Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
CySniper
Banned

CySniper has decent reputation
Default Whats impressive?

Ok, im 14, 6'1, in 8th grade and I could easily grab the rim, but can barely dunk. My friend was saying that its not that big of a deal and is little bit decent for my age and height to grab rim. He disappointed me cuz I thought dat grabbing rim at my age was impressive but i guess not. Hes 5'10 and can barely touch backboard and is saying **** about my hops. So now im working hard as hell just to show him and everybody else that I could jump. So what do I have to do to just impress people? Slam it down?
CySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
determined2win
I hit open layups

determined2win has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Whats impressive?

you impress people by doing what they say you cant.. i dont really get what youre trying to ask lol
determined2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
CySniper
Banned

CySniper has decent reputation

whats impressive for my height and age to do when I jump
CySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
determined2win
I hit open layups

determined2win has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CySniper
whats impressive for my height and age to do when I jump
there isnt an impressive vertical leap for your height, a lot of people dream of just touching the rim, be happy with what you have, keep trying to jump and eventually you will grip a leap that will allow you to dunk and show your friend who is doubting you.
determined2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
meanmonster
I brick open layups

meanmonster has an OK reputation so far

Jumping/Dunking impresses me none. What impresses me is being a team player, being able to pull up at angles and use the glass for a bank shot, baseline hook shots, coming off a screen using a pump fake then stepping back for the 3. Dunking aint nothing... its the all around game that should impress.
meanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
Lil Balla21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lil Balla21 has an OK reputation so far

Hey there is a jump program called Kangaroo Hops take this link its amazing!! i used to be dissappointed with my hops but man i felt this coming after a couple days. You feel you can jump higher after a week or two. I still do this jump program its amazing!
http://www.geocities.com/aussieboyme...opper/kangaroo
ITS AMAZING ANYONE THAT WANTS HOPS GET DEDICATED TO THIS PROGRAM, ITS THE BEST FREE PROGRAM OUT THERE!!!
Lil Balla21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:38 PM   #7
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

Not that impressive, but don't rush it. In high school, I could not dunk regularly (mostly with a volleyball), I swear almost to the day I graduated, my body developed and I was able to dunk in pickup games on the towns courts...very disappointed in one sense, but of course, nice to be able to do so.

My brother who was 3 years younger than me and about 6 foot at the time in 7th grade was able then to easily go up off two legs and grab rim with two hands, I guess maybe that was more dissapointing than anything.

Overall point I guess is that you have a great base to work with, don't over do the plyos, work on getting stronger overall total body, dabble with a little plyos and continue to work on the game itself.

I now work in a high school and the things kids can do now at such a young age is unreal both with a basketball and in physical feats.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #8
theparade
I hit open layups

theparade has an OK reputation so far

Don't do any programs like Air Alert, VJB, I bet you've heard a lot of negative things about those things overloading people, even in fully-developed people. It could very well stunt your growth.

I'm 14 this year, and I keep it low on the pylometrics, and do alot of cardio things, bicycle riding which also works the quads etc. Just keep it light, you are still growing.
theparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #9
miller123
Can barely lace up my sneakers

miller123 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CySniper
Ok, im 14, 6'1, in 8th grade and I could easily grab the rim, but can barely dunk. My friend was saying that its not that big of a deal and is little bit decent for my age and height to grab rim. He disappointed me cuz I thought dat grabbing rim at my age was impressive but i guess not. Hes 5'10 and can barely touch backboard and is saying **** about my hops. So now im working hard as hell just to show him and everybody else that I could jump. So what do I have to do to just impress people? Slam it down?
dont worry about it in a year u will be dunking it trust me im 5'10 and i can grab rim which is really decent but no one cares unless u can dunk it.
miller123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #10
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sounds like a leacher friend who is mad jealous, you shouldn't talk to people that are unathletic
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #11
AirJCoolKat23
KnickerBocker!

AirJCoolKat23 has an OK reputation so far

what's impressive is you fail in english class huh?
just joking man but whenever you can start going to the gym and work on your claf muscles, and just jump whenever you can, put some weights in your legs, and run up stairs, this should help you get a higher jump. But your upper body plays a huge part too, maintain a healthy stomach to provide you more lift in your step.
AirJCoolKat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: