Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #46
ronron15
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: PFs Better Than Al Jefferson

he is eating up stats because he is the only good player in Twolves. but he is learning fast this way. good player. not top 3 in his position
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:46 AM   #47
DC Zephyrs
I rule the local playground

KG and Duncan are the only PFs I would take over Jefferson. Dirk is great, but I don't like him as the centerpiece to my team. He's too soft for my liking.
DC Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #48
Godfather
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Zephyrs
KG and Duncan are the only PFs I would take over Jefferson. Dirk is great, but I don't like him as the centerpiece to my team. He's too soft for my liking.

What is this some kind of joke?

Al Jefferson is much softer than Dirk defensively, not only is Dirk a good defender who makes you earn your points and he doesn't shy away from contact.

And people keep making such a big deal about softness on the offensive end, but if you are scoring points and doing so efficiently why does it matter?
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #49
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Ive only seen him about 3-4 times this year but his defense and passing dont impress me. As a total player Gasol isnt far behind. Jefferson doesnt make those couple Grizzly playoff teams any better. I dont think hed do much to make the Lakers better either. Id say Duncan, Kg, and Dirk have less weak areas and their ability to move the ball would make me less hesitant to build an offense around them. After that Jefferson and Amare are on the same basic level. And really...im not sure Gasol makes any team in the NBA but the Spurs, Celtics, and Mavs worse if he replaced their 4.

Jefferson when I see him has some of Mchales post moves and all of his black hole...ish...ness. But without a balanced offense around him like the Celtics had to run before dumping it into Mchale? Eh. Not sure its the best to build around. Players like Al play next to the offense to me. You have an offense...and if it doesnt generate a good shot quickly you give it to them to make their own shot.

I wouldnt wanna run the offense through him if I didnt have to. I dont have an overall negative opinion of him. Id take him on my team. But id like to have a system in place that would let the team operate well around Jeffersons lack of passing. Hed do wonders for a team with a solid running attack and good options on the secondary break who can both shoot and feed the post if he gets early position deep.

He reminds me of Rony Seikaly really. In a good way.

Feel fre to let me know if my opinions on his defense and passing are no longer accurate....
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:35 AM   #50
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

I pretty much agree with KBlaze. He has a pretty effortless offensive game around the rim and is one of the best rebounders in the league. However, defensively he leaves something to be desired. And it doesn't seem to me that the T-Wolves can really run an offense through him (facilitating for teammates).

And to address the whole winning vs. losing aspect, it makes a bigger difference than most make it out to be. You can't always discredit a player's individual talent because of team success or lack there of, but you also can't call the player elite if they have put up huge numbers for a perennial losing cause. It's a lot easier to score when you have nothing to play for. The basket becomes a lot bigger when you're the underdog night in and night out, only looking to play spoiler. It's far easier when you don't have the expectations of a legit playoff contender. It's a lot easier when your team is down on most nights and most a lot of the baskets you make are meaningless to the end results. That's why those players don't and will not get recognized like those who do it and win.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:30 AM   #51
Goku
Banned

why shouldnt he get good stats?? if his teams always getting blown out he should be putting up good stats because the whole game is almost garbage time anyways, the guy is talented but a loser none the less. A second coming of elton brand
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: