Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: I feel sorry for Jeremy Lamb

he can get all the shots he wants in the d league

Banned

Individual bases.

For every Darko(top lottery) who was in a bad development situation, there's also players like these who barely played in their rookie season, sometimes sophomore too.

McHale - 20 mins rookie season
    Reggie Miller - 22 mins rookie season
    Kobe - 15 mins rookie season, 26 sophomore
    Dirk - 20 mins rookie season, 36 sophomore
    Nash - 10 mins rookie season, 22 sophomore
    Rondo - 23 mins rookie season
    Harden - 23 mins rookie season

By the way, Lamb is a 12th overall pick. He's not even a Top 5 prospect. He's not going to get the green light right out the gate, especially when you have Durant, Westbrook and Martin as the top 3 scorers on your team.

In the end if you're destined to be good you are going to be good. Reggie and Kobe didn't had a lot of minutes when they started but they became stars on their team through practice and the will to be the best in the league (and for the money too). He just have to practice, practice and practice and his chance will come. Ask Jeremy Lin he's another fine example about practice and perseverance and he's not even that good.

I can't tell if people are being sarcastic in this thread or not...

But, a young player just got traded to an organization that is the best in the NBA since it began. They have done nothing but good things, they get better every season, and all their players get along great. If you're part of OKC you are a winner.

There are players who land in winning organization when they're young and there are players who don't. Players who have had this kind of thing happen to them include Kobe Bryant, Tony Parker, and Rajon Rondo.

How many players do you know who have started right away upon landing in San Antonio? If it's a great organization it takes time to earn your spot. The point is a young player's in a great organization. He's lucky. You should be jealous of him. So he doesn't get to have a sloppy, inconsistent rookie year where he gets too many minute because his team has no other options... boo hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    You can put as much time as you want but if you have no experience in this level you'll never get better. If Lamb was with any other team that wasn't a contender nobody would be talking about him having to earn his spot in training. Most rookies that were picked at around the same time as Lamb are all getting valuable time at this level. And not only that, but they are getting to learn from their mistakes.
    okc is in a win now situation and they have depth at his current position. and the players there are young, very young. they have no time/spots to be fckin around throwing rookies in there. on this okc team, you have to earn your minutes. unless you're perkins. he has dirt on brooks

Decent college freshman

OKC will probably trade him and the Toronto pick for a big somewhere down the line.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Man is this a shitty move for him. I was really excited about his future. He had the chance to develop in a weaker team, with him potentially becoming the main man, taking obviously way more shots and getting better stats which in a few year will lead to a better contract.

Now he's in the shadows of all these stars in OKC, he won't get the same opportunities and time with a contender like OKC like a weak team like Houston.

Very unfortunate move for him.
    he basically gonna be reggie jackson's d-league/ summer league backcourt teammate for years to come.