Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2012-13 regular season!

They keep saying teams aren't spending like before but I'm sure there will be some ridiculous deals as usual. They knew about the new CBA last year when they signed Batum, Hibbert, Landry etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    They keep saying teams aren't spending like before but I'm sure there will be some ridiculous deals as usual. They knew about the new CBA last year when they signed Batum, Hibbert, Landry etc.
    True, I can imagine teams offering Nikola Pekovic a near or max deal. Someone will probably offer J.J. Hickson a $10 million a year deal too. If Pekovic, Bynum and Howard all stay with their teams I reckon there will be a team desperate for a big that offers Jefferson max money.[/quote]
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 03-18-2013 at 03:58 AM.

I'd want Pekovic over the others. Not sure how much I'd want to pay him though. He's certainly in the 12-15 million range I'd guess as a center. Seems a bit high for Hickson but I wouldn't be surprised. 7-9 Hate to think what Millsap will get if he gets that. 10-12 I'd hope. I'd think the market for Jefferson is limited. He's got skills but not sure where his game fits with his flaws. Someone will probably pay him a lot though. 12-15. Sure hope it's not the Jazz!

Bound to be the most interesting off season in Utah since the first two seasons post Stockton to Malone anyway. Jazz will have to look at front loading deals I'd think so they can pay the young 4.

Batum is probably a tiny bit overpaid and while i'm not a fan of his shot selection sometimes, there's not many guys who can average 15ppg, 6rpg, 5 assists and a block and a steal a game.
    I like Batum and he's still really young and might end up being worth what they had to match to keep him but it's a lot. I don't think I'd want him over G and I'd hate to have to pay him that but if they don't sign him to an extension this summer they might have to. I'm guessing he'll want to stay in Utah as long as they are fair with him.

Favors is going to be even tougher to have to give that kind of money to this summer but if they don't it could be a lot more next summer. He'll want to stay too I'd imagine but who knows what their agents and families will be telling them. Kanter and Burks continued development will make it easier to let them go if they get overpaid I guess. Can't make the same mistake they did with AK. That hurt the team for a long time.

I'd want Pekovic over the others. Not sure how much I'd want to pay him though. He's certainly in the 12-15 million range I'd guess as a center. Seems a bit high for Hickson but I wouldn't be surprised. 7-9 Hate to think what Millsap will get if he gets that. 10-12 I'd hope. I'd think the market for Jefferson is limited. He's got skills but not sure where his game fits with his flaws. Someone will probably pay him a lot though. 12-15. Sure hope it's not the Jazz!

Bound to be the most interesting off season in Utah since the first two seasons post Stockton to Malone anyway. Jazz will have to look at front loading deals I'd think so they can pay the young 4.

I like Batum and he's still really young and might end up being worth what they had to match to keep him but it's a lot. I don't think I'd want him over G and I'd hate to have to pay him that but if they don't sign him to an extension this summer they might have to. I'm guessing he'll want to stay in Utah as long as they are fair with him.

Favors is going to be even tougher to have to give that kind of money to this summer but if they don't it could be a lot more next summer. He'll want to stay too I'd imagine but who knows what their agents and families will be telling them. Kanter and Burks continued development will make it easier to let them go if they get overpaid I guess. Can't make the same mistake they did with AK. That hurt the team for a long time.
    I'd go for Pekovic too, but he's restricted so you'd have to offer the max to try and get Minny not to match. I've really got no idea what their front office is doing though, so they could let him go. Someone will pay Jefferson, there's usually a team that bombs out with their main targets and feels they have to sign anyone to fill in their empty cap space. Millsap should get $10 million + offers, but teams may only offer him 3 years, which could persuade him to stay in Utah with a longer term deal.

I'd go for Pekovic too, but he's restricted so you'd have to offer the max to try and get Minny not to match. I've really got no idea what their front office is doing though, so they could let him go.
    Rumors have had them going after Gasol all season with Pek expendable. That could change if Adelman doesn't come back I guess. They can't give Pek and Rubio and Love max deals.

Someone will pay Jefferson, there's usually a team that bombs out with their main targets and feels they have to sign anyone to fill in their empty cap space. Millsap should get $10 million + offers, but teams may only offer him 3 years, which could persuade him to stay in Utah with a longer term deal.
    Some teams will want Millsap to come off the bench too so a starting spot could sway him too.

The Jazz signed Travis Leslie to a 10-day contract on March 10, meaning it will expire Wednesday. Corbin likes what he

[URL="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/56024620-87/knicks-jazz-anthony-game.html.csp"][quote]Utah Jazz: Knicks

[URL="http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/56024620-87/knicks-jazz-anthony-game.html.csp"] So, if

Looks like Philly has potentially around 30 mill coming off the cap and were 7 million over this year so they might be able to sign Al straight out. Looks like maybe both teams could take more back in a sign and trade too.

Looking at their roster obviously Holiday can't be had. Not sure if T.Young could be had but might be a nice fit especially if they lose Millsap too. Would be insurance if Hayward/Favors become unaffordable as well. His contract is for 3 more years at over 8 million per but his best days are still ahead of him. He had some of his best numbers this year. Some of his other numbers were down though.

Turner could be a good fit and has supposedly been available. Question is will he be better than Burks or Hayward? Comparable to G offensively now. Not sure about his D? Burks has shown a lot lately. He would be due for an extension this summer and restricted next year with G and Favors. That's 3 big contracts in the next year and they'd probably let him become restricted because they haven't seen enough of him like Favors and G.

Hawes will be an expiring contract. Be expensive next summer to keep. Could be a nice fit with multiple skills.Could make it easier to lose Millsap/Favors if they become unaffordable.

Looks like Kwame has an option but will be an expiring contract if picked up. Not much of a fit anywhere offensively but he brings it at the other end. Could be a nice guy at the end of the bench for relatively cheap.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 03-18-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Reckon these are the teams with capspace next year to look out for

Atlanta Hawks
    Dallas Mavericks
    Houston Rockets
    Philadelphia 76ers

Jefferson to Philly if they can't/don't want to re-sign Bynum. He'll still be looking for a max deal, so they may get put off. I'm sure both the Mavericks and Hawks might look at Jefferson if they bomb out in the Dwight Howard chase too.
    Houston have Asik, but having a guy like Millsap next to him would be pretty nice. They're full of ? at PF, it'd give them a really solid option there, to fill out a starting 5 with Harden, Lin, Parsons and Asik.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 03-20-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Reckon these are the teams with capspace next year to look out for

Atlanta Hawks
    Dallas Mavericks
    Houston Rockets
    Philadelphia 76ers

Jefferson to Philly if they can't/don't want to re-sign Bynum. He'll still be looking for a max deal, so they may get put off.
    I'd be put off!

I'm sure both the Mavericks and Hawks might look at Jefferson if they bomb out in the Dwight Howard chase too.
    Howard is likely to be back in LA. How often do guys leave money on the table? Mavs were the team the Jazz outbid for Al and he would make sense ofensively next to Dirk but a Dirk/Al defensive frontline? Yikes! A Horford/Jefferson frontline could make some sense too.

Houston have Asik, but having a guy like Millsap next to him would be pretty nice. They're full of ? at PF, it'd give them a really solid option there, to fill out a starting 5 with Harden, Lin, Parsons and Asik.
    McHale might want his old pupil Al? He's said he wants to be play inside/out and Asik might be good enough defensively to play next to Al? I'd rather have Millsap in any situation. But Robinson has been compared to Paul and he says he has been watching film of him and trying to pattern his game after him.

I'd be put off!

Howard is likely to be back in LA. How often do guys leave money on the table? Mavs were the team the Jazz outbid for Al and he would make sense ofensively next to Dirk but a Dirk/Al defensive frontline? Yikes! A Horford/Jefferson frontline could make some sense too.

McHale might want his old pupil Al? He's said he wants to be play inside/out and Asik might be good enough defensively to play next to Al? I'd rather have Millsap in any situation. But Robinson has been compared to Paul and he says he has been watching film of him and trying to pattern his game after him.
    I'd be put off Bynum too, no way i'd give him the max and i'd be offering him 2 years at most after the knee surgieries.

Yea, Dirk/Al is pretty gross on D, but if they miss out on Dwight, they really don't have many choices. Doubt Chris Paul leaves the Clippers, so that'd leave them Josh Smith or Al to pick from I guess. I'm almost certain they'll spend it on whoever they can get, doubt that Dirk will be happy playing another year with Shawn Marion as the 2nd best player on the team.

I'd say Houston would go after Millsap over Jefferson just because they seem like one of the few teams who seem to have a set idea of what a max/near max guy is and if he doesn't fit that profile, then they are happy to let them pass. Asik covering for Jefferson is probably the best option that'd be available though. With Robinson I guess it comes down to how good the Rockets think they can be with him over how could they could be with Millsap/Jefferson and if the cost is worth it or not.

I'd be put off Bynum too, no way i'd give him the max and i'd be offering him 2 years at most after the knee surgieries.
    Incentive laden non guaranteed is the only way I'd go. Won't even be able to insure it. His knees are only going to get worse. But look at what Philly gave up for him and they knew he had knee problems to begin with so I'm sure someone will roll the dice.

Yea, Dirk/Al is pretty gross on D, but if they miss out on Dwight, they really don't have many choices. Doubt Chris Paul leaves the Clippers, so that'd leave them Josh Smith or Al to pick from I guess. I'm almost certain they'll spend it on whoever they can get, doubt that Dirk will be happy playing another year with Shawn Marion as the 2nd best player on the team.
    Josh Smith sounds more likely. Doesn't sound like Atlanta wants him back so he'll have to leave. Not sure I'd want to pay max for him either though. He does a lot of good things but takes to many bad shots. Not the basketball IQ you'd like for a max guy.

I think they'll continue to wait before spending money just to spend it rather Dirk likes it or not. He's probably their 2nd best player now. That's their biggest problem. They could have spent the money last summer and they didn't. With cap space there are always trades as well.

I'd say Houston would go after Millsap over Jefferson just because they seem like one of the few teams who seem to have a set idea of what a max/near max guy is and if he doesn't fit that profile, then they are happy to let them pass. Asik covering for Jefferson is probably the best option that'd be available though. With Robinson I guess it comes down to how good the Rockets think they can be with him over how could they could be with Millsap/Jefferson and if the cost is worth it or not.
    They've got a lot of young assets too that they could use in a trade with their cap space. It's not all about FAs when you have cap space. It's probably the most likely option for the Jazz unless they overpay and how they got Al to begin with.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 03-20-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Bill Oram: Asked Marvin Williams about player option at end of season, said, "I haven't even thought about that." Likes SLC a lot. Twitter @tribjazz
    UTAH JAZZ, MARVIN WILLIAMS | SHARE

Bill Oram: Assuming he stays, Jazz will play Williams $7.5 million next year. He wouldn't get that much in free agency, would only make sense for him to opt out if he was truly uncomfortable/unhappy with the Jazz, which doesn't seem to be the case. Beyond that, any issues he has with team could be resolved with roster moves this offseason. 8 other guys are FAs. Lots of change coming. Twitter @tribjazz

Read more at http://*********.com/rumors.htm#vcZxtfDisFbBxhTX.99
    He's played better since he was finally benched but he has to be traded. Only reason he'd opt out if there was a muli year deal waiting for him and after the year he's had he'll be lucky to be in the league in two years on a 1 year minimum deal.

[QUOTE]Most Jazz fans probably didn