Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: Charles Barkley: Zimmer was right to be acquitted

Quote Originally Posted by MJ23forever
    and he fit the description of the people who were terrorizing his neighborhood with home invasions (black males in their late teens) he was simply watching the neighborhood, it was not racially motivated.

^that = Racial profiling & racially motivated

   

"hispanic" has come to have multiple meanings. look at the building blocks of the word-- 'out of spain' or 'associated with spain'. it can therefore apply to a whole bunch of things that have spain as a touchpoint. you're all sort of right any way you argue it.

"either i'm right or you're right... there is no middle ground. i just came here to test my manhood against yours, bro."

-- the mantra of ISH

Zimmerman did not profile Trayvon outside of the fact that he had never seen him before, he thought he was acting suspiciously, and he fit the description of the people who were terrorizing his neighborhood with home invasions (black males in their late teens) he was simply watching the neighborhood, it was not racially motivated.
    Do you really not see the contradiction in your post? If you are targeting someone simply because they fit the description of "black male in his late teens" how can you simultaneously not be engaging in racially profiling? Makes no sense.

Banned

Zimmerman did not profile Trayvon outside of the fact that he had never seen him before, he thought he was acting suspiciously, and he fit the description of the people who were terrorizing his neighborhood with home invasions (black males in their late teens) he was simply watching the neighborhood, it was not racially motivated. Also, he didn't shot him because he was black, he shot him because he was getting his head smashed into the concrete ground.

NBA rookie of the year

I think Maria Bartiromo is sexy.

Made that high school varsity squad MJ23forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    ^that = Racial profiling & racially motivated
    No, that's called fitting a description. If the people that were breaking into and robbing homes in the neighborhood were White or Hispanic males in their late teens, and George seen a White or Hispanic male in his late teens, who he had never seen before and he thought they were acting suspiciously, so he observed and followed him from a distance and reported him to the authorities, that wouldn't be racial profiling.

If because he's a black teenager, can he never look suspicious?

No, that's called fitting a description. If the people that were breaking into and robbing homes in the neighborhood were White or Hispanic males in their late teens, and George seen a White or Hispanic male in his late teens, who he had never seen before and he thought they were acting suspiciously, so he observed and followed him from a distance and reported him to the authorities, that wouldn't be racial profiling.

that is racial profiling because you are using race to determine who is and who isnt a suspect..

Being black and george not knowing ya doesnt make you a suspect

If because he's black, can he never look suspicious?
    You need to be more than just black to be suspicious...

Maybe if Trayvon was testing people's car doors to see if they were unlocked? that would be suspicious..

but walking slow and being Black doesnt = suspicious, at least not in the mind of a person who isnt a racist

Like I said.. The f*ckin idiot Larry Elder would invite Zimmerman into his neighborhood and get his own kids shot and killed because they "fit the description"

Also, you can only "fit the description" AFTER a crime has been committed

If you "fit the description" before you have even done anything? you are being profiled

You need to be more than just black to be suspicious...

Maybe if Trayvon was testing people's car doors to see if they were unlocked? that would be suspicious..

but walking slow and being Black doesnt = suspicious, at least not in the mind of a person who isnt a racist
    Eh. Walking slowly from house to house in the dark, in the rain, while looking through windows and moving through other people's yards is pretty suspect behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Eh. Walking slowly from house to house in the dark, in the rain, while looking through windows and moving through other people's yards is pretty suspect behavior.

So how fast is Trayvon allowed to walk before he is walking too fast? is walking fast in the rain suspicious?

Is Trayvon peering through people's windows? Or is he walking down the street looking at houses?

Plenty of neighborhoods have areas where you can cut behind the houses as a shorcut.. Especially if some "creepy cracka" is following you in his car..

turns out George was seeing what he WANTED to see.. He already had his mind made up ..

"These f*ckin Punks.. They always get away" He was already certain..

Larry Elder is a f*ckin idiot..

I can understand if he is mad at people in South Central LA or wherever, but that has nothing to do with Trayvon.. you justify someone getting followed and shot when they werent commiting a crime.

He says he wish Zimmerman was the watch person in his neighborhood

Earth to Larry Elder.... You are black which means Zimmerman would probably profile and shoot your kids you idiot..

Im no fan of piers Morgan but he made Larry Elder look like a fool..
    I've never really watched Piers Morgan... and still don't see any reason to watch him after this. Getting balanced sides of an issue is important but getting information through the prism of a fool does no good at all. Its good to see Larry Elder take this clown on.

I will say... I did find it amusing when Elders went on and on... just dogged out Rachel Jentel, then Piers Morgan pointed out that she speaks 3 languages and larry elders said "Oh, so you want to bring it back to Rachel. That's not what we are talking about....." . I almost fell off my chair cracking up!!

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I've never really watched Piers Morgan... and still don't see any reason to watch him after this. Getting balanced sides of an issue is important but getting information through the prism of a fool does no good at all. Its good to see Larry Elder take this clown on.

I will say... I did find it amusing when Elders went on and on... just dogged out Rachel Jentel, then Piers Morgan pointed out that she speaks 3 languages and larry elders said "Oh, so you want to bring it back to Rachel. That's not what we are talking about....." . I almost fell off my chair cracking up!!

I hear you... I dont really like Morgan either... thats why it is really sad to Elder go on the show melt down like that..

He was basically mad because Morgan said Jeantel was "a smart cookie" but he wouldnt just answer some simple questions when asked..

I know Elder feels like a jackass after seeing himself on TV going out like that

So how fast is Trayvon allowed to walk before he is walking too fast? is walking fast in the rain suspicious?

Is Trayvon peering through people's windows? Or is he walking down the street looking at houses?

Plenty of neighborhoods have areas where you can cut behind the houses as a shorcut.. Especially if some "creepy cracka" is following you in his car..

turns out George was seeing what he WANTED to see.. He already had his mind made up ..

"These f*ckin Punks.. They always get away" He was already certain..
    We can't really know for sure if Trayvon was behaving suspiciously or not. According to Zimmerman he was, unfortunately that's the only account we have.

You are seeing what you want to see also by pretending you actually know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This is just like a conspiracy theory. No one will look at the facts and everyone is simply going on emotion that the media is escalating. Everyone is so hopped up that Zimmerman is a racist and it's profiling and etc. etc. etc......

Instead, if they just looked at the facts for like, 1/2 hour, it's clear it's obvious self defense and totally justified, and Zimmerman did nothing illegal or morally wrong. Not only that, he should be praised for taking initiative to keep his neighborhood safe.
    Arguable @ morally wrong.

Illegal, obviously not. But no one was there, we'll never know what happened.

The morality part, time will tell. Dude will probably explain the whole situation in his (undoubtably) upcoming book.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    We can't really know for sure if Trayvon was behaving suspiciously or not. According to Zimmerman he was, unfortunately that's the only account we have.

You are seeing what you want to see also by pretending you actually know what happened.

I never said I know what happened.. I asked you a question..

From what we know, Trayvon wasnt doing anything that warranted being followed.

He had no tools on his person to break into someone's home.. From all the evidence he was simply going to the store and then coming home.

And even if he was "suspicious" it still doesnt justify George getting out of his truck and pursuing the kid..

this all could have been avoided