Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Sam Presti Screwed Up

I mean he royally f***ed up by trading Harden and it's painfully obvious now. Should've kept Harden and figured out what to do after the season. Either match an offer or agree to a sign and trade with someone this summer. Martin has not become nothing more than a streaky spot-up shooter, and Westbrook and Durant have to shoulder way too much of the offensive load.

Oh, and Durant needs to stop being a little bitch looking for a foul call every play, and go back to playing through the contact and how he was playing before the All-Star break. If he doesn't, we may get beat in the first round.

I know Denver is really good, but that loss tonight was unacceptable. The Nuggets coming off an OT game last night in Chicago and they straight up kicked our ass....in OKC.

Right now the top 5 teams in the West, in my opinion...

1. Spurs (with a healthy and 100% Parker for the playoffs)
    2a. Nuggets
    2b. Grizzlies
    4. Thunder
    5. Clippers

And I have the Thunder ahead of the Clippers only because we just beat them in LA last week. But right now we'd lose a best-of-seven to the Spurs, Nuggets, and Grizzlies in 5 or 6 games. I will almost 100% guarantee a new Western Conference representative in the Finals this year. Not that it matters, because the playoffs are just a formality...no one's beating Miami. But whoever it is sure as hell will put up a better fight than the Thunder would.
    Last edited by KG215; 03-19-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Default Re: Sam Presti Screwed Up

I recall reading here that y'all thunder fans were boasting that losing Harden for Martin didn't affect you guys much in terms of winning percentage and contribution. Haha what happened?

But yea, Harden's intangibles such as playmaking were very valuable.

He disappeared in the finals like LeBron in 2011.

Well, maybe not THAT bad, but still... That was a main part of this decision.

**** you James Harden, he's an egotistical bastard and a complete moron. **** that guy.

I think Martin has been great. He plays well off the star guys, but there isn't enough for the rest of the team. 4 guys make up your offense...and none of them can play inside.

I still think Brooks has done an awesome job setting up the offense. I still maintain Durant doesn't get doubled much, for a guy in his position. But at some point you can't just get by on being better and energetic. You guys are up for it every now but the great teams can play you.

And if you look at the Lakers...their talent is still there. Their 4 is better than yours. It's not ridiculous to think they can get it together and something happens.

Banned

Weren't you defending that move too?

NBA Fan

Not only did Sam Presti trade James Harden to keep Kendrick Perkins, but he also traded Jeff Green to actually get Perkins from the Celtics. Kendrick Perkins might have potentially cost the Thunder a chance at winning a championship or even becoming a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    Not only did Sam Presti trade James Harden to keep Kendrick Perkins, but he also traded Jeff Green to actually get Perkins from the Celtics. Kendrick Perkins might have potentially cost the Thunder a chance at winning a championship or even becoming a dynasty.
    Hindsight is 20/20.

Green was contemplating retirement because of his heart condition and Perkins really helped us become "legit" the first two years in a Thunder uni.

The James Harden trade hurt us much more than the Perkins one.

The trade has been discussed over 1000000000000 times here on ish... get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121

Jeff Green for Kendrick Perkins initially was a steal for OKC because GREEN WAS OUT FOR AN ENTIRE SEASON, and was on the verge of ending his career because of the heart. It really pisses me when people just comment on stuff they don't know about.

Thunder ahead of Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
    Weren't you defending that move too?
    Yes, when Martin was playing well. And he's still not playing terribly, but it's just become more and more obvious over the last month or so that this current Thunder roster can't win a championship. It is what it is and I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong. Presti should've held onto Harden through the season since he was still under contract, rolled the dice on potential locker room and chemistry issues with the contract negotiations lingering over the team's head, and either matched someone's offer or workout a sign-and-trade with another team in the summer.

NBA rookie of the year

The early season notion that Kevin Martin was replicating James Harden's role was ludicrous is every sense of the word.

Kevin Martin is primarily just a catch and shoot guy. You can defend him with one guy. James Harden brought an element to the team with his screen and roll penetration, that was a clear matchup nightmare towards teams second units. Harden was that third cog that created consistent mismatches. OKC doesn't have that element anymore, and it shows.

You can't blame Sam Presti for this, though. His feet were put to the fire, and he made the best deal that was on the table. Blame Clay Bennet.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

The biggest problem for the Thunder is that every other team that was close to them last year got upgrades and there younger players got better while the Thunder stayed the same/lost a bit with losing Harden and not getting a legit scoring big or decent back up PG.

Still think the two trades that the Thunder should take back, besides this, is the pick that ended up Bledsoe for a future first, which they dealt with Jeff Green for Perkins.

Had they not done the initial trade, they would have had a fiesty backup point and maintained Green or used him in a trade for another player, which most likely would have been > Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    Thunder ahead of Clippers?
    Despite at one point having a top 2 record against .500 teams, the Clippers have been atrocious since. They nearly bet a Melo/Chandler less Knicks squad at home.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    The early season notion that Kevin Martin was replicating James Harden's role was ludicrous is every sense of the word.

Kevin Martin is primarily just a catch and shoot guy. You can defend him with one guy. James Harden brought an element to the team with his screen and roll penetration, that was a clear matchup nightmare towards teams second units. Harden was that third cog that created consistent mismatches. OKC doesn't have that element anymore, and it shows.
    At least they still have bunch of 1st round picks and young talent, enough to get a legit bigman like Al Jefferson or someone similar. If only Presti made the move and amnestied Perkins, think he is waiting for another OKC exit in the playoffs to get his head outta his ass.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Get rid of someone and trade up to get Marcus Smart plz Presti