact players in history, there's just no way I could name 15 players with a higher offensive and defensive impact better than peak TD.

His 2001-2003 peak is one of the most underrated peaks ever.

In those peak years in the postseason he averaged 26/15/5/4/1 on 57% TS, 29.3 PER, while being a GOAT-caliber defensive anchor.

In that 2003 championship run he put up 24/17/5/5/1 on 55% TS in the Finals with a near quadruple double in the closeout game...109 ORTG / 83 DRTG

If we value defense as we should, Duncan had one of the most dominant championship runs you'll ever see, that was the prime example of carrying a mediocre cast to a title. I shudder to think what he could've done if he had prime TP and/or prime Manu back then, they would've been one of the most dominant teams ever.

Both ends of the floor considered, you could argue his 2-way impact is greater than anyone in the past 40 years except MJ, Shaq, Kareem, and maybe Hakeem. Everyone else is debatable, and I personally have Duncan right ahead of them all.