Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 AM   #106
w00terz
FACT

Default Re: 2/8: Phoenix Suns @ Detroit Pistons 8pm - two teams fallen from grace…

"TEH CANCAR AI!"

Being serious, AI is one of the most difficult players to build a team around, especially now that he has slown down a bit. The Pistons are in terrible shape. One of the Pistons biggest problems is the fact that hey have no consistent 3 point shooters. Sheed shows up every 4-5 games but other than that, having RIP, Tay, Stuckey, even AI shoot the 3 is going to get you nowhere. The Pistons gambled with AI and really screwed up in my opinion. You have to surround guys like that with shooters, the way Cleveland has done with Lebron, the way the Lakers have done with Kobe. You can't have Stuckey, AI, and Rip on the floor at the same time as well, things just aren't going to work out.

Get rid of AI, get rid of Sheed, build around Stuckey, Rip, and Tay. That's the best they can do.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #107
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Default Re: 2/8: Phoenix Suns @ Detroit Pistons 8pm - two teams fallen from grace…

Rasheed, Tayshaun and Iverson need to be traded. I'm not even a Pistons fan and i'm getting sick watching them lose on tv. They look like garbage
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #108
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year

Iverson's team playing Shaq's team brought back good memories from the 2001 finals. It's funny that Shaq and Iverson have both been traded twice since then.

Neither of them dissapointed tonight. Shaq had a 20-10 game and Iverson had 25 points. Nash was amazing too with his 21 assists.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #109
AllenDuncan
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
"TEH CANCAR AI!"

Being serious, AI is one of the most difficult players to build a team around, especially now that he has slown down a bit. The Pistons are in terrible shape. One of the Pistons biggest problems is the fact that hey have no consistent 3 point shooters. Sheed shows up every 4-5 games but other than that, having RIP, Tay, Stuckey, even AI shoot the 3 is going to get you nowhere. The Pistons gambled with AI and really screwed up in my opinion. You have to surround guys like that with shooters, the way Cleveland has done with Lebron, the way the Lakers have done with Kobe. You can't have Stuckey, AI, and Rip on the floor at the same time as well, things just aren't going to work out.

Get rid of AI, get rid of Sheed, build around Stuckey, Rip, and Tay. That's the best they can do.

The CANCAR is Curry.
AllenDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #110
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDuncan
The CANCAR is Curry.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #111
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Wilson Chandler, Nate Robinson, Danilo Gallinari and David Lee are some nice young pieces. Can't find nothing in this Detroit team. I'll give them Stuckey but Amir/Maxielle again don't impress me too much
Old 02-09-2009, 12:43 AM   #112
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Yeah, Knicks are real impressive.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #113
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arf05
yes, you and kidachi are next in the list.

There you go Attila..

why melo?
Old 02-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #114
w00terz
FACT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Wilson Chandler, Nate Robinson, Danilo Gallinari and David Lee are some nice young pieces. Can't find nothing in this Detroit team. I'll give them Stuckey but Amir/Maxielle again don't impress me too much

Amir sucks, Maxiell is a decent backup big. If I were the Pistons, I'd trade AI, Sheed, Amir, and maybe Kwame depending on what I could get. Stuckey, RIP, and Tay are solid players they should keep. Stuck can run the point, RIP should be playing SG, and Tay at SF. The Pistons need good 3 point shooters and a pair of big men with an inside game. Boozer, Bosh, Amare, Lee are all players they should be looking at.

Last edited by w00terz : 02-09-2009 at 12:49 AM.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #115
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Yeah, Knicks are real impressive.

Did I say we were?

Atleast we got some young talent. Detroit will be trash pretty soon. Mcdyess, AI and Sheeds days are numbered. They will be goners and you can add Tayshaun to be gone pretty soon

Tell me what young talent you even have? Stuckey like I said is about it.

Will Bynum? Kwame Brown? Acker? Walter Sharpe? TRASH.

Maxielle/Affalo/Johnson/Stuckey not too impressive
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 AM   #116
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Its true… our team is pretty much trash.

Amir sux - nothing but a foul magnet. We should have traded him this summer when he still had value.

Maxiell is ok but is nothing but a career back up - we should never have given him that extra year. 3@15mil was too much as it is.

Sharpe -

Bynum - I like him and he can be a solid back up IF given the right coach (a PG coach like Larry Brown)

Afflalo - He's pretty decent but some what inconsistent - will probably leave Detroit before long and be a solid player

IN other news - heard Amare in the press conference. Says he is aware with whats going on in trade talks and that he is "in the loop" He also called out Avery Johnson and Tim Legler for calling him a bad locker room guy - he said that is not true and he and the Suns are all cool and hang out more than any other team. Amare was also flattered with the fans in Detroit on how they were being cool with him and hoping he comes here… Fans were supportive of him.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #117
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
60 foot bounce pass through grant hill's legs right on the money to hamilton? Yeah. Very close.

You're talking like he "meant" to throw it in between Hill's legs. It was a great pass, but the best assist you have ever seen? Really? How about Peja's behind the back almost the full length of the court? Now that is ridiculous stuff. How about Magic's passes back in the day? How about what Nash does consistently, especially what he was doing under D'Antoni's system? All those guys had better "assists"/passes on a more consistent basis...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #118
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

I'd try to get Sheed for younger talent. Iverson for some picks and Tay for young talent/picks
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: