Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

Default Re: Dirk's fiancee, Cristal Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Rose-2-Wolfe
    I read many things on this site that I find to be offensive on a regular basis and I don't wish or intend to be part of that. My thoughts are positive but someone will feel as though they are being attacked or insulted.

Perhaps I can say that from my own experience Germans go well with other Germans, Scandinavians, Turks, and Africans or black Americans. Just think of it being like astrology and signs that work well together and others not so much.

wow that was a dumb comment..... you better elaborate now...so you dont sound like an idiot....

Perhaps I can say that from my own experience Germans go well with other Germans, Scandinavians, Turks, and Africans or black Americans. Just think of it being like astrology and signs that work well together and others not so much.
    Gotcha. I was just curious as to what angle you were coming from.

I do know that in the days of Jim Crow and its policy of racial separation that many black performers had to go over to Europe to be appreciated. I believe that Germany was one of the favored destinations.

Stop being so stupISH. Rose-2-Wolfe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Gotcha. I was just curious as to what angle you were coming from.

I do know that in the days of Jim Crow and its policy of racial separation that many black performers had to go over to Europe to be appreciated. I believe that Germany was one of the favored destinations.

Thank you. I think Europe has been way ahead of America in terms of race relations but little by little America starts to heal the wounds. Germany and most of it's people are sensitive to this given "our" history. It seems to me that Germans feel quite comfortable around black folks...I wish I could articulate my thoughts better but I think you have the idea.

I wish I could articulate my thoughts better but I think you have the idea.
    I do. Thanks for the thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi

Lol at the name of the website
    Except Artest's wife is one of those highschool girlfriends (much like Wade's soon to be gone wife and LeBron's wife.)

Unfortunately, Ron Ron's girl just didn't happen to be the best looking. I am just glad there they are happy together [no reported marital problem at least].

Dirk's fiance is a trailer trash looking former stripper/current scam artist. Thank god that his advisors were looking out for him (and his money).

Local High School Star John Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greensborohill
    There was a german guy on the mavs board that said it is common for german men to date & marry black women.
    Huge difference between American black women and black women straight from Africa. Those men and women don't seem to have the pitfalls that African Americans do (unemployment/lack of desire to work, poor/non-esistant education, crime, broken families, obesity, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith
    Huge difference between American black women and black women straight from Africa. Those men and women don't seem to have the pitfalls that African Americans do (unemployment/lack of desire to work, poor/non-esistant education, crime, broken families, obesity, etc.)

Nothing quite like an ignorant person displaying their stupidity and calling out other people for things that they themselves are guilty of.

Why don't you take your "non-esistant", brainless self to another forum where your retarded views are more readily accepted.

All you can do is attack a typo because you know the content is true. I didn't realize we were in English class Ms. Wilson. Bottomline is many Europeans marry Africans. It is common practice. Africans are nothing like black Americans. It would be foolish to think so. You couldn't have two more opposite cultures if you tried. They don't look up to 2pac or Scarface in the Sudan, catch my drift?

Somewhat controversial claim by American standards, but mostly true.

All you can do is attack a typo because you know the content is true. I didn't realize we were in English class Ms. Wilson. Bottomline is many Europeans marry Africans. It is common practice. Africans are nothing like black Americans. It would be foolish to think so. You couldn't have two more opposite cultures if you tried. They don't look up to 2pac or Scarface in the Sudan, catch my drift?
    No, I "attacked" you because you're blatantly stupid. When stupid people try to discuss things that they have no knowledge of, they generally sound just like you.

Its obvious that you have absolutely not a clue about either black American culture or African culture. I've lived in both places and while there are differences, the situation cannot be painted with a broad brush like you're attempting to do, in your "I saw it on TV so it must be true" style. You and Ms. Teen South Carolina have a lot in common.

Just quit while you're behind and STFU about things you know nothing about.

That's what you have to say in order to preserve your self and your state of mind. One day, you will grow up and open your mind. You are in the Caribbean, wtf do you know? I'm on the South Side of the Chi. Want to try again?
    Last edited by John Smith; 05-14-2009 at 05:23 PM.

That's what you have to say in order to preserve your self and your state of mind. One day, you will grow up and open your mind. You are in the Caribbean, wtf do you know? I'm on the South Side of the Chi. Want to try again?
    I'm laughing so hard at your dumb @ss that tears are rolling down my face.

So, I'm the one that has to "grow up and open my mind." I'm a world traveler, you dipstick. I've lived all over the globe and have a long and intimate knowledge of all types of cultures. I'll bet that you've never been out of the "South Side of the Chi."

Seriously, just STFU, or you can keep on trying and I'll keep on laughing.

I'm more black than you just from growing up on the south side and my skin is white. Emoticons and laughter...that is all you are good for. I'm still waiting for you to add something valuable to the thread. Answer this one question if you have any balls:

Are people from Africa different than people raised in America?

Are people from Africa different than people raised in America?
    I have no idea why I'm continuing this "discussion" but I'll indulge you, just so that you can hopefully learn something.

First of all Africa is a continent, not a country. In fact, it is comprised of 47 countries. The culture in Ghana, on the West coast, differs from that in Kenya, on the East coast, which in turn differs from that in a multitude of other countries and sub-cultures.

Therefore you cannot, with any accuracy, say that "people from Africa are different from people raised in America." African cultures themselves vary greatly, so why would a group of people raised on an entirely different continent be the same?

To answer your original (and ignorant) premise, there are lazy people in Africa just like any other place, and within any race. There are extremely intelligent black people of African descent that have lived in America (me) and there are all matter of differing personalities in between that.

It is therefore not a given that a person will display a certain personality trait just based on where they live. You have to learn to dig deep and examine things on a higher level.

NBA lottery pick

I feel for her, so close to a great con job, already the bling on her hand, and now he