Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 05-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation
Default Without LeBron, aren't Cavs still better than the Knicks?

There's a guy on another message board I visit who still believes LeBron will go to NYC.

I still bet LeBron stays in Cleveland.

Since you guys are bigger Cavs fans and know them better than me I figured I'd go here for some help explaining why the Cavs are a great team.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation
Default Re: Without LeBron, aren't Cavs still better than the Knicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
There's a guy on another message board I visit who still believes LeBron will go to NYC.

I still bet LeBron stays in Cleveland.

Since you guys are bigger Cavs fans and know them better than me I figured I'd go here for some help explaining why the Cavs are a great team.

cavs have the no1 3 point shooting team in the league and overall the no3 FT shooting team in the league.

3 all stars in Big Z . Mo will and Lebron...solid role players and a defensive scheme that works...

the way the cavs are playing lebron is heading towards his first title..and possibly a sweep all the way to the title...
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Whiteness
Banned

Whiteness has no real reputation yet.

Lebron is definitely staying in Cleveland, IMO. A reporter asked him what city he represents and he responded with, "the one with the 100 foot tall picture of me in the middle of it." i.e. Cleveland.
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
Evan Conover
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Evan Conover has an OK reputation so far

Despite LeBron being supposedly eager to sign with the Knicks in 2010, he's not leaving Cleveland. The fans still cheer him on like he's never been quoted to talking about signing with them, especially after winning the NBA MVP award. In conclusion, he's staying.
Evan Conover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Conover
Despite LeBron being supposedly eager to sign with the Knicks in 2010, he's not leaving Cleveland. The fans still cheer him on like he's never been quoted to talking about signing with them, especially after winning the NBA MVP award. In conclusion, he's staying.

Media hype.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:17 AM   #6
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba24
possibly a sweep all the way to the title...

sorry but cant help it
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #7
IAmAWitness23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

IAmAWitness23 has an OK reputation so far

Without LBJ in 2011, if he would go to the Knicks (he's staying in Cleveland BTW), the Cavs would still finish above the Knicks.

But LBJ is staying. He moved around a lot as a kid and doesn't want to put his kids through that.

to mention Cleveland has built a championship caliber team around him while he is in his prime. Going to New York would waste 3-5 years of his career as they build around him.
IAmAWitness23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
thewatcher
I airball my layups

thewatcher has an OK reputation so far

no.
Whats wrong with Cleveland??

I have a few theories:
1) the coach has been neutered and cant make any big changes without LBJ's approval.
2) LBJ, the best and most dominant player since Jordan, could become even better if he made some concessions:
a) follow lazy Kobe's example, take off 3 quaters and come out in the fourth with the most energy on the court; this forces your teammates to play for 3 quaters and preserves your energy. Once again, i feel that Cleveland is struggling because everyone else is average, but also because they havent carved out big enough roles for themselves over the season. Theyre supposed to catch and make open shots. LBJ cooks the meal, wraps and delievers it, and all Mo and West have to do is eat it?? they arent Paxon and Kerr, they should do more. But LBJ wants to be BOTH Jordan and Magic Johnson, while if he tries to be more Karl Mlone and Elvin Hays, he'd become the best ever. LBJ should post more, and my biggest gripe: too much of the Duhon signature penetrate to the rim and thow out the 3-point line. First off he aint no Duhon and should be breaking the blockers wrist on the rim. ALSO, he's expended far too much energy to get his teammate a 3, ends up under the basket if Mo or West misses with a long rebound and Orlando taking off.
b) instead of the spectaculor blocks as atrailer on the break, just take Rasard Lewis out of the game. Cleveland needs to start Joe Smith over Illgaucous this series, Illgaucaus cant match up.
3) Orlando is a VERY talented team, especially the frontcourt, who really were forced to improve when challenged by the Celtics. Now theyre loose with all the pressure on Cleveland.
thewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
Auka
Great young streetballer

Auka has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewatcher
2) LBJ, the best and most dominant player since Jordan, could become even better if he made some concessions:
You can't be serious? Guess you totally forgot the players like Shaq and Tim Duncan... Since Jordan they have combined for a total of 8 championships since the 98-99. You can't say LBJ has been the best and most dominant.
Auka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #10
thewatcher
I airball my layups

thewatcher has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auka
You can't be serious? Guess you totally forgot the players like Shaq and Tim Duncan... Since Jordan they have combined for a total of 8 championships since the 98-99. You can't say LBJ has been the best and most dominant.
I wasnt saying that. Physically, he's the most gifted (though a young Shaq certainly is in the discussion). His potential is greater, when he's done, he should have more than 4-5 rings. Duncan is more cerebral.
whats more interesting to me is the unbridled ambition is LeBron. Physically he can channel the spirits of both Jordan and Magic. He wants to surpass them. But ehen h catches the ball at 30 feet and shoots it there, the defense is thrilled. When he takes his man off the dribble and spectacularly gets to the rim...but dishes back out for an open 3....the defense is thrilled. If he ever decided to let Mo and west be the creators and initiators, and he caught the ball at 18 feet with his back to the basket and the option to shoot or dribble from there....he'd destry teams. He doesnt want to channel the mailman, it's his fatal tragic flaw.

but go ahead and put it all on Mo Williams...he isnt John Paxon.
thewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
Whiteness
Banned

Whiteness has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewatcher
instead of the spectaculor blocks as atrailer on the break, just take Rasard Lewis out of the game. Cleveland needs to start Joe Smith over Illgaucous this series, Illgaucaus cant match up.

Thank you. It's time for Big Z to figure out his role on the team. He's doing way too much hovering and it's costing the series. Joe Smith is, on the other hand, really stepping up in a position for Cleveland that's otherwise uncovered. He's doing the job that Ben Wallace and Big Z should be doing all the time. Could you imagine Verejao and Smith at the four and five position for 30 minutes a game plus?????? Potential defensive greatness is just laying in wait right there.

Last edited by Whiteness : 05-26-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: