Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore LLK21's Avatar

Default Re: The difference between Kobe and Jordan...Phil Jackson nails it...

inb4 20 pages

Banned

Phil also said he would never coach Kobe again in his first book.

MJ better defender and leader?

Take it for a grain of salt.

College superstar

I'm not sure why anyone cares. What, didn't read his first book where he blasts Kobe for being a cancer?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    I'm not sure why anyone cares. What, didn't read his first book where he blasts Kobe for being a cancer?
    He blasts Kobe and then he comes creeping back to coach Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Jordan is the calmer and well thought out player.
    And Kobe goes towards shooting through his problems.
    Which is why Jordan never lost in the Finals and was always the FMVP.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

That accually shows how good Kobe's skill is. He had a career neck to neck with Jordan with all the negativities. I am a fan of Kobe and I could know the difference between them exactly what Phil Jackson wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    just cause you wanna butt fvck lebron all day every day, doesnt mean you need to bring him up in every thread that has nothing to do with him.
    Whoa there, I was just simply asking a question

And I only talk about LeBron in threads where it's already brought up.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    Jordan may be a little more physically gifted... but not where it makes a big difference.

Jordan could jump a little higher and may be slightly quicker.

It's not going to make much of a difference in the games.
    you're way off.
    Let's say they are on par skills-wise and BBall IQ (which is untrue, but let's assume).

MJ is slightly taller, has a bigger wingspan, has larger hands, is quicker, faster, jumps higher. Kobe is his equal in body stability, endurance and toughness.
    Have you played ball and realized how much of a difference hand size alone makes? Kobe is known to have rather small hands.
    Jason Kidd and Magic are two other players who are known to have huge hands. It's no accident they are two of the best ball-handlers and passers ever.

Local High School Star

People forget that Jordan is also much stronger then Kobe. The guy could post up back up on anyone just about.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Xiengqichess
    That accually shows how good Kobe's skill is. He had a career neck to neck with Jordan with all the negativities. I am a fan of Kobe and I could know the difference between them exactly what Phil Jackson wrote.
    Umm there careers are not neck and neck.

well, the difference between kobe and JR smith is phil jackson

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Explain....I seen them both play live and during their primes. Please explain yourself on how.
    What you quoted is one of MANY differences between the GOAT and Kobe. Lets not get carried away and try to paint a picture of these guys being close, because Jordan is worlds appart.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Phil also said he would never coach Kobe again in his first book.

MJ better defender and leader?

Take it for a grain of salt.
    Jordan was much of a better defender than Kobe that it's not even worth discussing. Kobe has never even approached prime MJ's defensive impact ('88-'93).

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Jordan was much of a better defender than Kobe that it's not even worth discussing. Kobe has never even approached prime MJ's defensive impact ('88-'93).
    And it's not even close. I'll never understand why anyone tries to say that Kobe comes close. Kobe is a great player is his own right, but this is the GOAT were talking about here. A guy who developed Pippen into a superstar through constant training and excellent mentoring, not a guy that joined with a superstar which is mediocre action at best and says speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Straight_Ballin; 05-16-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Which is why Jordan never lost in the Finals and was always the FMVP.
    And the explanation for his playoff loses?