Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 10-22-2006, 09:38 PM   #16
HippinHoopster
Athletic Park Baller

HippinHoopster has an OK reputation so far

I agree he won't get many minutes behind the main rotation if everyone remains healthy. He is a year or tow away in my opinion from what I have seen of him in pre-season.
HippinHoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #17
hoopsididitagain
Got Some Game

hoopsididitagain has an OK reputation so far

He won't get very many minutes at least to start the season. I think he is something for The wizards to look forward to in about 2 years.
hoopsididitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #18
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Blatche is like a mini-Jamison... Long guy who can shoot with range... has trouble rebounding... can't play defence...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:57 AM   #19
Terp #33
I airball my layups

Terp #33 has an OK reputation so far

If Blatche turns out to be anything close to Jamison I will be very happy.
Terp #33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:36 AM   #20
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

but the rebounding factor still doesn't come into play... the Wiz will still get killed inside... sigh...
Old 11-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #21
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Sorry to let everybody down, but Blatche will never be a starter on this team in my eyes, yes, he has very nice ball handling skills for a player of his size and good vision, but hes too skinny, has no post moves, no jumper, and is a turnover machine, look, i hope he turns into a good ballplayer as much as the next guy, but i just dont see it happening.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #22
The Wiz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Wiz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
Sorry to let everybody down, but Blatche will never be a starter on this team in my eyes, yes, he has very nice ball handling skills for a player of his size and good vision, but hes too skinny, has no post moves, no jumper, and is a turnover machine, look, i hope he turns into a good ballplayer as much as the next guy, but i just dont see it happening.
I agree with you, but I hope the next year or to he will develop some muscle and then get a post up move which will make him more effective. If he does become a starter it won't be until at least 2009.
The Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #23
Skins2dagrave
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Skins2dagrave has an OK reputation so far

he reminds me a lot of of Lamar Odom, mad handles, can rebound, can pass. in a couple years after he gains a couple pounds and developes a consistent post game i think he'll be a Odom type player. 15 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists. kid looks promising, i just hope Washington is patient with him and doesnt let him go off to another team and excel
Skins2dagrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #24
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Andray Blatche

i think you guys said it when he just needs time and patience more than all. he's got the skills and the size.. he just needs experience and to "bulk up" some before he can be a daily contributer. he's just so inconsistant. he may have a 8/8 game then have a bad night the next. the inconsistantcy in minutes will be tough, but i still think next season he should be the 2nd or 3rd guy off the bench..
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:15 AM   #25
wally_world
M0derator

he should be a good scorer off the bench...
Old 02-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #26
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Andray Blatche has been playing some ball in all the games he's started.

As a starter he is putting up 15.6ppg 3.0blks 11.2rpg 50.0%FG and 77.8FTs

When he starts at F he is putting up 16.5ppg 2.5blks 10.8 rpgs 52.0%FG

When he starts at C he is putting up 12.0ppg 5.0blks 13.0 rpgs 40.0%FG

I think he is coming of age.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:08 AM   #27
incxpinoy
Kids at the park dunk on me

incxpinoy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq

WOW why the hell would you predict these things. Blatche was 20 friggin years old when this was posted and has a pretty bright future
incxpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #28
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected poster

Can somebody make a quick lean analysis of Blatche's game? His stats in 2k8 are downright horrible. I'd like to know his:

Offense: He shoot 46% from the field. Is that mostly from jumpers? Or does he have trouble finishing? How far does his range go?

Defense: He's shown the ability to block shots and rebound, how about his man D? Is it any good? Average?

Mobility: Can he dribble? Does he like to face up or back down? Can he shoot off the dribble?

Thanks in advance
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #29
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

He's a decent man defender (but has a tendency to get beat). He's a good ball handler and passer (and has the potential to be great for a big man). His jumper isn't quite there yet, but it's good if he can get his feet. He as shown a decent amount of skill with his back to the basket but he's at his best on offense facing up the defender. If you're trying to up his stats, I'd say that his awareness would be down a good bit.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: