Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: In the same mins, Jordan has more PTs/RBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs but less TOs then Kobe

You know call me crazy but some people actually think Jordan was better than Kobe.

Default Re: In the same mins, Jordan has more PTs/RBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs but less TOs then Kobe

You like Defensive Rating, eh Yao?

Well, guess what?

Tracy McGrady has a lower career Defensive rating than your beloved Kobe. Clearly, by your logic, T-Mac>Kobe on defense.

Oh, Dwyane Wade has a lower DRTG too! Amazing And here you were arguing Kobe>Wade on defense in that other thread.

Let's look at guards who had lower DRTG's than Kobe in the years he made all-defensive teams (I bolded the hilarious ones)

1999-00: Ron Harper, Jason Kidd

2000-01: Jason Kidd, Eddie Jones, Charlie Ward, Dan Majerle, Latrell Sprewell, Allen Iverson, Doug Christie, Anthony Carter, Derek Anderson, Erick Strickland, Terry Porter, Aaron McKie, Bobby Jackson, Hershey Hawkins, Baron Davis, Bonzi Wells, Eric Snow, Elliot Perry, Tracy McGrady, Tim Hardaway, Mario Elie, Tony Delk, Chris Childs, Rodney Buford, Brevin Knight, Allan Houston, Eddie House, Adrian Griffin, Antonio Daniels, Jason Williams, David Wesley, John Stockton....the list goes on, too!

2001-02: Jason Kidd, Stephen Jackson, Eddie Jones, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Kerry Kittles, amongst others

2002-03: Jason Kidd, Kerry Kittles, Manu Ginobili, Stephen Jackson, Doug Christie, Michael Jordan, Chauncey Billups, amongst others

2003-04: Manu Ginobili, Jamaal Tinsley, Vince Carter, Baron Davis, Dwyane Wade, amongst others

2005-06: Manu Ginobili, Jason Kidd, Tracy McGrady, Mike Miller, Vince Carter, Tony Parker, Dwyane Wade, amongst others

2006-07: Tracy McGrady, Monta Ellis, Dwyane Wade, Jacque Vaughn, Luther Head, Brent Barry, Kirk Hinrich, Beno Udrih, Larry Hughes, Vassilis Spanoulis , amongst others

2007-08: Tracy McGrady, Chris Paul, Ray Allen, Bonzi Wells, amongst others

2008-09: Dwyane Wade, Brevin Knight, George Hill, Mickael Pietrus, Tony Allen, Delonte West

2009-10: Brandon Jennings, Manu Ginobili, James Harden, Raymond Felton, Carlos Delfino, Dwyane Wade, amongst others

2010-11: Mario Chalmers, Dwyane Wade, Tony Allen, Nate Robinson, Von Wafer, Derrick Rose, Kyle Korver , amongst others

Damn, Yao, according to your logic, Kobe has NEVER deserved all-defense
    Last edited by RRR3; 02-08-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Great college starter

YAO MING'S DONG

Let me a REAL SIMPLE correlation for you....

PPG = points per game.
    Pace = avg. number of possessions per 48 minutes.

PPG/pace = Points scored per possession, regardless of offense or defense.

Average in the NBA from 1987-1993 = 1.088 points per possession.
    average in the NBA from 2005-2011 = 1.079 points per possession..

Big difference, NOT A CHANCE.....The last 4 years have been over 1.081 ppp, very similar to the late 80's, early 90's.

Peak PPP year in the 2000's = 1.091
    Peak PPP year in the 1980's = 1.090.......NOW WHAT???

A little common sense goes a long way too son....
    Last edited by bwink23; 02-08-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Let me me a REAL SIMPLE correlation for you....

PPG = points per game.

Big difference, NOT A CHANCE.....The last 4 years have been over 1.081 ppp, very similar to the late 80's, early 90's.

Plus, Kobe played in the "weak 90's remember"? Well, you might not remember, he was keeping the bench warm while he backed up Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel, occasionally popping up in the playoffs to shoot 4 consecutive airballs in a tight game!

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Plus, Kobe played in the "weak 90's remember"? Well, you might not remember, he was keeping the bench warm while he backed up Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel, occasionally popping up in the playoffs to shoot 4 consecutive airballs in a tight game!
    Damn Kobe, why is this bench so warm?!?

Great college starter

Yeah, "WEAK" 90's with a 43%FG while basically scrimmaging against the other team's bench players in garbage time.....

Yeah, "WEAK" 90's with a 43%FG while basically scrimmaging against the other team's bench players in garbage time.....
    Godbe
    Check out this clip of Godbe doin' work on the might Utah Jazz!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws2yhBzJjis

Great college starter

Godbe
    Check out this clip of Godbe doin' work on the might Utah Jazz!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws2yhBzJjis

Isn't that the same Bryon Russell Jordan busted for 2 game winners in the Finals ???.......OH SNAP

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

At least 3 of the worst posts ive ever seen are in here.

Jordan jockers just cant get enough of kobe can they
    Almost as obsessive as 32dayz

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Nothing new here. Just pretty much proves what most of us on here already know. They're clueless when it comes to basketball. The "weak" 90's(where Jordan dominated)....huh?!

I REST MY CASE!!!!

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Jordan jockers just cant get enough of kobe can they
    Almost as obsessive as Yao Ming's Foot is with his flawed Defense Rating theories
    Come on now Deuce, you know he had it coming

YAO MING'S DONG

Let me a REAL SIMPLE correlation for you....

PPG = points per game.

A little common sense goes a long way too son....
    I wonder why you left out the late 90s and early 00s

Kobe's had 4 finals trips and 3 rings before 05. You remember that right?

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    I wonder why you left out the late 90s and early 00s

Maybe he was showing some mercy on your hero Kobe