Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default So Kobe doesn't care about fan's critisisms, he should!!

I sort of understand when Kobe says he doesn’t care about all the criticism about the Lakers poor play, he thinks it’s an internal team matter. He also thinks the playoffs matter more than the regular season. But Kobe should care a lot more about what fans think…. here’s why:

Confidence for players is important. If a team is playing well, things flow better and wins are easier. Play poorly and every opponent thinks they can beat you and they play harder.

If you are blowing teams out, starters get to sit the 4th quarter more often. This will pay off at playoff time. If games are close, starters play more minutes and will have less energy come playoff time. Add to this that when you play tired, you get more injuries and we all know health is usually one requirement for championship runs.

Fans get more excited when a team is doing well and it looks like they are on a championship run….. Doesn’t he want the crowd behind him at home games? If the fans are excited, it can create a lot of energy for the players during the game, again making things easier.

When a team plays like crap, who want to watch them on TV? If TV ratings drop, so will the money from the TV contracts. This affects the league’s revenues and the salary cap (more on this below).

Fans buy more Lakers stuff when they are proud of their team (I have not bought anything this year for this exact reason). I am embarrassed to talk Lakers with my friends or wear Laker’s gear after bad losses to crappy teams or when good teams kick the Laker’s a$$es. This create poorer league revenues which directly affects the salary cap that affects many players. Kobe is being selfish if he has no concern about his teammate’s income. I know HE has a fat contract locked in, but he should consider his teammates.

Kobe sells fewer shoes when the team isn’t doing well, his Nike contract will also shrink.

I know there are more reasons, please help me create a list. It may help inspire the team to put out more effort.

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: So Kobe doesn't care about fan's critisisms, he should!!

kobe cares about one thing in the long run and that's another title in the future.. all the media created noise and drama is something he's able to tune out... i'm glad he doesn't get swept up in the hoopla...

one of kobe's strongest suits has always been the ability to block out the talk talk, colorado the shaq days, phils critics in his book would have crushed a weaker minded individual and on the counter side all the acclaims and constant patting on the back could have easily distracted him after successes...
with all that has surrounded his career, he easily could become fat and happy like so many others have or vanished into the woodwork...

but
because he can stay focused on the ultimate goal,
because he wants it worse than you or i,
because he doesn't care what the media or you and i think for good or bad he can still play at a high level after all these years in the league with the same fire to compete he had as a rookie...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
kobe cares about one thing in the long run and that's another title in the future.. all the media created noise and drama is something he's able to tune out... i'm glad he doesn't get swept up in the hoopla...

one of kobe's strongest suits has always been the ability to block out the talk talk, colorado the shaq days, phils critics in his book would have crushed a weaker minded individual and on the counter side all the acclaims and constant patting on the back could have easily distracted him after successes...
with all that has surrounded his career, he easily could become fat and happy like so many others have or vanished into the woodwork...

but
because he can stay focused on the ultimate goal,
because he wants it worse than you or i,
because he doesn't care what the media or you and i think for good or bad he can still play at a high level after all these years in the league with the same fire to compete he had as a rookie...

VERY well said and I agree 100%
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm sure Kobe hears and cares about fan's criticisms; even if he says otherwise. He just doesn't let it get to him though. He won't comment on it directly like other players out there may; he is better off not letting it get to his head because if it does, it could effect how he plays and how he approaches the games. His life is in a normal cycle that it has been for the past decade. Why should the criticism of some fans change that cycle/approach? He is best off telling everyone that he doesn't listen to them, but you would be surprised how much these guys pay attention to what's said and done in the media. These guys may be superstars, but they are still human at the end of the day. Don't be surprised if there are NBA players reading these exact posts and news that we quote every day..

bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well said gts...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Well, I'm not the only one concerned about their inconsistent play.

Shockingly, the Melo for Bynum trade may be on the table.... and PJ
has this to say:

Lakers coach Phil Jackson, another source said, would like to see how his team performs in a rematch against the Celtics Thursday and in the remaining five games on its current seven-game road trip before deciding to make such a dramatic move. (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6101304)

So Phil wants to see if they can pick it up against a very good team... if
they don't, they may shake things up with a huge trade....

I know KB is the most competitive player playing today, but his will can
only do so much. It is a team game and normally the best teams are
on top. That's exactly why I think we can beat MIA in the playoffs.
The Lakers have much more team history than the newly formed
Heat.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ok, lets not turn this into another trade thread please... there are plenty already.... please? we dont want to have to over moderate but if these conversations become redundant or hard to follow from thread to thread, we will work to clean it up.

having too many like threads makes good conversation harder to be had. try to police that yourself.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I totally disagree with what the OP has to say, at least about any NBA player caring what the fans say. The average NBA fan has no idea what goes on in an NBA locker room and other than a few clips and soundbites has no idea how the players are really like behind closed doors, even a player with as much exposure as Kobe.

There's no way you can listen to a group that doesn't agree with itself the majority of the time. Half of the audience wants Kobe to shoot all the time and the other half want him to pass. There's no way he'd ever be able to make a decision. No offense but there are a lot of stupid fans out there, I would say at least 60% of NBA fans are retarded in the head. Even the most intelligent average NBA fan doesn't know as much as the lowest-paid front office guy in the league.

So to all the fans out there that think they know even anything remotely useful about the NBA, you don't, so stfu and let the people who actually get paid by the league to do their job.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: