Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #16
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bring in Gerald Wallace!

Gerald Wallace would vastly improve our athleticism, a weakness that doesn't get as much attention as it should. He would help out on the boards and he is a better defender than Luke Walton is. His shooting is improving, but it still needs quite a bit of work.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #17
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
How exactly does Wallace fit-in in LA?

Lewis seems like a much better fit than Wallace is.
I like Rashard also. I'm just not sure Rashard and Lamar would fit well together, because you're still left without a true power forward.

I do agree with you that GW is not a shooter. So the Lakers would need a good shooter to capitalize on open shots as defenders collapse on GW and Kobe.

Kobe is getting older, and having a guy like GW would allow him to take more perimeter shots without the double teams. Teams would be crazy to double on Kobe and leave GW open.

Last edited by Walton_04 : 05-14-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #18
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

I wanted GWall for a long time but I dont see a way of getting him. Hes going to demand a lot of cash.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:55 PM   #19
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
I wanted GWall for a long time but I dont see a way of getting him. Hes going to demand a lot of cash.
Sign and trade perhaps?
We would definitely have to give up another player of considerable salary. Jerry Buss is too cheap to sign him straight up!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton_04
Sign and trade perhaps?
We would definitely have to give up another player of considerable salary. Jerry Buss is too cheap to sign him straight up!
it's not a question of being cheap, its a question of operating within the rules of the CBA lakers don't have the cap room to go after a player like wallace...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #21
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I love this Forum. Lots of conversation.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #22
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

why can't wallace get an s&t?
he tells mgmt that he's either going to the Lakers via s&t or to Orlando for big bucks. either way, he's gone. so, do an s&t with the Lakers.

we send Kwame/Evans/pick. they get an expiring contract and a back-up 3.
if we have to, replace players incorporating Bynum into the deal.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:16 AM   #23
cubicle BOB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cubicle BOB has an OK reputation so far

JO or KG are not going to solve the Lakers problems especially since that would require them to give up bynum and odom.

However, i have a plan that i put together that allows the Lakers to Keep all the players you'd want them to keep while improving on the areas that we need to improve on like A PLAYMAKING PG AND A CENTER THAT CAN TAKE IT IN THE POST.

I propose the following:

Sign Jamaal Magloire
$8,300,000

b4 we release smush, trade him with a 4th or 5th rounder to charlotte for Brevin Knight
$4,400,000

release aaron mckie

Brevin Knight Backs up for Raymond Felton anyway, the bobs would do it they get a good player in smush and a draft pick.

We need a guy like brevin knight
6.6 assists in 28 mins. 1.5 steals per game 9.1 ppg
we need a playmaker, someone who can move the ball around.

we have a few options with vlad rad and mihm

trade mihm and vlad rad for shareef abdur rahim (i know they prob wont do that)

or trade him alone or with mihm to pistons for mcydess $5,883,600

Next we make a 3 way trade with bucks and 6ixers

we give KWAME to 76ers-who have NO NO NO PF's check their roster

the 76ers give KYLE KORVER to the BUCKS who have no SF their best sf is "the kobe stopper"

then we get Charlie Villanueva 6'11" 240 $2,537,880
12ppg 25mpg 6rpg 1apg .337 3p%

if the sixers still dont feel comfortable giving korver for kwame we throw in vlad rad and take some noob off their hands.

lastly we should sign scottie pippen.

he could still hold his own in the post and im sure he can still shoot and we could sign him for the MLE or less cuz hes stated that he wants back in the NBA and obviously phil will be waiting for him

so here is the final situation

starters

Brevin Knight
Kobe
Lamar
Charlie Villanueva
Jamaal Magloire

backup

Mo Evans
Farmar-(he's not a playmaking pg but hed make a nice backup small sg)
Luke
Pippen
Bynum

bench

sasha-sg/sf
shammond-pg
cook-pf/sf
Ronny T-pf
cubicle BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:46 PM   #24
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

I just wish The NBA would allow salary deferment and incentive contracts. We could sign a good free agent that way.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: