Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default another 3-way Indy/Denver/LA

Indy gets what they want for JO. Denver gets their much needed cap flexibility and youth. LA gets interior help.

Indy
Gives JO, Harrison, Williams
Gets Bynum, Odom, Cook

Denver
Gives Camby
Gets Kwame, Harrison

LA
Gives Odom, Bynum, Kwame, Cook
Gets JO, Camby, Williams

Amazingly, the math works. once again...flame away.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: another 3-way Indy/Denver/LA

This hypothetical is so pro-Lakers that I can't comment on it.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

LA would have to package their 1st round pick for the next 4 years to get this deal done
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

You're going to do that the day NBA 2K8 comes out I bet. :
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #5
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Indy gets what they want for JO. Denver gets their much needed cap flexibility and youth. LA gets interior help.

Indy
Gets Bynum, Odom, Cook

Denver
Gives Camby
Gets Kwame, Harrison

LA
Gets JO, Camby, Williams

I almost think its fair.

LAL supposedly wouldn't trade Odom and Bynum for JO in the past. Here it can be broken down to Odom and Bynum for JO and Williams, and then Kwame and Cook for Camby.

Given Camby's history of injuries, age and massive contract, I think Denver would consider getting rid of him for an expirer like Kwame's. The would love to save some money.

To make it more fair I think LA should give Denver Farmar as a potential PG of the future and a #2, while IMO Indy is getting a pretty fair deal.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo

Indy
Gets Bynum, Odom, Cook

Denver
Gives Camby
Gets Kwame, Harrison

LA
Gets JO, Camby, Williams

wow lakers really come up. nice if that would happen
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

if denver could get under the cap i would like this deal because kwame comes off the books next year. but with martin, melo, ai, and nene, they'll never be far enough under the cap for it to matter so they wind up trading a chance to win now with the (undeserving imo) dpoy as their starting center in order to start kwame (a mediocre starter at best) or harrison (a good backup at best) for one year.

it's great for la because it puts them in position to win immediately.

tougher to say for indi. they don't seem to be making progress as things are, so i guess a shakeup couldn't hurt. bynum makes them younger. odom is a slightly cheaper replacement for jermaine. they still really need guards, but i guess this is a start.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Denver
Gives Camby
Gets Kwame, Harrison
Are you kidding me? We're trying to win a championship while Iverson is still capable, not trying to make money.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #9
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Camby for Kwame?

nice try
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #10
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

THIS TRADE IS HORRIBLE LOL

wow yeah i bet nuggests would loooooove to make the lakers Championship contenders over night lol
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #11
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

whats funny is that Denver has no problem paying the tax. so im not sure how this trade would be welcomed. we have one of the richest owners in sports.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #12
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think the Lakers went to Denver to trade Camby for Kwame earlier this summer. Didn't fly. I think Denver wanted either Farmar and a pick or atleast the pick. But no way they'd do it straight up. They're not that hard up for cap relief.

They'd be seriously idiotic to essentially give Camby up for nothing
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #13
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~13&te=&cash=

well the numbers match up...but i just dont see this trade happening...it looks like that Lakers benefit from this trade but after this trade theyre not going to have any big men left, theyre going to cripple their bench. Indy is not too keen on trading away Williams or Granger, thats their future, theyre really high on those 2 players. Last, I dont see why Denver would trade Camby for Brown and Harrison, it doesnt make sense...this is clearly a one-sided trade, benefits the Lakers and only Lakers
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #14
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

like already mentioned im pretty sure we already turned down a brown-camby trade. its not happening.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: