Banned

Default Has Killzone become the Halo for Playstation?

Shadow Fall looks amazing, I think I'll probably end up getting it as a launch title for the PS4. Do you think it's as good as the Halo games on Xbox.

Default Re: Has Killzone become the Halo for Playstation?

no.

I am really excited for the next generation Killzone games. Shadow Fall looks as if it has the potential to be an alltime great shooters...but I've been fooled before.

Banned

the reviews for the new one are giving it 5/10, looks pretty but a horrible game apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    the reviews for the new one are giving it 5/10, looks pretty but a horrible game apparently.
    Polygon.

Keep in mind Polygon gave TLOU a 7.5 Polygon reviews are as valid as IGN.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    One crap website gave it a 5/10. Most of the half way credible sites gave it a decent/good score. Not that reviews even matter.

Still really pumped for this game. Looks like it could be the best FPS in quite a while (for me at least).

No way, Halo is a monumental game that paved the way fro console fps. It also launched Xbox into the big 3 of consoles

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    One crap website gave it a 5/10. Most of the half way credible sites gave it a decent/good score. Not that reviews even matter.

Still really pumped for this game. Looks like it could be the best FPS in quite a while (for me at least).
    I actually trust them mo re these days, most of the large sites review games based on which publishers are giving them money. Influences their scores a lot and sometimes it's blatantly obvious. I'll wait until I get a chance to play it though but I had the same thoughts about the last killzone too, was a pretty game but was bored after 15 minutes. Just didn't do it for me personally

Polygon is horrible. The site doesn't have any identity so they try to generate hits by making outrageous reviews for big releases. There is no consitency or system to what they are doing, they are by far the most inconsistent and least trustworthy of all the big outlets. Not to mention the most pathetic.

That said, this game is mediocre at best. They don't make good launch games anymore, because it's a dumb business move. The userbase of fresh consoles is still limited, and the small number of releases means that your game is going to sell to that limited base no matter what. So it makes no sense to bring quality at launch. Not even to promote the system because the systems sell out for the first months anyway. If you have something good you shelf that shit for a few months and put it out a little later, that's how this works.

The last console with good launch games was the Gamecube for crying out loud, you'd think people know what the deal is by now.

I fvcking love this game.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I just completed the campaign. I'm a little conflicted with the ending.....not sure if I'm satisfied with it.

You don't get the full out war torn action you get from KZ2 and KZ3. You definitely go solo on this one. While enjoyable, I would rank it KZ SF below KZ2(the best one) and KZ3. KZ 1 I'll give an incomplete because I never completed it.

Banned

Dont have the game yet, getting it in a bundle with the PS4 at Christmas, but from what I heard, this game is a lot like COD how it's fast paced and the controls are similar. I got KZ2 when it came out a couple months after I got the PS3, and I hated it. Gameplay felt sluggish and the controls were horrible. Hated pressing the analog button just to aim. Honestly, I only played a few missions and about 2 hours worth of multiplayer. Didnt even give KZ3 a thought. KZSF looks wayy better though and is one of my launch games with 2K and FIFA.

I got a PS3 specifically after I got an XBOX just got Killzone 3. It was great. Haven't tried the new one though. It's fun, it's more of a graphics thing to me though, it looks good. Just the feeling of it needs to be remastered. Something I heard they haven't done. But, there's no doubt that if they work on the controllers they can do better.